My wife and I stayed here the second week of our Honeymoon, we usually stay in 3 or 4 star hotels so are by no means toffs or over expecting like some reviewers on here.
We stayed in May 2012, we had a delux full ocean view room booked. The hotel is set in lovely grounds, the Lobby and reception look great.
We were shown to our room... There were smudges on the covers, the furniture was chipped and worn, the floor was dirty and the shower curtain was stained... Again im not one who complains but as a honeymoon couple this was not on. We complained and paid to stay in a suite.
The suite was nice, it was what we were expecting to stay in standard wise. It was a large room with two bathrooms, kitchen and living area which we didnt use but the bedroom and main bathroom was good, its just ashame the normal rooms arent up to this standard.
Breakfast was busy, there is a good selection of things to have but everything runs out really quick and you almost feel stressed. Lots and lots of kids, i dont mind kids but when their parents let them run around and shout it does tend to wind you up after a while.
The pools and staff are their saving grace, the infinity pool looks over the sea with an incredible view. There is a kids pool a little walk away from the infinity pool which does take the edge of. There was a bit of a race in the morning to get a sun bed around this pool as all of the adult guests were keen to sun bathe and chill out in peace.
As i said there were a lot of kids and if you are honeymooners then im really sorry to say this but it wont feel like a honeymoon. Maybe it was the time of year we went but there were a lot of kids and i know they are on holiday too but it takes away that honeymoon feeling.
The staff were fantastic, happy to help and always smiling. The pool bar was a nice touch however be warned it is very expensive!! £4 for a small bottle of evian!! Again im not a pikey but even i was a little shocked at the prices.
The hotel is situated near the Jetty so there is around a ship an hour going past which wasnt a massive problem but is still noisy.
The beach was not worth going down to see. We had a nice massage at the SPA which looked amazing. The Float they have looked like a lovely place to have dinner situated at the end of a pier in the sea.
We hired a car which was the best thing you can do. It costed around 10-15 pounds a day for a little run around. The west coast is around 25 mins away and is easy to drive to. The beaches are what you expect it to be at the hotel. They have lots of cool water sports and the sea is warm!
We didnt bother with any excursions but i heard the eagle feeding is good and the cable car.
We went up to the Four Seasons hotel for dinner one night which is around 20 minutes north of the Westin. This was fantastic. This is a honeymoon hotel. We were blown away at how amazing the hotel was, the grounds, the beach and the restaurant... This is where we should have come..
However the Four Seasons looked expensive and probably was expensive. I dont want to ruin anybodies honeymoon who has already booked it but just dont expect too much from The Westin. The pictures make it look better than it is.
It is a nice hotel, by no means 5 star, maybe we were unlucky with our room. We had a nice time but would not go back.
MY ADVICE: IF YOU ARE SPENDING ALL THIS MONEY TO COME ALL THIS WAY, GO TO THE SHANGRIA LA RASA RIA IN BORNEO INSTEAD. OR IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT THE FOUR SEASONS IN LANGKAWI.
Oh and the duty free was very good, smokes and booze are very very cheap, perfume not so much though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on private beachfront property with shopping malls in the vicinity and the jetty just a stone’s throw away, The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa perfectly balances the joys of nature and the spoils of opulence. With views of the sparkling Andaman Sea, the pristine jewels of nature can be enjoyed from the comforts of our elegantly designed 202 luxurious guestrooms and suites. Private Pool Villas boast state-of-the-art amenities, as well as the ultimate luxury of an infinity pool. Restore body and soul in the perfect retreat for sheer indulgence at the award winning Heavenly Spa by Westin™, the only Heavenly Spa in Malaysia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Langkawi Resort And Spa
- The Westin Langkawi Hotel Langkawi
- Westin Langkawi Resort
- Westin Langkawi Hotel
- Langkawi Westin