“VERY GOOD MASSAGE IN AN UNPRETENTIOUS SPA”
Review of Yuan Spa

Yuan Spa
Ranked #6 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My partner and I visited Langkawi for 3 days.

It was our first time to the Island. We have decided we would sign up for a day tour and to enjoy at least 2 massages. However, there are many Spas available with some recommended by the Hotel that were really high end and expensive.

Looking at the various brochures, we were spoiled for choices. In the end, we decided on Yuan Spa based on our instinct and because of the location (near to our hotel at Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort) and the price seemed reasonable to begin with.

We called Yuan Spa and signed up for a 2.5 hour spa package on our first day.

The moment the treatment has started, we were pampered from head to toe! It was a total wellness!

When it ended, we looked at each other and immediately, we decided to book for another slot to enjoy on our last day before we returned.

My partner and I were truly impressed and we strongly recommend this Spa to anyone visiting Langkawi.

1. The skills of our masseurs,Zura, Teh and Azy, were very good. We could feel their massage was positive, sincere and attentive. They would check on our comfort level and responded very well to our request for the pressure of the massage. We also found out who their top masseur is but unfortunately he was fully booked during our time there.

2. We appreciated the soft and right type of music playing in the background that set the relaxing mood for us to appreciate and enjoy the treatment more.

3. We liked the layout of the spa with its facilities. It is unpretentious and clean. When we entered, the design immediately put us into the 'zone'.

4. On the first day of our appointment, we were picked up from our hotel by Nikki, who was the Spa Manager.

This is one lady we truly appreciate. She is very friendly, unassuming and very warm. Her disposition and personality immediately put you at ease when you interacted with her.

After the Spa, we were driven back to the hotel bu Nikki. Throughout the drive back to the hotel, she was very helpful and recommended us a few places to dine when we asked.

However, what impressed us was her generosity and kindness in driving us to the airport after our 2nd spa booked on the last day. She could have just send us back to the hotel but she offered to provide a value-added service that came from her heart. Thank you very much, Nikki!

On the whole, Yuan Spa will provide a holistic experience for one to enjoy because of the value of the service and the quality of the massage. The pricing is very reasonable too.

So, do put Yuan Spa on your list of 'to do's' when you are visiting Langkawi.

Go for it!

My partner and I certainly look forward to returning to Yuan Spa when we visit Langkawi again.

Meantime, keep up the very good work!

With much appreciation,

"pantai cenang"
"scrub"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Upon reviewing the excellent status given by fellow Tripadvisors, decided to give myself and my significant other a treat during our stay in Langkawi. Was greeted warmly by a very friendly Nikki over the phone and at the reception. Opted for the RM145 package which includes a 1hr45min Traditional Malay Full Body Massage + Full Body Scrub (she allowed us a slight modification to the package). I must say the scrub was awesome, and the massage was done very firmly (I consider the most important part of a massage is strength and effort) but gently with a mild oil. It was so good, that during the short interval between the scrub and massage, we were wrapped in a cocoon and fell asleep without realizing it. We laughed about it later, as I was afraid I might have been snoring and disturbed the zen of the place. Great location just down the road from our hotel at Holiday Villa, and very friendly and humble staff/masseuse. Will definitely go back for the same session if I ever travel back to Langkawi.

2  Thank StephenSuresh
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I went with my 17year old daughter for a simple 1 hour massage (Malay Massage) they massaged us simultaneously after a foot wash and a welcome tea. The masseuses were sure and efficient. they responded well to requests (firmer or softer massage). at the end we were given refreshing tea and all for less that £20.

1  Thank FruFrub
Reviewed April 20, 2014

was probably the 4th massage I've had in my life and really enjoyed it, we booked for the 90 minutes, 148rm, they soaked out feet for 10 minutes then we had the massage ending with a cup of tea
I got quite a heavy one and pulled up slightly sore from it but I figured my body needed it as we exercise a lot
highly recommend, clean and well presented

1  Thank bucknaked007