“Best Indian on Langkawi”
Review of Restoran Almaz

Restoran Almaz
Ranked #85 of 458 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Indian, Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 7, 2014

This Place is the best choice for Indian food on the Island. I love Indian and spent 3 weeks on Langkawi. Some of the other places have good food to, but are very overpriced. At Almaz, you get good quality Tandoori Chicken, Naan and Currys for a good price. Great value for your buck.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We wanted to try Almaz based on some positive reviews and then just kept going back every day. It's unpretentious, vegetarian-friendly and the tables are almost always filled with satisfied clientele (including locals which is always a good sign). The waiters are busy but friendly.

Since malaysian food tends to be very meaty, we only sampled the curries (8-10 RM) on the menu, together with chapatis (1.5 RM) and lassis (3-4 RM). The food was excellent (apart from the paneer butter masala which actually looked and tasted more like tofu than actual paneer) and very good value indeed. The lassis were okay, too, but perhaps a bit too sweet for my taste. They also do fresh fruit juices and various kinds of coffee and tea.

If I ever go back to Langkawi, I will definitely eat here again. One of the best restaurants on the island, if you ask me.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

For cheap and cheerful curry you can't beat this place. Really enjoyed their pancakes and curries. It wasn't he best but it's good for the money.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This restaurant is one of the typical places on main street, plastic chairs and -tables, open kitchen - but it differs a lot from the others around: the food is really good and the service very friendly.

We stayed at the 'Casa del Mar' and, unlike most other guests, wanted to leave the hotel from time to time. So we stepped into Restoran Almaz for lunch because it's just opposite of the hotel entrance.

I know Indian food, travel to India quite often - and therefore like the basic Indian fare, such as Roti, Dosa etc. We ordered plain dosa, cheese&egg Roti, Chicken Tikka as well as a Mango Lassi. What can I say, everything was very, very good -especially at the price paid (below 20 Ringit). The food was authentic and, a real surprise for Langkawi, the service so friendly, always with a smile.

I really had bad food on Langkawi, even at high prices. Therefore Almaz is a real surprise for me.

Go there, no matter if you're on budget or on gold card.

Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

I've tried roti kaya, roti cheese Telur and Roti Banana. All of them very tasty!
Price also is good for those who are in a budget holidays.