“Nice Location, with a deliciuos food”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
“Nice Location, with a deliciuos food”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

It's a nice hotel, our room was on the 2nd floor so we had to take the elevator to go two floors DOWN !! :O
The tag names of the staff were having a hobby of that staff you can chat with him ..
all in all, this island is a wonderful place ..

Room Tip: Choose low floor to have an easy access to the beach ..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank r00r83
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear r00r83,

Thank you very much for your warm words. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location and your dining expectations were met. It was a great pleasure for us to serve you and we hope to welcome you again.

Michael Schlueter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Helier, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I don't know what's wrong with this peoples, but honestly I am not sure they have been traveling in other country! 5* local rating,.. Should be 2*! Anyway my 8 days experience over New Year was not very nice. Not sure it's a management in this hotel or may be he was away? I am A Platinum Accor Business Card and I had never seen an hotel like it. (After checkout the Raffles in Singapore) who was cheaper!
From the check in where I booked a kingsize bed and they give me 2 separates beds, to the food who was terrible(ok not too pricy but no excuse) , no soundproof at all, you ear every single person or child walking in the corridor, room look like Ikea furnitures, everywhere it's filthy which it's no excuses.
Dust at the back of chairs in main restaurant is amazingly thick..
Our friends move to a villa and find a open condoms in their side bed drawn!,,
The New Year gala was not bad outside but again terrible food.
For the pool you have to do your own service for towels and signed every time. Big panel mentioned that you can not take seat if you are not staying, but by 08:10 all beds are towels with a shoe and stay empty up to 12:00.
One thing good was the SPA....Yes!
So not Recommended and please Starwood, find a good manager or do something, I hope all this peoples I meet in a week and we're not happy with this hotel are going to review this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't be bother...check another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank JerseyLB
Dear JerseyLB,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I am truly sorry for any inconveniences caused in regards to your room arrangement as well as the noise disturbance from the corridor. I am concerned about the issue regarding our venue cleanliness and have immediately spoken with my team to take corrective action. I totally agree that villa experiences you bringing up are clear deficiencies about our services and I do want to sincerely apologies for this. I very much regret that we have failed to meet your dining expectations and have informed our team accordingly for improvement. Thank you for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa. I hope our experienced spa therapists have made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. I would take pleasure in welcoming you back so that you could experience the resort as it was meant to be.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We weren't able to check in until 3pm which wasn't ideal as we were on the morning ferry from Penang and got to the hotel at 12pm.
Once we hit the pool area though the smile didn't leave my face for hours as I was sure we had arrived in paradise!

The scenery is incredible with the infinity pool leading the view over the ocean. Absolutely stunning!

The service was good but not to the same standard as the Shangri La's in KL and Penang that we had come from.

It is very difficult to get a lounge in the pool area, I came down at 9.30am and they had already been reserved with books and towels by other guests. There just aren't enough for the number of people staying here.
The buffet breakfast was good but probably not the best we experienced on our trip to Malaysia.

I would probably still come back. With such an amazing location it is easier to forgive the shortcomings of this hotel! The swim up pool bar was another plus!
Also had a nice surprise at the airport when we discovered the Westin Lounge!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Joannanana
Dear Joannanana,

Thank you very much for your kind review. I regret that we were unable to fully meet your expectation in regards to early check in as we were running an almost full occupancy in this month. I have to agree with you that the scenic views from the resort are just breathtaking. Waking up to the magnificent sounds of the waves and the breath taking scenic view is to die for. Thank you for keep us in the loop in regards to the sun loungers for proper planning during peak season. I appreciate your positive comment about our Splash pool bar. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed our lounge at the departure hall. Westin airport lounge is a comfortable place that our guest must not miss before departing from the island. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We don't normally stay in resorts, but thought it would be worth trying given the value was actually pretty good comparing to non-resorts in the island. And we were very glad with our decision.
The room was absolutely comfortable, I love their bed! :) The service throughout the stay was also outstanding, the staff is very courteous and friendly. There are kayaks and sailing boats for rent. It would be great if included in the price, still, the price is ok. Their swimming pool is just amazing, with a bar from the inside, which makes it really hard getting out of it! :) They also have a pool with stones, which is more relaxing...
To make sure we saw the attractions of the island, we rented a scooter from an agency within walking distance of the resort, where you can also book budget boat tours.
The breakfast was also a delight, with a very wide variety of items and lots of seasonal fruits and fresh juices.. We tried most of the restaurants and were not disappointed. We were lucky that the lobby bar had live enteitainment every night of our stay, so it was fun to stick around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brumieb
Dear Mirabru,

Thank you for having chosen The Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa during your trip to Langkawi Island. It is great to know you have enjoyed our newly rejuvenated room and signature Heavenly Bed. I am glad to know that our customer service was to your satisfaction. I do agree with you that our unique infinity pool and Splash pool bar are awesome and infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. Thank you for highlighting ocean rock pool too. I am happy to hear that our SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation as well as other equally-excellent dining venues. Furthermore thank you for mentioning our Breeze Lounge, which offers a relaxed atmosphere with, live music, the perfect combination for a nice evening. We hope to welcome you again for another relaxing stay in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed for 5 days in Westin Langkawi between 30th to 3rd Jan and we were very glad with the experience. Some highlights:
- New Year Eve Party: amazing organization. Service was fantastic. If you did not have a glass, waitress fast offer you one. Party Decoration was really good and following expectations. Life band and DJ kept the party going at full energy.
- Food: just amazing food always. Very good management. Manager Antonio was fantastic at all times. Every single day he was kindly receiving guests for the Breakfast and Dinner. At least at all times we were at the restaurant he was there and always very friendly and kind. Talking to him few minutes you easily understand the professionalism behind the whole Food experience at the Westin. We are glad such professionals are leading such great hotels as Westin.
- Service: all waitresses and service team always amazing and with great smile!!
- Gym: even though old equipment it has everything for a good training.
- Rooms: really well decorated and clean
- Breeze bar: really nice Trio group called Djava were making the nights really nice.
- Tour: last day we got a very nice driver that shows us around - 120 RM for 4 hours - his name is Mohamed Amzar - his tel +6012 527 8751.

We hope the Westin Langkawi continue like that providing amazing experiences for guests.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Marcos_Brazil_Russia
Dear Marcos_Brazil_Russia,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. It is great to know you have enjoyed the New Year eve’s celebration with us. We appreciate very much your encouraging remarks! It is very kind of you to highlight our cuisine and I am so pleased to know that your dining expectations and needs were met. I am pleased to know that you felt well taken care of; I will certainly compliment my team with your feedback as well as recognize their great work. I am very pleased to hear your standards being met with regards to our WestinWORKOUT gym. It also comforts me to hear that you have enjoyed our newly rejuvenated rooms. I am pleased to know you were able to soak up the serene atmosphere from Breeze, a great place to unwind with signature martinis and live entertainment music performed by the resident band. My team and I are really grateful for your comments and we wish to welcome you again.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We really enjoyed our short stay (2 nights) at Westin Langkawi during September 2013.
Staff: Always available to help and service was five stars
Food: Great breakfast and seafood (Tide)
Room: We stayed at the one-bedroom suite which was amazing. Modern, confortable and spacious
Pools: Rock and infinity pools are really nice.
However, maybe because of the time of the year, the beach was not very good (like most of the beaches in Langkawi).
In sum, I totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear FCapelao,

Thank you for your positive and generous comments. I appreciate your highlighting on the quality service offered by our friendly and well-trained associates. Thank you for your feedback on our cuisine, I will definitely pass them on to our chef and F&B team. It is a great pleasure to know that you had a comfortable and pleasant stay in our one-bedroom suite. I do agree with you that our swimming pools are lovely. As for the beach, we will continue to constantly do our utmost to monitor and improve the condition of the area. I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Manama, Bahrain
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We went in December, the rooms are comfortable & new. The best thing about the hotel is the 3 pools, Very picturesque . The infinity pool is the best. Some people say the beach is not nice but we loved it. The staff is very friendly we strongly recommend.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear jukes303,

Thank you very much for your warm words. We really appreciate your positive comments about our comfortable rooms. It is very kind of you to highlight our infinity pool which offers magnificent views of the Andaman Sea. I am happy to know that our beach was up to your satisfaction. It is always rewarding to know that you felt well taken care of; I will certainly compliment my team with your feedback. I hope we have the pleasure to welcoming you back for another renewing stay.