“Breathtaking Resort”

Ranked #7 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Bannockburn
“Breathtaking Resort”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Westin Langkawi Resort is one of the best resortsIve stayed at. I have stayed at many Starwood property's and I really enjoyed this accommodation experience.

We were lucky to get a room upgrade, which included a pool/beach view. The room itself was beautiful. Unlike previous reviewers, our room was very clean, spacious and modern. The view was sensational. Waking up each morning and taking in the Langkawi air on our balcony was a blessing. Each day our rooms were cleaned perfectly and we were always provided with ample products. We had 3 people staying in a room with 2 double beds, and we did not have a problem with space. The beds were big enough for 2 easily and truly were heavenly.

The service in reception was great, the only problem we had, were our room keys continuously stopped working, but the staff were always willing to reactivate them without a hassle. They were always quick to offer any assitance and were friendly.

The resort grounds were amazingly well kept and you could see the staff tirelessly ensuring they were perfect. The pool was beautiful and the staff at the swim up bar were so friendly, always greeting us every morning by name.

The Spa is a must visit. There is a variety of treatments available and are very reasonably priced. The experience was so realxing that we returned for more. The staff there were also very welcoming and calming.

This was a great trip for relaxing with friends and taking some time out of our busy lives.

If I was ever to return to Langkawi, I would most certainly return to the Westin.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tara G
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Tara G,

Thank you very much for your warm words. I have to agree with you that the scenic views from the rooms are just breathtaking. Waking up to the magnificent sounds of the waves and the breath taking scenic view is to die for. I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay here with us and that you are very well taken care of. Thank you also for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us, and we look forward to your return.

Michael Schlueter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (646)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Apart from having to change rooms, our so called upgrade was a disappointment & we moved back to a standard renovated room on the first day , we had a fantastic 7 day holiday.

Great location, amazing pools (especially the smaller infinity pool by the Spa which was hardly ever used), easy short walk into the port area and very helpful staff. Lovely walks on the Hotel beach which was swept every day end to end.

Long flight home via KL & we just wanted to be back in Langkawi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kieranpw8,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. I’m pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. I appreciate the highlight on our unique pools, I can say that the spa pool which sits next to the spa sanctuary allows you to enjoy some precious moment of serenity. On the other hand, it is also very kind of you to mention our friendly and helpful associates. It was a great pleasure to have you with us, my team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another rejuvenating stay with us.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed thr for 4 days. According to the room charge they are service is very poor specially 24hrs room service . Food is extremely expensive n variation at all.. Funniest part was I asked for cellotape n scissor to pack my box they charged me 100 ringgit deposit which was absurd .but the only best part of the hotel is there breathtaking view.. N private beach excess..ac never works properly it takes hours n hours too cool .. N have to on da fan also

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Nahianm,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. I very much regret that we have failed to meet your dining expectations and acknowledge your comments regarding our pricing. Please rest assured that we do continue to monitor our prices. On the other hand, I will have to agree with you that the location that our resort is located at provides a breathtaking and stunning view. Once again we thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement on your next renewing stay.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Every time when visit to Langkawi Island.. the Westin langkawi will be my first choice and really love the hotel design and also the environment was very nice and good for chill out... Have amazing pool overlooking the sea...

For the room like in the resort.. Actually the room could be better if have bathtub.. The newly renovated room no bathtub was attach... A bit upset and disappointed...decided to find other hotel..

Otherwise every would be awesome.....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear jes2011,

Thank you very much for writing this valuable feedback. I have to agree with you that the location of the resort is located at a very Eco environment. It is just a perfect location for city lives get away. I do also agree with you our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. Furthermore, I would like to inform you the resort is indeed undergoing further refurbishment, soon we will have newly refurbishment rooms with showers and bathtubs as well. It was a great pleasure serving you. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had a long weekend with a group of friends. Pool area and pool bar great as is the view to make you feel like you are on holiday.

My particular room and bathroom somewhat tired and didn't feel as clean as they could have been, security lock on door almost falling off, room service menu missing, no toilets close to the pool, pool bar shuts at 8pm, no airflow in the lobby or main bar.

Jana however looked after our every need and absolutely gifted in customer relations management for when things weren't quite right. Experience felt more value for money and could go back rather than must go back due to the little things

Room Tip: Ask for pool or beach facing rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear MBDBSB,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. I am always proud to agree on the beauty of the resort, spectacular location and stunning scenery. On the other hand, concerning your comments about the issues regarding room cleanliness, I am extremely disappointed that we failed on this occasion to live up to the high standards we have set for ourselves. I totally agree that a room you described should not be part of our guest experience and I have spoken with our team in order to address all the shortcomings. And of course, I am very pleased that things came around and that you are well taken care of by our associate in the resort. I will certainly compliment Jana with your feedback as well as recognize her great work. I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels and product quality. I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

April 2013. First of all I want to make a point that I am not one of these people who moans about every little detail, but I think if you are paying for five star you should get it!

Sadly I don't think this hotel is up to that standard anymore.

When we first arrived we were placed in two of the new rooms, which at first look modern, but after five minutes you realise that the refurbishments have not been completed to a high standard. We also noticed that both rooms had stains on the white furniture, makeup over the bathroom and table tops, (which only took a damp cloth to remove) and quite a lot of other imperfections.

Luckily we were moved to some of the older rooms by the friendly staff at reception. But these sadly are well past their date for refurbishment. The paintwork is all flaking off the ceiling in the bathroom, the room is dusty and the paint on the patio door is flaking and covered in mould.

Also due to the fact that they are giving the rooms a facelift, it meant that while sitting next to the pool you get to listen to the full force of the hammer drills, tile cutters and various other power tools that the builders are using.

Don't get me wrong it's a lovely hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast is lovely, it's just not five star which is a shame. Because it's has cost a lot to stay here! If you want that wow factor with the class to be expected from a 5 star hotel I would stay elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Firewire362
Dear Firewire362,

Thank you very much for writing this review about your experience. I very much regret the shortcoming you experienced with regards to room cleanliness. Please rest assured that we will review and improve it without delay to ensure that similar incident are likely not happen again. Alternatively, we appreciate your positive comments about SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast and our associate. Once again we thank you for your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our improvement on your next renewing stay.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed here from 30 March 2013 - 2 April. Staff were friendly and helpful, from check-in to check-out. They were always to happy to provide any further assistance. The quality of the resort was truly five stars, with the room décor being of high quality and stylish and a decent size. We stayed in a king room without an ocean view, however it was still wonderful with good furnishings and a lovely balcony. a lovely balcony. The public areas of the resort were spacious and tasteful, with the restaurant, bar and four pools all a lovely place to use. A wonderful resort in a lovely part of the world. only a five minute walk into town which is also worth checking out. I would stay here again and highly recommend it to others

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank t2cs
Dear t2cs,

Thank you very much for your precious feedback. I am really delighted to know that you have had a great experience here with us. It is very kind of you to highlight our friendly associates. I am very pleased with their efforts in ensuring your stay with us is a wonderful one and I am also confident that they are willing to go the extra mile to exceed guest’s expectations. They truly are the heart and soul of Westin Langkawi. Your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities makes us feel very proud. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest and thank you very much for recommending Westin as a brand to everyone. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.