Lowest prices for your stay
$179
Priceline$163
Hotels.com$163
Tripadvisor$163
3,996 results
All reviews tide restaurant breeze bar seasonal tastes yacht club heavenly bed infinity pool bedroom villa ocean view kids club jetty point private beach main pool buffet breakfast an upgrade andaman sea ferry terminal eagle square
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night, but because of a late departure to KL could use the facilities of the hotel for the whole day. Perfect rimflow swimmingpool. Large enough for some exercise, but also easy acces to the poolbar! We choose the renovated rooms, altough we were upgraded to a larger room (with balcony, sea view and bath &shower). But i liked the renovated rooms more. In the end you spend most of the time outside the room. Service at reception was perfect, that also counts for the different restaurants. Stayed here with much pleasure!

Date of stay: January 2013
1  Thank IdB11_NL
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Dear irene2013,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our resort’s swimming pool, newly renovated rooms, and perfect service. I’m pleased to hear your standards are being met with regards to our facilities as well as services. I would say that our associate tries their utmost in creating a memorable stay for our guests. My team and I are really grateful for your comments and we wish to welcome you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

We wanted a really special destination to get the whole family, who live at opposite ends of the world, together for Christmas and the New Year, and also to celebrate my mother's 80th Birthday and my sister's 50th. We chose the Westin in Langkawi and it more than delivered on every front.

Firstly, the Westin is in the most stunning location, sitting in a private bay that looks out towards a group of uninhabited islands rising from the ocean, and surrounded by nature, wildlife and space. Secondly, despite the hotel and villas being booked almost to capacity, it was wonderfully quiet and peaceful, and we often had the beach entirely to ourselves. Thirdly, the service and attention to detail, and the real warmth extended by all the staff was truly exceptional.

We stayed the first week in the resort's 5 Bedroom Villa which has been beautifully designed and offers every luxury, superb views, real privacy and unbelievable spaciousness. For the second week, we moved to some of the 1 Bedroom Villas on the beach, which also offer a quality and spaciousness rarely available.

The management team and our butler, Joseph, greeted us on arrival and from that moment, everything, literally everything, was taken care of. In addition, there were many occasions when we were truly overwhelmed by their thoughtfulness, and what they did for us to make our stay truly memorable.

The Westin has got it absolutely right when it comes to the cuisine. Chef Chandran makes it his personal mission to calmly oversee the entire culinary experience and to get to know his guests. We ate at both the buffet restaurant and the signature restaurant, and also had-in-villa dining ... it was all excellent.

Highlights are the incredible welcome we received, our Christmas Eve Night at the 5 Bedroom Villa, the New Year Celebrations, and our trip out on the resort's cruiser, "Freedom".

The Westin has something for everyone ... superb accommodation, a top of the range spa, tennis, squash, swimming pools, boat trips, excursions, nature, peace, tranquility. And when you add to this, the wonderful staff who do everything you could ever want to make your time perfect - and then go and do even more - you are assured of the trip of a lifetime.

7  Thank Sophie P
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Sophie P,

Thank you very much for your time and effort spent to write these priceless feedbacks. I’m truly proud and pleased that my team has managed to meet your and your families expectations and that all of you left satisfied. This is what makes our day. I know that our staff definitely do their very best and go the extra mile just to ensure our guests have an unforgettable experience. Thanks for mentioning them and to highlight a few of them in person. They are truly the heart and soul of the resort. I’m delighted to know that the entire family has enjoyed their stay with us in our spectacular villas. Our villas are fantastic as it combines modern amenities with unparalleled peace, which are equally suited to tranquil family vacations. Not to forget, I will have to agree with you that with breathtaking views accompanied with luxurious accommodation make a perfect day, and a perfect stay, you are so right. Thanks as well for mentioning. Once again, we truly appreciate your highlighting on our services, cuisines, facilities, our Freedom boat as well as the New Year’s Eve Celebration with our traditional great fireworks. I’m very pleased with my team’s effort as well as your memorable stay with us. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us and I hope that we can welcome you again. It was a pleasure serving you.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everything is fairly easy going at the Westin in Langkawi. The welcome could be a bit friendlier and right off a 12 hour flight from a cold UK, followed by another hour long flight, arriving in a red hot Malaysia a complimentary cold drink might have been nice, but over-all this is a good place to stay.

Make sure you get breakfast included in your price as it is GOOD! the pools are fantastic, There is even a very quiet pool by the spa which no one seemed to use and a fantastic rock swimming pool with fountains which the kids spent three days in.

Beds are comfy, sheets are soft, we had a great shower and separate bath. The rooms are quite quiet - unless you are on the main corridor from the reception which would be anything but quiet (so...avoid).

They don't tell you - but there is a free cocktail or mocktail at the main bar (Breeze Bar) each evening, so tootle on down. And when we were there we had a free room upgrade (it may be a deal as we booked through Trailfinders).

The hotel was (quite) happy to accomodate us arriving 5 hours before we could check in, but the welcome was a little lukewarm if we are honest.

Just down the road (10 mins max on foot, past the Royal Yacht Club) is a bustling spot by the giant Sea Eagle. If you want some authentic Malaysian food at authentic prices, you can find it there. The locals were friendly, the food was spicy and delicious and it cost about the same as a can of coke at the hotel to feed a family of 4 (seriously).

Would we go again? We'd go again tomorrow; definitely.

Room tip: We had a garden deluxe room in which were two double beds. As a family of 4 we had to share and it was a bit much. When booking as a family (of 4) ask for a room which could accommodate a spare bed and get one put in. Avoid the corridors by the main reception.
3  Thank Willberto

Dear Willberto,

Thank you for spending some time to write these valuable feedbacks. I’m very pleased to hear your standards being met with regards to our cuisines, Heavenly Bed, as well as facilities. On another note, I’m truly disappointed with regards to our teams’ friendliness. Rest assures that your comments are being addressed within the team and precautions are taken. We convey our sincere apologies for your bad experience. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. My team and I would hope to have another opportunity to welcome you here in order to restore your faith in delivering a great overall service to you.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I celebrated the wedding at the Westin in Langkawi. It was fantastic. The staff was very helpful to accommodate all our needs and the ceremony and dinner were beautifully organized. We constantly had 5 staff around us available for any issue or request and they contributed to make our day amazing. The room they gave us was amazing and It's a great hotel that I recommend to anyone. Definitely worth the price!

1  Thank alessandra m

Dear alessandra m,

Thank you so much for choosing The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa for your wedding celebration. My team and I congratulate you and your husband once again. We are very thankful for your feedbacks and I’m so pleased to know that your expectations and needs were met. I would say that our associate tries their utmost in creating a memorable and amazing wedding. And a special thank you for your recommendations towards The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa. My team and I are really grateful for your comments and we wish to welcome both of you again for one of your anniversaries or any other occasion

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband & I actually looked up a few hotels & based on previous reviews, made our choice to stay at the Westin Langkawi. We were not disappointed; the service was excellent; our check-in process warm & welcoming & staff were willing to share must-do, must-go, must-eat places. We were blown by the facilities & amenities here - you can go for walks, jog, swim in the pool or sea, enjoy sunrise & sunset & magnificent views; in fact we were taken for a short tour to see the villa accommodation (which were fully occupied) which were just a stroll away from the white sandy beach - looks fantabulous. If you're thinking of just getting away from everything & staying mostly at the hotel, stay at the villa. We were also upgraded to the newly renovated room facing the beach & pool on the last 2 days - thank you Shafiq & Ris, from reception - for making this stay a very memorable one.

Date of stay: January 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Norhayati K
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Norhayati K,

Thank you for having chosen Westin Langkawi during your trip to Langkawi Island. We really appreciate your positive comments about great service, warm check in process and helpful associates. We sincerely appreciate your satisfaction towards our accommodation, services and facilities. Also, I will have to agree with what you said regarding our villas. Aren’t they just breathtaking? In addition, I’m delighted to know that you enjoyed our newly renovated premium ocean view room. I would say that the views from these rooms make for an extra special stay. It was a great pleasure to have you as our guest. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

be well,