My husband and 2 children stayed at The Westin Langkawi for 10 days in October. We were warmly greeted by the hotel reception staff during an exceptionally busy day for the hotel (conference scheduled to start). Much to our delight the front desk manager offered us the opportunity to upgrade to a beach front villa at a special rate - primarily due to the fact that the hotel was fully booked and the hotel was keen to ensure we had a really positive experience based on the length of our stay.
The beachfront villas are unique in that they have private plunge pools, butler service, golf cart transport to and from the key amenities, and other little in room touches such as internet access and kitchen facilities. Beautifully maintained, quiet locations and plenty of room for a small family. Generally used by 'Honeymooners' so as a family we were somewhat unique guetss in this part of the resort. We stayed in Villa 5002 which was close to the beach recreation centre and with easy access to the 'Taste' restaurant on the beach. The atmosphere from the villa was so pleasant my husband and I dinned on the terrace of our Villa most evenings with food delivered from the main Taste restaurant menu brought to our door with no extra charge and always via extremely professional, willing and cheerful food and beverage staff. My husband worked his way through all the local curries on the menu and could not decide which was his favourite - they were all excellent. Good choice and the childrens meals were fresh, simple and any minor changes they required to suit their likes and dislikes were readily accommodated.
Our 2 boys (4 and 6) took great delight in taking the golf carts to breakfast and also 'demanded' to be booked into the kids club (a great start for some adult time on holiday!). They made some friends, charmed the ladies in the club, and turned the 10 days into their own routine of kids club, pool activities and enyoying the villa.
The staff throughout the hotel were extremely attentive. Whenever we had any special requests they were granted and we were always made to feel like true guests of the hotel and island.
Both main pool areas never seemed busy (even when the hotel was full), and the hotel has lots of private enclaves in order to find personal space to relax in the grounds. Wed took the catamaran out a number of times and enjoyed the views of the coast. The beach is quiet and private but best used during high tide (can be a little 'muddy' to swim at low tide but very safe for children at all times. I had a number of treatments in the spa which were heavenly to say the least.
We have travelled extensively in the middle east and asia and we though the Westin was up there with some of the best of the hotels these regions have to offer for location, layout and experience. The villa was truly lovely and we would return again...
Many thanks to gobalan ramiah and his team who constantly checked we were enjoying our time at the hotel and made the experience very special for our 2 boys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin