“Thai food at local price”

Haji Jelani Seafood and Tom Yam
Ranked #206 of 486 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed November 3, 2013

My first meal upon landing in Langkawi. This place is just a stone away from Meritus Pelangi Cenang beach. This restaurant serves lunch as well as dinner and is manned by a group of Thai origin. For lunch, you will spoilt for choices of the local delicacies. It is a bit pricey for the fish especially but they have put up the price of each fish. Normally it costs around RM20 per medium size fish.

At night during peak seasons (long weekend, school holidays) the place is crowded. You may have to go early around 7pm or late post 10pm. I was told their tom yum is one of the best around, however it doesn't fit my taste bud. I prefer a clear tom yum soup.

A recommended place for you and friends and family to eat. You will not be disappointed. Parking is easy, by the road side or an open space next to it.

Oh..didn't I tell you their waiters are a bit special :-)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was raining that night, we initially wanted to go to other restaurant (as recommended in several blogs) but decided to change plan as we can't find a good parking. So we end up stopping at this restaurant because there were not many people and easy parking. So we ordered somtam, chinese fried rice, tomyam, fried egg and veggie, we didn't order the ikan bakar as we already had it the other nite at another restaurant. After a short wait all our dishes arrive. It look yummy and the aroma were fresh. It was definately yummy dishes and we finished everything. There were 3 of us and we only ordered for one serve instead but the portion was enough for us to share. I guess It was a good call to change to this place. I really recommend this place as the dishes are authentic Thai food maybe because the staff/cook are Malay-Thai etnic.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had our lunch here. Service is quite good but.....you can see more than 20 trays of food with so many choices....but nothing meets my taste. RM202 for 12 persons is really expensive for malaysian which is roughly about RM16 ++ per person...for lunch in a restaurant...and off course it will be very cheap for foreigners - USD 5 ++
Dear Tuan Haji Jelani...come and have lunch in Kuala Lumpur....my office is just opposite to Petronas Twin Tower (KLCC) and it cost around RM7-8 only per person....and sometimes its even RM5-6 only with drink...i can spend you lunch :-)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with the tomyam here. It was the best tomyam I would say, I had in my life. Perfectly sweet, sour and tangy. Other food was ok, as per other Thai restaurants. Definitely a must for tomyam lovers.

2  Thank Damzel77
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Between Meritus and Bon Ton resort -at the corner of the street- you will find an open spot with a lot of tables and chairs. During lunch time there are 20 large trays with all kinds of delicious Thai food where you can choose whatever you like. During dinner time you can order "a la carte", also very worth it!

At the most basic and non touristic places you will find the best food, is definitely about this restaurant.