“tasty, well served and reasonable price.”

Haji Jelani Seafood and Tom Yam
Ranked #294 of 433 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Thai
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“tasty, well served and reasonable price.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It was raining that night, we initially wanted to go to other restaurant (as recommended in several blogs) but decided to change plan as we can't find a good parking. So we end up stopping at this restaurant because there were not many people and easy parking. So we ordered somtam, chinese fried rice, tomyam, fried egg and veggie, we didn't order the ikan bakar as we already had it the other nite at another restaurant. After a short wait all our dishes arrive. It look yummy and the aroma were fresh. It was definately yummy dishes and we finished everything. There were 3 of us and we only ordered for one serve instead but the portion was enough for us to share. I guess It was a good call to change to this place. I really recommend this place as the dishes are authentic Thai food maybe because the staff/cook are Malay-Thai etnic.

• Visited October 2013

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Expensive food for Malaysian”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Had our lunch here. Service is quite good but.....you can see more than 20 trays of food with so many choices....but nothing meets my taste. RM202 for 12 persons is really expensive for malaysian which is roughly about RM16 ++ per person...for lunch in a restaurant...and off course it will be very cheap for foreigners - USD 5 ++
Dear Tuan Haji Jelani...come and have lunch in Kuala Lumpur....my office is just opposite to Petronas Twin Tower (KLCC) and it cost around RM7-8 only per person....and sometimes its even RM5-6 only with drink...i can spend you lunch :-)

• Visited February 2013
“Best tomyam ever”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised with the tomyam here. It was the best tomyam I would say, I had in my life. Perfectly sweet, sour and tangy. Other food was ok, as per other Thai restaurants. Definitely a must for tomyam lovers.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Damzel77
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food for lunch and dinner”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Between Meritus and Bon Ton resort -at the corner of the street- you will find an open spot with a lot of tables and chairs. During lunch time there are 20 large trays with all kinds of delicious Thai food where you can choose whatever you like. During dinner time you can order "a la carte", also very worth it!

At the most basic and non touristic places you will find the best food, is definitely about this restaurant.

N_hh81
“Value for money ...must try”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

this place is reasonable price good food and TOM YAM fan is a die for..PLS have a try is yuumy and tasty and just nice..WE ordered grill fish ,stir fried fish , prawn tomyam and fried rice and it comes to RM 50..NETT its cheep.Same thing I ordered at Haji Ramli cost me RM85...

TOM YAM is delicious.......

• Visited January 2013