“So friendly!”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 106 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The moment we stepped out of the taxi the attention and warm welcome were staggering!
Nothing is too much trouble here and it is a beautiful place

Clean and good quality everything. The breakfast was particularly great

FanTastic

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Dear Mark M,

Thank you very much for your loyalty to The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. Your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities is truly appreciated. Thank you also for recognizing our signature SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you for another rejuvenating holiday.

MS

Write a ReviewReviews (3,209)

Reviewed April 30, 2014

There were 32 of us in our group, kids included. The bartender at the pool bar was exceptionally rude to our kids. When they had gone up to him to order drinks, he told them to GO AWAY! When my husband walked up to him, he immediately got his colleague to prepare the mentioned drinks.

The seafood at the Tide restaurant was not at all fresh. The manager was not experienced enough to handle our large group nor was he polite.

Having said this, the housekeeping staff were exceptionally friendly and always wore a smile.

For the price we paid, we were very disappointed with the quality of service rendered by Westin and its staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank VGT1

Dear VGT1,

Thank you very much for your feedback I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I would like to apologize on behalf of our team, same as I did personally when I met you in the resort. It goes without saying that we had reviewed your comments with the teams involved to avoid similar occurrences in the future. We truly appreciate your kind compliments in regards to our housekeeping associates. I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We love this hotel. The beach was average though wasn't fantastic. Everything else was excellent, friendly staff, good food... We ordered room service, food were very good. Might return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ragdoll777

Dear Ragdoll777,

Thank you for your review. I am so glad to know that you have enjoyed your holiday and might return back in the near future. Thank you as well for your generous remark regarding our excellent services, friendly staff and good food. On the other note, our beach is not as good as the beach in the North of Langkawi, as we were unfortunately not blessed with the best on the island, but we can make this up with 3 different pools, a Spa pool and various private pools for Villa guests. We look forward to welcoming you for another rejuvenating holiday.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The resort itself is very nice, very big and in a quiet area.

My partner and I stayed in a partial view room, which for us was a lot better than expected, a very nice view out to the jetty. The bathroom was probably not as nice as it could be but the room overall was good. One of my main reasons for selecting the hotel was knowing that we didn't want to be sleeping on your typical hard Asian bed and we weren't let down with the Westin bed being fantastic.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good and we made it our biggest meal of the day to get us through until dinner. Loved the breakfast bellini.

We ate at the hotel twice for dinner- the Brazilian and the seafood buffets. Both were disappointing.

The pool during the day is very nice, we didn't have any problems swimming up to the bar to get a drink- though they are typically hotel expensive. We went down to the beach once but the water was almost as hot as it was outside so preferred to stay at the pool.

Its about a 30min taxi to Chenang beach but only about $10AUD by taxi.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank THESHONKOFTONK

Dear THESHONKOFTONK,

Thank you very much for taking your time in sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your positive highlighting about our resort, recognizing our signature Heavenly Bed and SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. I am also concerned to note that the quality of food did not meet your expectations during your dinner. I will discuss with my culinary team in how we can make a better experience for our guests. I hope that we may have another opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My partner and I stayed for 5 days, amazingly beautiful hotel on its own property which is quite large. Had an ocean view room (highly recommended for the extra price, but I would make sure it's on the upper level as the lower level would be slightly blocked by the gardens). Very good buffet breakfast (I've been to quite a few), and the service was exceptional. Their 'Heavenly' bedding was also amazing, but try to make sure you get an actual King instead of two queens squashed together, biggest bed in the world but can def feel the lump in the middle. Because of a health incident with my partner we had to stay an unexpected extra night, they looked after us superbly, gave us a free upgrade (which included breakfast) and offered to open the buffet breakfast early for us so we could leave at 7am (normal breakfast start time).
The only negative like a few other comments on here is the time to get a drink from the pool bar, when very busy expect 30-40min wait or just avoid it completely. Tip: Massages are very expensive at the resort, check tripadvisor for reviews, all the good ones will offer free pickup from the hotel, in the tourist brochure we got from the airport an ad specifically mentioned the distance from the Westin hotel itself (they must get a lot of business from them!)

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floor if choosing 'Ocean View' or 'Partial Ocean View' L...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank xrbrett

Dear xrbrett,

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa and you have enjoyed 5 days stay here with us. I appreciate your positive feedback about our comfortable newly rejuvenated room especially our signature Heavenly Bed, which definitely provides undisturbed sleep for a great night and even a better tomorrow. Thank you very much for recognizing our signature SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast. Our stylish buffet breakfast is well-known by its widespread variety of nourishing food with a free-flow of sparkling wine which provides every guest a luxurious yet renewing breakfast experience. I appreciate you bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention in regards to the service from Splash poolside bar for further improvement. It was a great pleasure to have you amongst our guests and I hope that we may welcome you again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night - April 2014. Its a huge hotel and everyone seemed quite friendly but...
There weren't enough sun loungers by the pools. Not much shade (sun suffering husband.....). Staff at pool bar did ok - but have to say mango salad was the worst I've ever had and was not authentic - seemed to be covered with a chilli sauce not fresh herbs and spices...Room was lovely with a view over the recreation centre - which would have been boring apart from the monkeys playing in the trees.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear Sue K,

Thank you very much for taking your time in sharing your experience with us. We appreciate your positive highlighting about our insufficient stock of our sun loungers at the pools, as this will happen during peak period. I am also concerned to note that the quality of food did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincerely apologies for any inconvenience caused. I would try my level best with the help of my team to ensure that similar problems are not likely to happen again. We hope we are able to welcome you back to our resort for another rejuvenating stay again.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

The setting for the hotel is fantastic with magnificent views, the pool areas are also very good and the last positive is the breakfast which is superb. Now for the negatives, this hotel is let down badly by its service. The pool bar is very hit and miss and can take an age to get served. Whilst we were there a wedding was booked in for several days which resulted in some areas of the hotel shut down for non wedding guests. When you are paying to stop in a 5 star hotel you don't expect to feel like a second class citizen, especially when no warning at the time of booking was made about the wedding. My wife really enjoyed the spa but this was shut to her for 2 days as the wedding had taken it over. Treatments were offered elsewhere but this was not in the same setting. The wedding also took over some of the restaurants limiting the places you could eat. One final insult is the 10% service charge on the mini bar, which is a complete joke as nobody comes into your room to serve you. It feels like money grabbing, because it is. This place could be magnificent but it needs a new culture introduced from the management. What a shame.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ricardo246

Dear Ricardo246,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am certainly disappointed to note that our pool bar service was not up to your satisfaction and some interruption during spa treatment on second day due to location engaged with wedding group. I am never proud to know that we have failed to delight a guest but I am always thankful for comments so that we can learn and improve. I have to agree with you that our resort offer wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. I am also pleased to know that our daily SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation. We wish to welcome you again in the near future.