We stayed here 5 x nights and we loved the hotel and its facilities. We stayed in a garden view room which looked over the pool and was very convenient, but it was a bit of a walk to the lobby (but that didn't bother us as we preferred to be closer to the pool).
The room was gorgeous, modern and spacious with its own bath and terrace. The beds were comfy, and had every mod con we could of needed. The only thing that was missing, was a directory. We had to ask staff members what facilities were available and about food options and activities.
We had breakfast included in our package, and it was superb. There was so much to choose from, and if something wasn't there one morning, one of the many staff would make it up. It would be definitely hard to find a fault with breakfast, it was amazing!
Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said for dinner. We thought as a treat, we would stay at the hotel for the BBQ dinner. We were really looking forward to as the marketing said there would be 'freshly caught seafood, succulent meats'..... Well, I can tell you there was none of that, no seafood to speak of (there was fried frozen fish, if you count that as seafood) and the meats were just ok, there wasn't a lot to choose from and what was there was gross. The salads were good and there was a very good dessert range but compared to breakfast it was very average. For the price, we were expecting a lot more. It was by far the worst meal we had on the island.
The facilities at the hotel were great. The gym was really good, and had plenty of equipment and there were a lot of things to do. The pool which over looked the ocean, was amazing.... I could of looked out over the ocean all day.
The location of the hotel is a bit hit and miss, whilst the views are amazing its not close to anything so its probably best to hire a car. The main eating areas were about 20mins each way or $7 each way in a taxi.
Over all, this is fantastic hotel and the staff were great. The staff organised our tours, and went our of their way to make sure we were happy from the moment we booked until we checked out. They couldn't have done more to assist us. I would definitely recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Starwood APAC, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin