We stayed for 4 nights in a normal room - we had a great view of the ocean, and spent sometime on our little balcony (as did a monkey that visited from time to time!!) We had a free treatment at the spa in our package, and then booked enough treatments to earn another free treatment on our last morning (look at the tv screen in the foyer - there are special offers promoted there, and I only noticed it while waiting for a cab.
The food is excellent at Tide and Breeze (and breakfast). I loved sitting in Breeze, overlooking the islands, and washing down lunch with the Asian Mojito (ginger added - delicious).
There are 2 pools in the main resort, and a pool at the spa that was only used by us! There are plenty of chairs on the beach, and a water sports shack (unused by us!)
The hotel is not on the main beach - but an easy taxi ride (about $10Aus). The main beach is very, very busy - as are the main shopping/restaurant strip. We visited all the shopping centers and night markets after dinners out (so it's easy to get around) and headed off to Tanjong Rhu for sunset drinks and dinner. I have to say, while not with the main strip of hotels, I think we picked the perfect hotel - not crowded but easily accessible to all points of interest. The food is excellent, and was a higher standard than the other hotels that we ate at.
If you have kids in tow, they have a lot of kids activities, and kids club. There are also villas, that looked fantastic.
The spa treatments are fantastic, and the massages are great. They are also inexpensive (compared to those in the hotel in KL). Really relaxing and lovely.
Great holiday for those wanting to unwind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Starwood APAC, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin