Have just returned from a great stay at the Westin Langkawi. This was our honeymoon and after spending 3 nights in KL we then travelled to Lagkawi for 9 nights. The resort was beautiful, The hotel staff friendly and polite. Definatley a great 5* experience from the very moment of our arrival.
We were greated with cold drinks and cold flannel. Check in was easy and we were offered several options to add on such as buffett breakfast and option to upgrade to a villa which we declined due to our budget. We were also advised of the complimentary cocktails between 530-630pm every evening which we enjoyed (cocktails were around 29 ringitt = £6).
Our first night we were enjoying the complimentary cocktail when the assistant manager came to chat with us. Very lovely lady and gave us lots of info of things to do in Langkawi. She was really nice, like speaking to an old friend.
Our room was a partial sea view room and was lovely. Loved the heavenly bed sheets and pillows. Air con was excellent. Loved the view from the balcony. Loved the bath/heavenly shower. Great that you would get complimentary water daily and tea/coffee/toiletries re-stocked daily.
We were also very appreciative of the complimentary fruit, treats and wine on arrival to the room.
The only gripe i had was that we had ants on the writing desk in the room (room 4318) which covered the fruit platter we had. We advised reception but the fruit was not replaced. We also asked at reception for a newspaper daily. This did not happen.
Other than this the staff were very polite, helpful and friendly.
The resort was breathtaking just for the views. We had no problems with sun loungers and noticed that there were signs around the sun loungers asking guests not to reserve the beds which is a great idea.
We did enjoy 2 themed nights buffetts. One was the malaysian night and the other was tropical delights of the world. Malaysian Night was definatley the better of the two (beef satay and beef redang excellent). I also enjoyed the buffett breakfast one morning (excellent!!!). Due to cost and the fact we liked to explore, we tended to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner out.
For those on a budget be warned - the hotel is pricey for food and drinks (£3 for a can of coke). But with the trip advisor app and a car we were able to travel to lots of places for eating & drinking.
This was definatley what we were seeking - peace tranquility and in such luxurious surrounding. Would we return? Definately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Otel and Starwood APAC so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin