“Perfect getaway”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The beach isn't that nice, but the pools in the resort more than make up for it! My favorite was the rock pool. The resort has numerous nooks and crannies where you can have quiet out of the way moments. Beach bar has THE best Green Tea and honey mojitos! Lobby bar has Middle Eastern treats. Breakfast buffet was beautiful. Super friendly staff as well and lovely rooms.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Ibis R,

Thank you very much for your precious feedback. In regards to the beach, I do agree that the area here obviously not blessed with the best beach. Alternatively, resort features four unique pools option. I am delighted to know that your dining expectations were met and I am sure the chefs are pleased to know that. I would like to thank you for your generous remarks regarding our friendly associates and newly rejuvenated rooms. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us, and we look forward to your return.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Westin Langkawi is lovely. It's a popular choice amongst the Middle Eastern travellers so be sure to book your stay early as the property tends to get very busy during the peak season.

I was impressed by the staff who were helpful and accommodating during my stay with a group of 70 odd people. Food is good but the service is outstanding.

A lot of times, the aesthetic and the location of the property mean everything but this is one place where you know you will be looked after by their ever devoted staff. Well done. It's been an absolute pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Odetorei,

Thank you very much for your warm words and for sharing the tip with others. I am happy to hear that our associates were great, making you feel very well taken care of. Also, I am delighted to know that your dining expectations were met and I am sure the chefs are pleased to know that as well. Your satisfaction towards our services makes us feel very proud. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

The infinity pool by the sea.... the sprawling campus... the amazing restaurant... the convertible mini cooper... the courteous travel desk... the well behaved drivers.... the relaxed atmosphere... the entire place is very nice...

Thank you team Westin... i had a comfortable stay with my family of 2 kids. Hey! i even got Indian food in room service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bharat B,

Thank you very much for your generous feedback. I am very pleased with your overall satisfaction with your stay here at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. It has been a great pleasure serving you and your family and we welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We wanted to avoid the "usual suspects" for our honeymoon, so we opted for relatively lesser known islands of Malaysia (lesser known to South East Asians I believe as there were many from Western parts and Middle east). The Westin Langkawi is located at a secluded yet convenient spot, on the opposite side of the main town area. Its views from the infinity pool are breathtaking and a dinner is must at the Breeze bar, listing to live music and watching the sun set. Take a short walk or a very expensive cab ride (8 MYR for like 200 m :( ) to the Eagle Square which has everything from duty free stores, local Malaysian eateries and even KFC- along with much recommended Bike rental, and tour shops. (Negotiation highly recommended)!
Take a bike from here and explore the island at your own terms. All in all, a very memorable lifetime experience!

Room Tip: Go for Patio - you dont wanna waste on Seaview rooms when all you see when you get out of the room i...

Dear Sohiljap,

Thank you for having chosen The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa for your honeymoon. I am very pleased to hear that you had a memorable stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you find our location conveniently. Our resort situated on private beachfront yet it is only one kilometer from the main harbor of Langkawi, three kilometers from Kuah duty-free shopping centers. It is very kind of you to highlight our unique infinity pool. No doubt that our infinity pool offers magnificent views of the Andaman Sea and I am so glad to know that you have enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. On another note, I am delighted to know you were able to soak up the serene atmosphere from Breeze, a great place to unwind with signature martinis and live entertainment music performed by the resident band. It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us; I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Will share the problem first. while booking this hotel, i was enquiring in the online chat of Westin site. All i was wanting was a oceanview room (because from the hotel site it wasn't clear which room was that). The chat agent "Simone C" repeatedly told me that with 969 ringgit, i would get a oceanview villa. Not seeing it on site, i asked him thrice whether it was a villa and he confirmed. Later on i found it was a simple room and not a villa!! I guess the agents should be trained more to focus on customer's query rather than thinking of business!!

Everything else was great. If you want a quiet place to spend your vacation in Langkawi, this is a good option. The hotel is very close to Langkawi jetty and have their private approach road and beach. Dining in restaurant was excellent with the view in front. I must mention the proactive support and assistance i got from the staffs regarding simplest of things. For example, 1 night i had to go to hospital with my wife and the assistance i got was overwhelming

Room Tip: Do not trust the online chat agent of the hotel site.
1  Thank itsshuvo
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Dear itsshuvo,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I appreciate you bringing up the issue you have encountered regarding central customer service to our attention. Please rest assured that similar incident not likely to happen again. It is wonderful to know that you find our location conveniently and I am pleased to know that your dining expectations and needs were met. Last but not least, I am happy to hear that our associates were great, making you feel very well taken care of. We hope to see you again for another renewing stay.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I would have given this a 4.5 start but for the fact that this is not an option. It is somewhere between very good and excellent. Now to the actual review.

It is fairly far from the airport and central city so this is the first thing to be aware of. However, the place is gorgeous with 3 different pools, 1 a rock pool for playing, a small wading pool for kids and an almost infinity pool. This is a beach property but the beach is not the best in the area. The breakfast buffet was amazing with unlimited champaing, waffles, crepes other western and malaysian dishes.

The shower was almost see through from the room and hence not the best for families. No way to have privacy while you shower. And the shower itself was a bit weird in that it kept going from hot to cold.

We were able to very easily lock ourselves out of the room because of the security latch. Something that seemed odd to me.

While I have concentrated mostly on the negatives, the reason for that was every thing else was exceptional. The service, food and room otherwise was amazing. The bed was large and very comfortable. The beach chairs were very comfortable and well shaded. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rishisinha

Dear rishisinha,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. Your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities is truly appreciated. In regards to the beach, I do agree that the area here obviously not blessed with the best beach. Thanks for letting us know shower water issue and have informed our engineering team accordingly for immediate improvement. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Just back from a 3 night break at the--- The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa..
To be honest the hotel was good / clean and friendly enough. Free WIFI worked well and the location is quiet and peaceful which is exactly what we had planned for. Drink and food prices were about right and were not stupid or OTT!
Now the one thing that really disappoints most travellers is an inconsistent pricing policy – This hotel is the biggest offender I have came across in many years of staying at reputable hotels. I am an SPG preferred guest program member. At the time of booking I challenged Starwood group why their website was more expensive than Booking.com or Agoda for the same superior room / partial sea view including breakfast, the hotel immediately readjusted the price down to match the two above. In discussion with other guests 2 of whom were not part of the SPG program we learnt that they booked around a similar time as my wife and I, indeed for the same dates / rooms etc including breakfast - -other guests paid 1000MYR (£200 GBP) less than ourselves booking with the SPG website as so called preferred guests.. I am so disappointed with SPG group as they do not commit to a best price available policy (Which Marriot group fully commit too) It’s a lottery when you book with them – avoid getting ripped off and suffering disappointment like ourselves – steer clear of SPG booking site and the preferred member scheme, it will save you money longer term.

Dear Knockout28,

Thank you very much for your precious feedback. I appreciate your positive comments about clean and friendly environment and good to know you enjoyed our peaceful location. Concerning your comment on our pricing, please rest assured that we do continue monitor our prices and to observe supply and demand so that we always offer the best price at the time of booking. SPG rates and bookings from our own website are definitely the best and if something was different that it might have been a mistake but not the rule. It is very important for us that our guests feel they get value for money during their stay in The Westin Langkawi Resort and Spa. I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.