We spent 4 days at the Westin for a beach minibreak. The hotel itself was very nice with a beautiful view of the sea. Our room was very spacious and modern, the bathroom, however, needed a facelift as it was a little run down and old. We later found out that some of the rooms have been redone, while others have not. We must have gotten one of the older rooms. If possible, be sure to request one of the renovated rooms, as I am sure they are up to usual Westin standards. The pool was lovely and the view from the pool was wonderful. I would suggest getting to the pool early to get chairs - all the chairs were usually occupied by 9:30 am. The best part about the pool was the staff. The staff at Splash were truly great and they made sitting by the pool all day a really great experience. The food selection at Splash, however, was very limited and not all that exciting. If you do wish to have lunch, I would recommend going elsewhere on the property, or, even better, heading into town.
The breakfast at the Westin is top notch. They offer everything you could ever want for breakfast, including free flow champagne! If you can get a package which includes breakfast, it is well worth it! I would highly recommend it!
We had dinner two nights at The Tide Restaurant. The food was good both nights, however, be careful when ordering the "pick your own fish" plate. While it is delicious, you will end up spending a fortune! The fish is priced per 100 grams and you don't get to dictate how big/small of a piece you want. As a result, I ended up with a HUGE plate of fish (they cooked an entire snapper) and paid about $80 for it. Tasty, but certainly not worth the price! If you do with to order it, my suggestion would be to share it with another person.
The hotel does offer the rental of a convertible mini cooper for an entire day so you can drive around the island and explore on your own. The island is quite small and this is a perfect way to see as much of it as possible in one day. I would highly recommend renting the car and exploring!
Finally, the spa is located down the beach from the hotel. The hotel offers a golf cart ride to the spa, however, you may end up waiting a while for the cart. It is better (and quicker) to just walk down the beach for 5 minutes until you reach the spa.
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at this property; however, I do not think it is a true Starwood Category 5 hotel. If we could get a good deal at the hotel, we would likely come back for another minibreak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin