We stayed at the Westin from 13 - 23 February to celebrate my wife's 60th Birthday. We had stayed at Pelangi Beach Resort 10 previously to celebrate her previously significant birthday. Our preference would be for the Westin.
On our early arrival (about 11.00am) we were informed that our room was not ready, however efforts were made to enable us to get our before the usual check in time which they did. As we were staying for 10 day our room was up graded and we were on the 2nd floor at ground level over looking the gardens. On arrival in our room there was a bowl of fresh fruit and a bottle of wine, most welcomed.
The room was large and well decorated, with regular deliveries of bottled water. The hotel is in a glorious setting over looking the Andaman sea and many of the other Langkawi islands. The beach is made up of course sand/shells and the sea is not particularly clear. However this is more than made up for by the various swimming pools. Towards the end of our stay we tended to walk to the spa area which was very quiet and relaxing. At the he Spa pool you could have all to your self. In addition on ocassions there was entertainment from a troop of monkeys.
Breakfast was magnificant which a large range of hot and cold items, many being freshly cooked. The view from the restuarant was stunning, what a way to start the day. We spent Valentines Day evening with a buffet/BBQ meal around the swimming pool with wine included in the price. This was made more romantic with a power cut midway through the evening. The food was wide and varied in choice, well prepared and tasty, being prodimately fish based.
For my wife's birthday she was treated royally by all the staff, she had cake and candles delivered to our room, greetings card from the Housekeeping team, what a nice touch, a vase of lilies plus another flower arrangement. In the evening we had the Malaysian Buffet which was terrific. The staff also gave my wife another cake and they sang her Happy Birthday. The hotel staff certainly made her birthday memorable.
The hotel is away from any main attractions but this adds to its charm. A short walk away is the Royal Langkawi Yacht Club which is nice setting for an alternative eating and drinking venue or a short taxi ride in Kuah for local eateries.
There is some building work going on outside the hotel, a new conference centre, which gave some backgraound noise. During our stay the Breezes bar was being renovated which did cause some noise disturbance at times.
We would thoroughly recommend the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Starwood APAC, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin