Yeh, well lets just say I don't think we'll be rushing back here. There are lots of good about this place including some friendly staff, a great location, a lovely hotel with lots of potential. BUT, there were just too many bad/average experiences for us to say that we'd be back. We are by no means fussy travelers and I can see why some people gave this hotel the thumbs up.
For us, though, there were too many negatives to receive a great review. For starters, we arranged a king bed and were give two doubles, the room was worn and dated (yes they are doing an upgrade but we had an older room) and not worth the money paid. When we were directed to our room we had to walk through an area that was being upgraded where there were workmen and the fresh smell of paint. Not the experience you'd expect from 5 star. We had an afternoon nap with our little girl and were woken at 3 pm by the sounds of maids talking loudly and thumping around outside in the corridor - gave the feeling of a cheap 3 star hotel.
The grounds were old and worn, the kids club basic and dated (although the attendant very friendly), oh and one thing that really pisses me off is the fact that the room attendant took all of our mini bar away at room turn down? This is the second time this has happened in Malaysia, For what reason I do not know? They had our credit card details? I was looking for a late night drinky and snack only to find it had all been taken away? Made us feel we were second rate for sure. Seriously you guys need to explain your policy better at check-in cause it is assumed that a 5 star hotel provides a full mini bar service! What were you thinking?
When we complained at checkout a very friendly western manager was apologetic and offered us complimentary refreshments at their waiting lounge at the airport. We were satisfied with this until we arrived at the airport lounge to find no attendant. When he did arrive he was not terribly friendly at all and demanded to see our room details.
Come on Westin - get it together - for nearly 300 bucks a night you have to do better then this. Seriously you have so much potential with this hotel but you need some serious staff training to pick up your service standards to a 5 star level.
P.S ok some positives:
Had lunch and drinks at the Breeze lounge on arrival while waiting for our room to be ready. The staff were friendly and the food and drinks very good! The friendly waiter offered our child some colouring in pencils and paper to keep her occupied. Was reasonably priced for 5 star and the view spectacular.
The buffet breakfast was very good although the staff could have been a little friendlier.
Although the room was dated and worn the cleanliness was good, the toiletries excellent and room was spacious. There was a nice view from our balcony.
You decide for yourself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin