My sister & me decided to have a quick visit to Langkawi during the school holidays since I have never been here yet. I was split to choose between the Andaman & Westin. After much consideration & since like I really enjoyed staying in Westin KL, i choose the same brand in Langkawi. The strategic location near Kuah town and the yacht club (for best meal), plus not too far from the airport & about 30mins to Cenang beach. My main cause of this trip is to relax & enjoy sailing in the open sea, perhaps enjoying their flagship Heavenly spa when we're there.
The real good/impressive:
The front desk lady (cant remember her name , starts with M) are pleasant & energetic. always full of smiles & accommodating...in the style of MAS stewardess lol. The porter who bring our begs during check in are fun, and the spa caddy driver is very polite. They really take pride in serving guests and it shows.
We liked the newly rejuvenated rooms, bright & white. Cleanliness inside the room is spot on.
The resort itself is well kept, grass lawn is short & tidy. not an inch of mosquito bite experienced throughout our stay.
The Heavenly Spa facilities & staffs.
The mehs (not necessary bad but it can be improved):
Have to write a note to housekeeping card asking for bath amenities & bottled water for 2 person for the next day...we booked a twin bed room & obviously 2 pax were staying.
Breakfast, compared to Westin KL....here is nothing. They didn't have minute steaks, hash brown patties, local kuih, japanese/indian section, noodle of the day is too spicy...basically the same food choices every day. But it is still recommended to take the breakfast just for the sake of convenience. Yes they have that adult drink (champagne) but we're not a fan of it so we didn't try it.
We decided to dined in on 2nd day because we're too tired after the Rampant sailing activity, cant barely walked down to the yacht club for dinner. We proceed to Tide but to our dismay it was closed for event, hence proceed to Breeze. The menu at Breeze are very limited in terms of Asian food. Even though the portions are big with some condiments but it was simply not tasteful enough. I don't liked the idea of half grilled fish fillet so it tasted "lantuh" (hanyir/fishy) and ate only the briyani rice, papadam & pickles. Also it was expensive even after the 15% SPG discount!
The paint work in the bathroom & cabinet after rejuv was a bit sloppy, lines of paint spotted near the mirror...the balcony wood is not painted & was not cleaned from bird droppings.
Some part of the garden need to be replanted, especially at the middle of the resort. it looked like bushes from afar & untidy.
Street lighting and walkway are too dark for a night stroll. There is even lesser place to lounge comfortably during night time since most of the restaurants are open & very hot. Their only air conditioned restaurant is closed for rejuvenation.
Somehow in the middle of the night the air-cond feels warm, no need blanket to sleep until the wee hours of morning.
Some guys manned the concierge desk wore a tight face, it feels awkward to ask for assistance. On our 3rd day we rent a car to drive around the island. When we returned to the resort, the gate guard was changed to different person so he did not recognized us. he flagged us to stop & asking our room number. Yeah pretty tight security around here. noticing the awkwardness of the situation he immediately said "welcome back" :-p
The rest of the stay/experience are pretty standard though...
If i were about to rate it honestly, it's a little bit short of that Westin standard...i never felt being at a Westin at all while staying here. I still prefer their city hotel in KL with everything incl food, room service & spa at the lower prices. Now if this is some kind of no name brand resort but rated 5 stars that would be expected. Oh well, i think that's the impact of conversion of brands throughout the decades.
During our island round trip, we passed by some other infamous resorts including Berjaya & Andaman. Lo and behold, we hated the narrow & dangerous hilly entrance to the Andaman lobby. on our way out we almost ramped into a van! Others are located either in a noisy & busy area, simply run down places, or just too deserted from civilization! After enough sightseeing we finally contented that the Westin Langkawi is still the best place to stay after all. We will be back, but not in a rush though since i've already experience the best sailing activity in Langkawi. Except from that, there's nothing much more to do here that interest me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin