I stayed here for a week (a business trip) during the Langkawi Airshow. This hotel is a fully self-contained resort, with multiple swimming pools, lots of restaurants, and lots of available sports and recreation activities.
The food is awesome, whether it is the (free) buffet breakfast - available until noon hour every day - or room service, or one of the many different restaurants on the property.
Staff are really, really friendly and courteous, very guest-focused.
I had a little problem with housekeeping the day I checked in (room 1315), but the hotel staff fixed that problem quickly and enthusiastically. I was impressed with the effort that everyone made to correct the oversights and make sure I was happy with my room. Often, the true measure of hospitality is how well a team recovers from a problem, and certainly the Westin team gets full marks for customer care and problem-solving.
The hotel has both 'renovated' and 'legacy' rooms. Apparently the plan is to have all the rooms renovated by mid-2013. I stayed in a legacy room - the decor in the legacy rooms is quite pleasant. The renovated rooms are more in tune with today's fashions in colour, fabrics, etc., but the 'bones' of all the rooms are fully up to date. Personally, I would be quite happy to stay in one of the legacy rooms in the future - certainly everything that really matters (bed quality, bathroom fittings, internet, fridge, etc.) is identical in both old and new rooms.
The hotel is laid out in a large 'U' shape, with many of the restaurants, pools, and other facilities in the middle of the U. If it is important that you have a quiet room, ask for a room on the outside (rather than the inside) of the U. The rooms on the inside of the U have spectacular views, but light sleepers might be bothered by the sounds coming from all the activities on the inside of the 'U'.
All rooms have ethernet internet connections. The internet service is fast and consistent. WiFi is also provided throughout the property, but some rooms are located in 'black holes' of WiFi coverage. If this is important to you, check the strength of the WiFi signal in your room as soon as you arrive, and ask for a different room if you encounter any difficulties. The front desk staff will happily oblige.
All in all, a delightful week at a very nice resort, I would gladly return and certainly recommend this resort to others for either business or vacation purposes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin