“Nothing to fault! Perfection”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 107 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Stayed recently four days in this resort. The location is postcard perfect. The beautiful curving beach with views out over the neighbouring islands. The water is still like a millpond and the beach is one of the cleanest I have seen anywhere in Asia. The rooms are beautifully appointed. Mine had a lovely view down over the pool and out to sea. Several pools, one with a swim up bar. Good food and beverage at resort prices. Fantastic staff. there were lots of families there and the place is very family friendly. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. Great stay! Faultless. Well done Westin team.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Dear OnandelBangkok,

Thank you very much for your warm words. I am always proud to agree on the beauty of the resort, wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. I appreciate a lot your feedback recognizing our nicely appointed rooms. Thank you also for highlighting our unique pools and Splash pool bar. I am also pleased to know that we managed to meet your dining expectations. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us, and we look forward to your return.

Michael Schlueter

Write a ReviewReviews (3,214)

Reviewed December 10, 2013

amazing place at the ocean, big swimming pool, and fresh air at the lobby, very nice and clean room, amazing breakfast with lot of options, that was very delicious!! really i loved this place soo much, great place at langkawi !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank SerRaA44
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear SerRaA44,

Thank you so much for this fabulous review. We appreciate very much your encouraging remarks about our beautiful location, facilities, and accommodation. It is great to know our SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast exceeded your expectation. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My wife and I decided to go on a short 3 day romantic break and settled on Langkawi. We normally stay at the Four Seasons for this type of holiday but with the Four Seasons being full for the duration of our stay we decided to stay at the Westin which came very highly regarded
On arrival, the room was not ready so we were ushered into another one of the same category (premium double ocean view room). We had to walk through a maze of doors and hallways to make it from the lobby to the room. When we finally made it, it became obvious that the pictures on booking.com (where we made the reservation) did not actually reflect reality; the room was borderline dilapidated
Service was another disaster (not a single person to serve you at the beach!!) but the biggest, by a mile, was the food. I think I lost weight since I was trying hard not to eat there. I never EVER experienced a, supposedly, 5 star resort starting to lift the breakfast buffet while guests are actually still in the restaurant just because the clock had hit 11:30am (the time the breakfast buffet ends). Totally unprofessional and extremely un-courteous. The best thing about the whole experience was that my wife and I took turns turning every single occasion into a comedy of errors and laughing at it. I told the young lady when we were checking out...."If I never set foot in this resort it will be too soon". I meant every word
I will take this up with SPG management in the US; I want my money back. This was false advertising at it's worst. This should be rebranded as a (at best) 3 star resort
I learnt my lesson; from now on I'm only staying at the Four Seasons

Room Tip: Just don't go. Pick another resort
2  Thank Kareem S

Dear Kareem S,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am certainly disappointed that your stay was not all it could have been. I acknowledge your comments regarding room not ready on time and I have addressed this inconsistency with our front office team to improve continuously. I am also concerned to note that the quality of food did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincerely apologies for any inconvenience caused. I totally agree that the dining experiences you described during your breakfast session should not be part of our guest experience. Please rest assured that similar issues are not likely to happen again, as they have been addressed with the team . Once again we thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement on your next renewing stay.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We come to Westin Langkawi for 25 wedding anniversary and stayed for 7 nights.The best holiday ever,we practically didn't move from resort because you have everything there.If you like to be active you have from fitness center,squash and tennis courts to water sports so many choices or if you are like us who dont want to do anything at all, its paradise.Soak all day in infinity pool and enjoy Splash(pool bar) Meera and Azhan magic fresh coconut cocktails and good music.Enjoy in one of 4 restaurants(spotless) fresh seafood,excellent, various menus from buffet to a la cart and have chat with executive chef from New York Arthur and his beautiful staff always ready to help dosnt meter how busy service they had>Thank you guys. After 25 years in hospitality i should tell you that they genuinely customer service impressed me from beginning at reception,then head managements Mr Rajiv ,Mr Nico,floor managers Riosado and Omar and so friendly floor and room staff who actually made our holiday unforgettable.You must tray Heaven Spa to put ice sugar on the top of the cake and you never going to forget your holiday.Thank you to all Westin staff and see you next year

Room Tip: any room overlooking Andaman sea
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear melbourne1996,

Thank you very much for having chosen The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa as your wedding anniversary celebration. It is very kind of you to highlight our friendly and helpful associates. I am very pleased with their efforts in ensuring your stay with us was a wonderful one and I am also confident that they are willing to go the extra mile to exceed guest’s expectations. They truly are the heart and soul of the resort. Your satisfaction towards our services and facilities makes us feel very proud. It was a great pleasure to have you with us; my team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another rejuvenating holiday with us.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had an exceptional time here. The staff were all so friendly and genuinely went out of their way to help whenever they could! We stayed in a beach villa. It was very spacious, had a separate lounge, dining, bed, bathroom and kitchen. All rooms were modern and relaxing. The bed was so comfortable, we might even get one for home if we can find one! Like one reviewer mentioned, the orange chair was so comfy, we'd love one of them too! We loved the pool bar & should have spent more time it. Cocktails at the pool bar and breeze were suburb!

1  Thank birdFM

Dear birdFm,

Thank you very much for your warm words. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your Westin experience. I am happy to hear that our associates were great, making you feel very well taken care of, I always think that our associates are the most valuable asset of our resort. As for the Heavenly Bed, which I have to agree with you, are amazingly comfortable, and I am pleased to let you know it is available on Westin hotel collection online store for your purchase. My team and I are more than delighted to hear about your exceptional experience at one of our spectacular villas. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed December 5, 2013

Stayed for 6 nights in a 1 bedroom villa on the beach was amazing and the customer service of everyone in the hotel cannot be faulted. The food in the various restaurants was excellent the cocktails were perfect. Cannot find fault with it. Would recommend it to anyone awning to chill out and relax.

Room Tip: 1 bed villa well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Morgo87,

I am really delighted to know that you have had a great experience with The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. Thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your experience with others. Your valued comment is the intrinsic motivation that encourages us to perform better. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

We stayed at the Westin for four nights in a one bedroom suite overlooking the Andaman ocean and the resorts beautiful tropical gardens. This room category is spacious and has it's own private balcony with deck chairs. It's one of the best rooms I've stayed at during any of my travels, both for personal and business trips. The bathroom boasts both bath and shower. We stayed when the resort was close to full occupancy however we didn't at any time feel overcrowded. Resort facilities are varied. I accessed the spa facility which is set to the far right of the resort after the individual beach villas. The spa was virtually empty as I booked a late appointment and the spa staff were so nice, non intrusive and always helpful. We used the swim up bar in the main pool a few to many times - charging back to your room is dangerous people.

Make sure you breakfast is included in your room rate, although there is a mall about 10 mins down the road where I'm sure you could find something to eat the buffet breakfast is of a high standard and there are a lot of options, the view from the restaurant is breathtaking. I'd lag eating just so I could overlook the resort pools and Andaman ocean.

Check in and check out were seamless. This starwood property is a true testament to Westin hospitality and in embodies the Westin philosophies so well I can't really fault it. All the staff we encountered were conscientious and I'd return in a heartbeat. Well done Westin Langkawi and special mention to the reservations manager who despite running up to 95% occupancy still managed to wrangle me a later check out! (always pays to ask)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cardyff H

Dear Cardyff H,

Thank you very much for you kind review. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our suite room and thank you for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa. It was also very kind of you to highlight the SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast and I am happy to know that it was up to your standards. I am glad that you are comfortable with our check in and check out process and that you are very well taken care of. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.