The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Bon Ton Resort(Pantai Cenang)
$239
$154
$652
$148
  • Breakfast included
The Danna Langkawi(Pantai Kok)
$293
$214
$165
Travelocity
  • Pool
Ambong Ambong Langkawi(Pantai Tengah)
$212
Tropical Resort(Pantai Tengah)(Great Value!)
$99
$83
3,327 results
All reviewstide restaurantbreeze baryacht clubheavenly bedseasonal tastesinfinity poolbedroom villaocean viewkids clubspg memberjetty pointkuah townprivate beachandaman seabuffet breakfastmain poolan upgrade
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Just back from a lovely week at The Westin Langkawi. Staff speak excellent English and are very kind and helpful. We booked a boat trip through their tour centre, which was great and not the usual over expensive hotel rate. Lots of pools and restaurants mean you don't have to leave the hotel. Food is very good and reasonably priced. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Gardens and beach are beautiful. Spa is great. Lots of nice little touches too like free drinking water around the resort and buggies to get you around.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear VR747,

Thank you very much for giving us such generous feedback. I’m proud and pleased with my team’s efforts in ensuring your stay with us is a wonderful and memorable one. I appreciate the highlight on our service and facilities such as the pools, rooms, restaurants and the award winning Heavenly Spa. I do agree that the resort offers some magnificent garden and sea views! Not to forget, it is also very kind of you to highlight our kind and helpful associates. I do trust that they have placed much effort and are willing to go the extra mile just to make your stay with us a memorable one! Once again, thank you very much for you kind words. It was a great pleasure for us to be able to serve you and we hope to welcome you again for another renewing stay in the near future!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We had high expectations after seeing all the other reviews and photos of the resort, it looked stunning and we were so excited to stay there. We had 3 nights booked in a one bed villa before moving to the other side of the island to stay in the Four Seasons.
My advice - if you're expecting 5 star service and quality - go to the Four Seasons!
The room was lovely, spacious, very clean, good attention to detail, big bathroom and lovely private pool. definitely worth the extra money to upgrade to the villa as the privacy and extra space is fantastic.
The pool areas were nice, clean and very open, although we found it too crowded and noisy for us so we preferred to stay in our villa area. There were a lot of children and there was no dedicated 'quiet pool' so it was hard to escape the noise! the beach was disappointing, not exactly the sure white sand we hoped for, and all completely shaded because of the heavy trees.
When the weather was bad (we had two days of rain booo!) the hotel staff were helpful and we hired one of their cute little mini coopers and zipped around the island exploring - so much to see we had a fully packed day even in the rain!!
The food and beverage outlets were disappointing to say the least... breakfast in the buffet restaurant was crowded, slow service, not much 'western' choices and we weren't really satisfied. we decided to get in-room breakfast after that but it wasn't much better, just nice to eat outside on our terrace in peace! We had a disastrous dinner in Breeze lounge - food looked fantastic so we ordered two steaks with various sides, my steak came out undercooked whereas my partners was fine, and all the sides came out cold. It took half an hour and 4 members of staff to deal with it and we still didn't end up with the meal we wanted. the worst thing - not one single member of staff, from the waitress to the chef, apologised. they seemed annoyed that we were inconveniencing them!! shocking! and no discount was given despite complaining and not actually receiving the food we ordered... And in Tide bar, it was our poor waiter's first day, and he made a right mess of serving us, yet there was no senior member of staff helping him or assisting in the smooth flow of service, it was just a shambles. Finally the other bar (shades i think it's called?) advertised a BBQ almost every day and yet every day when we turned up there was no sign of any BBQ and no-one had any idea about it, despite adverts at breakfast and in the lobby!!
Overall, it's a 'hotel' not a resort, don't expect too much and you'll be fine. Langkawi is a great place, so make the most of the excursions, book kayaking, jet skis, hire a scooter and zip around, you won't be bored!

Room Tip: Pick the one bed villas, worth the extra for the luxury and space!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Emzypie86,

First of all I would like to thank you for writing this detailed and valuable feedback. It is very kind of you to highlight our one bedroom villa and I’m delighted to learn that you had an enjoyable time out with the mini coopers. However, it goes without saying that it is embarrassing to read your comments regarding your dining experiences here. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences and I totally agree that the dining experiences you described should not be part of our guest experience. I have immediately addressed the shortfalls you mentioned for every outlet such as the slow service and lack of western food choices at Seasonal Taste buffet breakfast, undercooked steaks and poor service at Breeze Lounge, lack of experienced staff at Tide Restaurant, and the unavailability of BBQ service at Splash Poolside Bar to my Food and Beverage Team. Please rest assured that we will review and improve it immediately and that similar incidents would not occur again. I realize that your faith in our service capability might indeed be shattered, but I would be thankful if you would give us another opportunity to be of service to you. Once again, our sincere apologies for the disappointment you’ve experienced. I will ensure that we continue to improve on our service levels and product quality.

Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I had a lovely relaxing weekend at the Westin in Langkawi. Overall, the location, view, and friendliness of the staff were outstanding, and I would absolutrly stay here again. Disappointments included 1) no hot water in my shower (but with such a warm climate, we did not complain), and 2) a seeming novice gave me a fairly poor massage at the spa... I had fantastic spa treatments here, as well, so here's hoping the new massage therapist catches up to the caliber of the place soon!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Mjv5,

First of all, I would like to thank you for writing us your feedback. I’m pleased to hear that you had a relaxing stay with us at the Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. It is very kind of you to highlight the resort’s convenient location and our friendly associates. We are definitely motivated to perform even better in the future! Not to forget, I have also taken note on some of the downsides you experienced during your stay and please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have addressed the hot water issue with my team and please rest assured that we will review and improve it immediately. As for the experience at the Spa, I have spoken to my Spa Manager and necessary training will be provided. Once again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences. It was a great pleasure to have you here and we look forward to welcome you again for another renewing stay with us on your future travels to Langkawi!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Langkawi is a nice small island and the people there are nice and friendly. But without staying at Westin, I doubt that you can enjoy the island. The island will "sleep" at 9PM and you cannot find any restaurant or entertainment facility open thus you do need to stay in a good resort to compensate for this.

4 days of honeymoon in an ocean view villa with private swimming pool was an amazing experience.( My recommendation is not to stay more than 3 nights)

The staff is extra friendly, always trying to satisfy your needs even if it is beyond their job position.

Food is good, could be better, but of course it is better than any other restaurants in the island.

You need to remember that this is a Villa on the ocean, so total silence is subject to wind and weather conditions. But overall, perfect resort.

For muslim couples, you can ask for special arrangements to make sure your swimming pool is 100% private ( although it is fairly private if you are just swimming in it and not trying to walk at the side of it)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear Farouck-leb,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write these valuable feedback. I’m truly proud and pleased that my team has managed to meet your expectations and that you left satisfied. This is what makes our day. I know that our associates definitely did their very best and go the extra mile just to ensure our guests have an unforgettable experience. I thank you for mentioning and highlighting them. They are truly the heart and soul of the resort. I also appreciate your highlight on our ocean view villa and I do agree that the villa is indeed amazing. Not to forget, I’ve also taken note on your comment regarding the food served at our resort. Please rest assured that we will continue to improve the product quality and hopefully manage to exceed your dining expectations on your future stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us and I hope that we can welcome you again for another renewing stay in the near future.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This is a great hotel. A nice and big pool in which you can order some of the most amazing cocktails, a second "natural" pool, and an amazing beach. Unfortunately the sea is (in August) not clear enough to go snorkeling, but renting a kayak or catamaran makes up for that.

The rooms are very nice with a see-through bathroom (can of course be closed) and the possibility of monkeys on our balcony.

Staff is friendly and helpful.

Make sure to rent a moped or scooter to explore the island.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sluuz,

Thank you very much for your time and effort spent to write these priceless feedbacks. I’m truly proud and pleased that my team has managed to meet your expectations and that you left satisfied. I appreciate the highlight on the Infinity Pool, Rock Pool, Splash Poolside Bar, and also the rooms. I have to agree that the cocktails served at the Splash Poolside Bar are indeed amazing! Not to forget, it is also very kind of you to mention our friendly and helpful associates. They truly are the heart and soul of the resort! Once again, we truly appreciate your highlighting on our services, and facilities. I’m very pleased with my team’s effort as well as your memorable stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us and I hope that we can welcome you again.