Century Langkawi Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
The Smith House Langkawi(Padang Mat Sirat)
1,463 results
All reviewscaptain's grillpool barsea viewbuffet breakfastlobby areamonitor lizardsprivate beachrented a carbeach frontcable carnice resortcenang beachmonkeysislandwildlifechaletnature
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We've been there for our first honeymoon trip ever! It was for 3 days 2 night. Customer service are very friendly. We loved the view so much. The food was just okay.
The room size was okay. Fridge filled with so many soft drinks.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aladin85
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Dear aladin85,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

It is our pleasure to ensure our guest's needs are taken care during stay and they leave with positive lasting impression.

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us and your valuable feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I read reviews here before we departed and was quite worried. Most of the complaints are entirely true, though I had NO bad experience with the staff, they were friendly and efficient. Asked for the hairdryer to be replaced (not getting hot) when we went to dinner and surprisingly it had been replaced when we got back to the room that night. Breakfast was OK, except for the flies attending also. KEEP THE DOORS CLOSED! for starters, and install some bug zappers, preferably not OVER the food. Most of the clientele don't know what plastic wrap covers are for, therefore don't replace them after taking food - so GET SOME NETTING FOOD COVERS, I know they are available, as I saw them in a local shop! The buffet dinner was less than exciting, the Spice Trader took an hour to grill some fish and a few prawns and the food far from spice orientated, bland and boring, in fact. The only food worth eating in the evenings was at the Captain's Grill, and whilst the menu was limited, the quality was much better, but then they were charging quite high prices for what it was. The staff were well trained in wine corkage and presentation etc. and very obliging. We ate there twice and the other 3 nights went to the local Shin Mi seafood restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed excellent food, albeit a casual outdoor affair. I could spend an hour with Manager Kumar Renoo, and point out 100 things that would bring this hotel close to 3 star, but clearly it would be time wasted, as he is UNABLE to SEE needs to be done here. Wall and window washing, replace DIRTY upholstery in lobby, restaurants and rooms, fix bathroom fittings and clean the grouting, repair broken furniture/doors, the list goes on. HE is the problem with this hotel and his vacant replies to reports here mean nothing. Also the MD of Sheraton South/East Asia needs ripping for dropping the ball on this place. The hotel and setting could lovely and deserves MUCH BETTER MANAGEMENT, and Sheraton head office needs to spend the bucks required to up grade what is potentially a great resort. I am just SO grateful that we were not paying the 5 star rates for accommodation and food, given we were on a current Aussie cheap, all -inclusive package. Putting it into perspective, for what we PAID it was OK.

Room Tip: Villa/bungalow rooms are spacious with balcony..
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Dexter56
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Dexter56,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post these comments.

Firstly I must apologize that your experience at our resort was disappointing. I am most distressed to note your dismay regarding your visit.

We value the chance to learn and respond to these opportunities to improve on our facilities and your feedback will certainly be beneficial in any upcoming refurbishment and development considerations. While I cannot physically change the hotel, I can always improve the standard of our service and hospitality and have therefore discussed your comments with the management team.

I have noted both negative and positive comments regarding your dining experience at our Food and Beverage Venues. Thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion for improvement. You have my assurances that issues related to food quality and hygiene are looked into priority to ensure we constantly provide value for our guests.

Whilst we continually strive to improve on our Resort’s maintenance and cleanliness, I acknowledge that there is lots more work for us to accomplish in order to bring this property up to the expected level.

Many thanks for your compliments on the exceptional service you received from our associates especially the team at Captain’s Grill. Our associates are the greatest asset and savior when comes to guest satisfaction.

Once again, I regret for the shortfalls and thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 21, 2012

We had last stayed at Sheraton in 2007 to celebrate our first wedding Anniversary and that stay was very enjoyable. However, this time when we were planning to come to Langkawi for Holiday, given all bad reviews on trip advisor, I was not at all keen to stay at Langkawi and instead booked 3 nights at Westin. However, on my wife’s request, we decided to stay for one night at Sheraton.

However we had a very disappointing stay at Sheraton this time.

· When we reached Sheraton to check-in (from Westin) we were shocked to see that there was no person to welcome us at the main lobby entrance. We had to carry luggage to reception ourselves. Though the check-in was

· The room size was ok (it was the same room we stayed in 2007), but seemed quite run-down. The villa entrance was dirty and linen lying on the floor

· There was no drinking water in both the room and we had buy water from the convenience store (had to pay close to 25 MYR to buy water). It was only later we were told that water is provided complimentary in the rooms and the housekeeping staff had forgotten to keep water in our rooms prior to our checking.

· The shower and toilet were mouldy, filthy and stained

· It seems that the whole property is not maintained properly. There was filth everywhere, benches were not clean, even the beach had a lot of trash.

· The water was leaking from aircon in lobby

· The toys/books in Kids club were broken/torn

They charged my credit card twice (though when i pointed out, they refunded the amount in a week). But just the instance of double charging is not acceptable in the first place.

So it did not seem 5-star experience at all, given we paid such a high rate for the rooms. Our experience at Westin was far better even though we considerably paid a lower price there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Kochar
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Kochar,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and choosing to stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort.

I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay with us was disappointing and arrival experience was less impressive. Please accept my apologies for the trouble you had encountered with your luggage upon arrival. I have noted and reviewed your concern with our Front Office Manager to ensure our Bell Counter is manned appropriately.

The incomplete set up of our room amenities is unacceptable. You have my assurances that this has been shared with our Room Attendants to ensure room amenities are provided according to the standard.

Whilst we continually strive to improve on our resort overall maintenance and cleanliness, however I acknowledge that we still have lots more work to do to bring this property up to the expected level.

The leak from air conditioning at our lobby happens when there is condensation. I appreciate your concern and can assure our maintenance conduct regular checks on this.

Many thanks for your mentioned regarding the facilities provided at our Lutong Kid’s Club, rest assured, I have reviewed this with our Recreation Assistant.

The inaccuracy of credit card charge incurred is very much regretted. Please rest assured, those concern has been guided accordingly to avoid any future disappointment.

Again, I regret for not meeting your expectations and thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope you would give us an opportunity to improve and let us welcome you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Our stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort Hotel on Langkawi Island, Malaysia was a disaster almost from the start. Problems were many:

Hot Water System

On arrival on the 17 August 2012 (Friday) we were shown to a lovely room with ocean views and a lovely Jacuzzi. Later that day (quite late at night) when I went to have a shower I found the “hot” water to be cold. The next day (Saturday) when I checked the heat of the water and found it to be cold again, I contacted reception and advised them that the “hot” water was cold and could they please fix it. It took three or four further phone calls by me after waiting 15 minutes to 20 minutes between calls (they did not voluntarily return any of my calls, which I did request after the first non returned call) before the receptionist put me through to the duty manager who advised that the hot water system was not working in the group of rooms we were housed in. It was my understanding that they had ordered the part but it had to come from Kuala Lumpur and it was a long weekend so they did not expect it until after the weekend (this had been ordered Friday). When pushed to find would they do anything for us the manager advised that they would have a room available in another group on the next day (Sunday) but could do nothing for us on this day. Also the duty manager said that she may be able to give us an upgrade to a suite but nothing was available at that time. She did offer to give us a free meal at one of their restaurants should we want one and that we contact her for her to organise on the day. We never took her up on this offer as we felt that it was “grudgingly” offered.
After consideration of the above events I think that the Sheraton management may even have known about the hot water being defective when they put us into the room on Friday, because they already seemed to have already ordered the part for the hot water system when I called on Saturday. We were also very surprised that a “five star” rated resort hotel would not have replacement parts or replacement units for something so essential as hot water.
After discussion, we decided to stay in the room as we did not particularly like the situation of the alternate room offered and would have preferred that we either had the hot water system fixed before we left or an upgrade of our accommodation as offered. To our disappointment we heard nothing from the hotel management for the balance of our holiday (we left on the following Friday 24 August 2012) regarding our hot water and we had cold water for the duration of our stay, we were not even offered an apology on the day we left.

PS We were never able to use the Jacuzzi (other than to wash our clothes) as a cold Jacuzzi was not appealing.

Restrooms in Resort Foyer and other shared areas

The state of cleanliness of the restrooms in public areas was disgraceful. The Gents urinals, even after “cleaning”, were left with a layer of dry urine at the back of the units which had accumulated over time. The Ladies cubicles were in a dreadful state with used toilet paper strewn around the cubicles and toilets unflushed.

Paths

Whe state of the paths leading to and from the rooms was not maintained well. There were areas where sand accumulated on the paths and because of the slope and with the rain these paths became dangerously slippery especially at night. There was one particular area where some animal had used the path as a toileting area and for the last five days of our stay I had to avoid this mess. It was not cleaned up.

The service generally was acceptable, but there was one particular occasion when the waiter and waitress were particularly not observant to the point of ignoring us when we required service. This caused my partner to go to reception to speak to the duty manager about whether the Sheraton really was a five star resort. The cumulative effect of the service, cold water etc was ruining our holiday.

Overall we were extremely disappointed by the Sheraton’s lack of care and consideration of its clients.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Franjipani123
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Dear Franjipani123,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

I regret to learn of your recent experience and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered during your stay.

Please rest assured, guest’s feedbacks are taken seriously and issues are resolved to our level best during stay. It was unfortunate that our room solar hot water heating element broke down during your stay and maintenance faced some challenges in fixing the problem as delivery of replacement parts was delayed. I have taken your comment on board that we could further improve on our follow ups to ensure guest is updated on the status to avoid any future disappointment.

Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness issues. You have my assurances that this has been looked into priority by my team members.

Meanwhile, I have also shared your concern with regards to the apathy service you received from our waiters / waitress with our Food & Beverage Manager to ensure we are able to provide the best service possible moving forward.

Once again, I apologize for the disappointment and thank you for your valuable feedback. We hope that you would give us an opportunity to improve and let us welcome you back.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from 7 days at the Sheraton Langkawi. I have got to admit after reading other travellers experiences before we left I was very apprehensive but once there I wandered what all the fuss was about. Yes it is tired and dated, yes it needs some TLC but that's where the negatives stop. We had a superior garden view room which was very comfortable and clean. The staff couldn't do enough for us and what they couldn't answer they found out for us. We tried all three restaurants at the resort and although some meals were better than others I certainly wouldn't recommend not eating at them. As another traveller mentioned the Shin Mi restaurant was just down the road and they would pick you up and drop you back at the Sheraton Langkawi. The location amongst the rain forest was relaxing and whenever we wanted to venture further we used taxis which were really cheap. We really enjoyed our time at the resort and can't complain about a thing.

Room Tip: Garden View room was quiet and close to the main lobby
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kiwi648
sheratonlangkawi, General Manager at Century Langkawi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Kiwi648,

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Sheraton Langkawi Beach Resort in this review.

I am very happy to know that you had a relaxing break but most importantly our associates have exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us.

Many thanks for your kind review and time. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.