“Great stay”

The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 104 Hotels in Langkawi
Reviewed November 12, 2012

stayed here for 4 nights. The room was nice and the resort is amazing. Most of the days we had a private beach, as all people stayed either inside during the day or at one of the 3 pools. The staff was very helpful and fully inline with what you expect from Westin. However - breakfast never changed and even than the best breakfast buffet gets a but boring after a while. Once we had dinner buffet at the hotel and that was not good at all. Another negative note is the fact that the sea is extremely shallow and very muddy here.... therefore after more than walking 100 meters in the sea you still have the water only till your knees. The last bad thing and this is also the only reason why I give not all points in this review is the fact that they are renovating a wing of the hotel. We had to pass that wing to get to the lobby restaurant and experienced mess and chemical fumes when we would pass. They could have informed us about this before. We solved it by walking a small detour via the garden. All together I would advice people to really go here and enjoy!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SchlueterM, General Manager at The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Dear Dutchguy_in_India,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and for highlighting the quality service offered by our associates. I am truly sorry that we have let you down with regards to the beach. Unfortunately the water is changing constantly and depending and low and high tide the experience is always different. On another note, I sincerely apologies for any inconvenience, and I appreciate you bringing up the shortcomings you’ve encountered to our attention as this will only assist in improving towards service excellence. The finished look of refurbishment will reflect a modern, contemporary resort product, showcasing the brand’s philosophy of Westin, For a Better You – and positioned as the benchmark for superior product quality on the island, ensuring that our guests indulge in a relaxing and rejuvenating Westin Journey. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed for a week. Initially, we arrived before the check-in time and had to wait for our room to be ready. After a 9 hour flight from Melbourne, then a further flight from Kuala Lumpur, this was annoying at the time, but we were given our room just as soon as it was ready. The room was very spacious, with a huge comfortable bed, air-con that worked properly, and every item we could wish for. If we ran out of things, a simple phone call down to housekeeping, and it was there in minutes (this happened with teabags). Water was daily replenished (free of charge) and plenty of it.
The hotel had an abundance of pools. Our favourite was the rock pool which was cooler than the main pool, and indeed, cooler than the sea. There was an abundance of sun beds, with towels replaced as necessary. It was always possible to site them under shade.
The staff were helpful, friendly and efficient. The spa treatments were some of the best I've ever had, especially the rollersage. You have to try this one if you go there.
Breakfast was a buffet style, with every taste catered for. Several trips to various counters set us up for the day.
The Westin has a number of outlets for food including a themed buffet restaurant, poolside bbqs, and room service. We tried them all!
We would definitely visit the Westin again.

Room Tip: Join the Starwood Preferred Guest scheme before you go or whilst there. You get 15% off any food ord...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley H

Dear Lesley H,
Thank you very much for your review and for sharing your experience with others. We really appreciate your positive comments about our comfortable rooms and hotel facilities. Thank you for mentioning the complimentary water, we think that hydration is so important in a hot climate. Thank you also for highlighting our SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast which is well-known by its widespread variety of nourishing food with a free-flow of sparkling wine providing guests a luxurious yet renewing breakfast experience. Besides, thank you for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa and I am sure that our experienced Spa therapists have made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. I’m so pleased to know that you’ve enjoyed your stay and I’m delighted to know that you took advantage of Starwood Preferred Guest dining benefits program. I agree that it offers great value for money. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Westin Langkawi on your future visits to Langkawi Island.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Everyone should visit this place at least once in their life. The views are just amazing with lovely mountain view and the sea. The rooms are nicely decorated and the soaps used in the washrooms are also good. Food is acceptable but not up to my expectations.

Room Tip: Lovely scenary from rooms
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family

Dear RaMohd,
Thank you for posting these comments on Trip Advisor and for your warm words. I’ve to agree with you that our resort offer wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. It’s great to know you’ve enjoyed our comfortable room and you like White Tea, our signature soap product by Westin. Thank you for sharing your valued opinions with others. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I hope that we may welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Apart from having a great view, stunning pools, great food this hotel has the friendliest and the most welcoming staff which is a big big positive. The "Heavenly Spa" is truly heavenly! We had the most relaxing holiday thanks to westin. I'm already planning my next trip to this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EnDeeBee

Dear EnDeeBee,
Thank you for having chosen Westin Langkawi for your holidays and I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your Westin experience. I’m so glad to know you have enjoyed the atmosphere here. I’ve to agree with you that our resort offer wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky. I do agree with you that our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. It’s very kind of you to highlight our cuisine and I’m so pleased to know that your dining expectations and needs were met. It’s so kind of you to highlight our associates; they are definitely the most valuable asset of The Westin Langkawi. Thank you so much for your compliments about the award winning Heavenly Spa and I’m sure our experienced Spa therapists made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Westin langkawi is gr8 the best by far! The honeymoon suit is beyond compare, loved each min there. The staff are soo friendly and actually take the time to remember your name!! Would love to go back soon!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sadiyyahm

Dear sadiyyahm,
I’m really delighted to know that you have had a great experience with The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa! Thank you very much for your excellent review and for sharing your experience with others. Your highlight on area of satisfaction towards our accommodation and services truly appreciated. My team and I are looking forward to welcome you for another renewing stay with us.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Stay here for a night for a work event. Not too far from the main shops in Langkawi yet secluded enough. The rooms are tastefully finished but at RM700 per night, there are similar rooms in Thailand that are half the price.A wing was being renovated during my stay. I had to go walk through a dusty hallway to get to my room from the lobby.

Breakfast spread was sub par for a hotel of that stature. Neither the western chef nor the local chef could make the perfect creamy scramble eggs at the egg station.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank cryzpene

Dear cryzpene,
Thank you for taking the time to write and post this review. All guest comments are gratefully received and reviewed. We take your comments seriously and will review them with our team to make necessary improvements. It was a great pleasure to have you with us and I do hope that we may welcome you again at the Westin Langkawi.

Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin for 8 nights for our honeymoon. The hotel is in an amazing location, amazing views and very private, has its own beach.

The good -
Amazing new room, very clean, 2 shower heads!
Views of the water - incredible
Buffet breakfast amazing
cocktails included at breeze bar every night
The staff, very friendly
Afizah in the breeze lounge, we loved her she made us feel so welcome!!!
Band playing in the breeze bar every night, fantastic!!!
The heavenly spa
Tide resteraunt - 3 course Malay dinner
Tour desk - friendly and helpful staff
Staff at luggage counter - friendly and helpful with transport needs
Very quiet and secluded resort
4 pools, loved them all!!
Entry to the Westin lounge at the airport

Things to improve on-
No welcome drink
No minibar but then items just turned up a little bit every day????
The frosted screen in the shower - light comes through, no good if you use the bathroom late at night, lights up the whole room!
No bath in delux room bathroom
Adjoining doors to next room, very noisy.
Free Internet was hit and miss, good Internet was chargeable - 5 star hotel should be free.

Hints-
Join SPG club before you go, discounts and benefits
Ask for a newly renovated room without an adjoining door!

Overall an amazing hotel, would Definately stay here again and recommend to friends!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank beachgirlfromaus

Dear beachgirlfromaus,
Thank you for having chosen Westin Langkawi for your honeymoon. It’s wonderful to know that you enjoyed our peaceful location. Our resort is beautifully located with the stunning scenery yet we’re just few minutes away from the main town. I’m delighted to know that you’re comfortable in our newly renovated room. The finished look of refurbishment reflect a modern, contemporary resort product, showcasing the brand’s philosophy of Westin, For a Better You – and positioned as the benchmark for superior product quality on the island, ensuring that our guests indulge in a relaxing and rejuvenating Westin Journey. Appreciate your kind words on SuperFoodsRx buffet breakfast; it’s important to me that guests enjoy great breakfast experiences during their stay. It’s very kind of you to highlight our attentive and helpful staff and I’m very pleased to know that you felt well taken care of. Furthermore thank you for mentioning our Breeze Lounge which offers a casual relaxing atmosphere with live entertainment and fabulous drinks. Thank you also for your positive endorsement for the award winning Heavenly Spa and I’m sure that our experienced Spa therapists have made you feel relaxed and rejuvenated. I do agree with you that our pools are awesome and our infinity pool is definitely one of the main highlights of our resort. Besides, I’m pleased to know that you enjoyed our lounge at the departure hall. Westin airport lounge is a comfortable place that our guest must not miss before departing from the island. On another note, I’ve looked into the less positive issues you’ve mentioned and sincerely apologize for the shortfall. I appreciate you bringing up the shortcomings you have encountered to our attention as this will only assist in improving towards service excellence. It was a great pleasure to have you with us. Thanks for recommending Westin as a brand to everyone! We look forward to welcoming you back to our resort on your future visits to Langkawi.