“Neat nice hotel on a budget”

favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi
Ranked #23 of 103 Hotels in Langkawi
Singapore, Singapore
“Neat nice hotel on a budget”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This was a neat nice hotel, with good value for money. Its location was convenient, but it doesn't offer much of a view. The pool was clean, and inviting, despite being on the smaller side. Their breakfast was decent, and our rooms were clean and adequate. The staff was generally very helpful, I only thought the staff at their bar cum café place were a little paranoid about getting your signature on their slip - wonder if they've had problems with guest not paying those bills. It was almost a bit odd. We loved the convenience store in the hotel lobby itself, we also booked our tours from this lobby shop, and all of our trips turned out to be very nice. The lady at the tour cum convenience shop was very helpful!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the pool side. Choose a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear helloword,

Greetings from Fave Hotel Langkawi.

Thank you for choosing us as your preferred hotel during your visit to the island. We are very pleased to have had you with us. I have noted on the comment on our café staff and have brought this to their attention. Yes, we do have the practice of getting guest’s signature for their bill and I have briefed them to be more tactful in this matter as to not make guests feel uncomfortable. I apologize on their behalf, and also thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am also glad to hear that you found our tour desk very much to your satisfaction and enjoyed all your excursions.

Please do visit us again in near future should you visit the island. We look forward to welcoming you back with us again.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights, we had 2 rooms, the rooms were very clean, the beds were comfy, my shower stayed the same temperature, breakfast was very good, my nieces had scrambled eggs and fresh fruit, I was very happy with the coffee, they handed out really nice strawberry smoothies which were really nice. The pool I thought was great as it only went to waist for the whole length of the pool so even though my nieces can swim I just felt more relaxed knowing they were able to stand up anywhere in the pool. I had a very good back massage. The location is very good its a 10 minute walk to Cenang beach which was great. Staff were very nice, my only complaint was that there was no shampoo or conditioner in the bathrooms but I was able to buy some in the shop beside the Reception area which was great as I was able to get my postcards there aswell, very convenient to have a shop in the hotel lobby. For what we got in this hotel for what we paid I thought it was great.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking the pool so it was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Fiona F
Dear fifi19762013,

Hello from Fave Hotel Langkawi!

Thank you very much for staying with us and for rating us 5/5! We are delighted to know that you have thoroughly enjoyed your stay here. We had just recently upgraded our breakfast menu, thanks to our guest’s feedbacks, and are pleased to know that your nieces and you enjoyed your smoothies. For your information, the soap dispenser in your room is actually 3in1. It could be used as shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. Also, in addition, we are currently upgrading our rooms as well and on your next visit, you will find minibars in your room.

Till then, see you again soon.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our hotel stay was just awful. But now all under the order, arrived to the hotel, we were given a room key and long-awaited vacation started, but as a result the next day, when we returned from Kuax, I discovered that of the safe was stolen 400 USD, the stay was spoiled by at once. I immediately went to find out who stole my money, but the hotel manager and the manager of protection to argue that this can not be, but if just think begs the question? I having flown 12,000 kilometers the next day began to find out who stole my money? This foolishly. Since the vacation was already spoiled we went to the police to write a statement. In general in the police we spent about two days and tried to explain to them, that someone actually stole money from the safe. For the next 9 days better safe box for us was the portfolio that we did not leave until the end of vacation. The police tried to tighten the investigation as long as possible as everyone is well aware that sooner or later we leave, this investigation and out automatically closes. Dear Travellers you guessed money to me and have not returned, but most of all I was surprised that no one even apologized. So my advice to you choose another hotel if you do not want to spoil your vacation.

5 Thank Dmitry D
FaveCenangLangkawi, General Manager at favehotel Cenang Beach - Langkawi, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Dmitry D,

As we had already informed to you on the matter, our Security team had conducted a transparent investigation, along with the assistance of the police inspectors, and found no concrete evidence of foul play at our end.

We had also explained to you in details on the findings and our hotel’s policies and procedures as no one has access to the safe deposit box once you set your password. I think it is very unfair of you to accuse us of stealing your money from your safe box when the police had also concluded that there is no concrete prove of this. They had also already advised that there are other possibilities that you might have lost your money elsewhere without noticing.

Nevertheless, we are again sorry to know of and understand your predicament, frustration and inconveniences caused to you and we assured you that we did our best in taking all the necessary actions on our part.

General Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Langkawi hotels

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed May 9, 2014

this hotel is really a good property. we stayed there 3nights & we didnt face a single issue.

it just took a minute to get our room as the room as booked through pre-reservation. On the 1st day, it was raining though,we enjoyed our lunch from hotel cafe with nice views from our room..the steak & nasi kampur was very delicious.

daily buffet breakfast was delicious too with simple but great choices.
Please note that if you are there on weekends, you may have to wait up on a queue for the egg service.

one thing about the room that is the size.it would be great if some more spaces can be given each room.

Anyway, we had really a nice stay there & hope to stay there once again.

2 Thank Zulfiqur073
Dear Zulfiqur073,

Greetings from Fave Hotel Langkawi!

Thank you very much for staying with us whilst visiting Langkawi and also for your review of us. We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your stay here and that you enjoyed our facilities, amenities, and services are to your satisfactory. It was our pleasure in having you with us too.

Please visit us again in near future and we are more than happy to be welcoming you back again with us.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed May 5, 2014

They should change their tagline from fresh, fun & friendly to boring, tired & unfriendly. We had to wait for nearly 2 hours to get our room and the nightmare starts. The access key did not work on all the four days that we stayed there. The reception is the worst in the world, they are so arrogant and all of them have this "I do not care attitude". Nazrul at reception is another brat leading the gang. The hotel lacks basic amenities as a tea/coffee maker and drinking glasses. The housekeeping staff were friendly.

We paid nearly US$80.00 per night and trust me, it is not even worth half the price. The only saving grace being that Langkawi is a gem of a place and we really enjoyed there. Breakfast is beyond basic and the fat chef is so lazy that he even refuses to make fresh eggs on order.

The travel desk is wonderful and the lady is full of suggestions and resourceful. She is a great dame.

Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Hire a car at the Airport. It is cheaper and a better option to go around Langkawi. If you can ride...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ReddyR312578
Dear ReddyR312578,

Thank you for staying with us whilst visiting Langkawi and also for your review of us.

As explained, we had some technical issue with our key card machine and had to wait for professional assistance from mainland to come over and fix it for us, and for this, we truly are sorry for the inconveniences that was caused to you, as I understand that it could be frustrating.
Our standard check-out time is 12PM and check-in time is 2PM as our housekeeping team needs time to clean up the room. If we have rooms available and ready earlier, we are always more than happy to provide you with an early check-in, however as you arrived around 11am, all rooms were not ready yet as we were full-house from the day before. However, our reception did manage to find you a room by 1pm as we understand you are tired from your travelling. Please understand that is not our intention to delay your check-in time.

I am sorry to hear that our reception team left you with this impression, and I have personally advised them accordingly. Please note that this is not as per our normal standard that we are practising. As for the egg station, I apologize on this, as there was a miscommunication leading to the chef refusing to make fresh eggs, we have already looked into this and everything is in order now, thanks to your feedbacks.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed there on April 30 to May 1. I do always preferred Fave hotel for budget friendly hotel, esp been many times to Indonesia (Bali, etc). But here in Langkawi, Malaysia, was our worst experience. A lot of staffs hanging around in the check in desk and walking around but not very helpful, as i've seen its very common for malaysia to have a lot of staff but not really doing their job. They wont ask even if you wait in front of the check in desk and lack of politeness. It was a bit busy that time as there was a big MuayThai (if im not wrong) event. The room was ok but there was a lack of cleanliness. I was ready to shower and shocked when i wanted to hang the towel behind the bathroom door as its fungus and looked like never been cleaned. Anyway the management should do something about this!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tokolicious
Dear tokolicious,

Thank you for staying with us and for writing us your feedbacks.

I am sorry to hear that you found our staff unpleasant and apologize for the inconveniences. We have 2 or sometimes 3 receptionists only, but as all of our hotel’s staff is wearing the same uniform, there might be a slight confusion. I have checked on the matter and confirmed that our Reservationists and Sales team were out front handling the group at the time of your check-in, and also as the group were hanging about the reception, our receptionists had mistaken as part of the group’s organizers, thus the delay in assisting you for check-in.

I had already informed my team on the matter to be more alert and also actioned on the cleanliness issue, thanks to your feedbacks, and we will better improve in the future on this.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at faveHotel. Initially, it wasnt pleasant as we booked a room with double bed but was given a twin sharing room with beds put together on the first night. It was awkward as the two beds were pushed against each other but away from the wall (there was a small table fixed at the centre) therefore it wasnt comfortable as we couldnt lean against the wall while watching the TV. We requested for a change of room and we were glad that the staff were able to accommodate our request and transfer us to another room the second day. During our stay, we also ordered room service, the food was great (steak and grilled fish), however do not order ice cream as it had melted by the time it reached us. Another thing about the hotel room was that there was only one chair, therefore one of us had to sit on the bed to eat. The plus point about this hotel is the location. It's just a short walk to the beach and the spas. Its very hot in the afternoon so we went out in the early morning or late afternoon/evening. The friendly lady at the lobby helped us arrange our trips, there are also taxis queuing outside the hotel if you need to go further/airport. The staff are so friendly, always ready to help. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room as the rooms are not really sound proof
Dear chococraze,

Thank you for choosing Fave Hotel Langkawi as your preferred hotel during your stay here.
We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your experience of stay with us and for sharing your review with other readers. I am sorry that you found it inconvenient for you on your first night here, as all special requests can only be confirmed upon check-in. We noted on your request for double bed and changed for you once our bed were available. I am also glad to hear you found our staff accommodating and enjoyed our facilities and amenities.

Please do visit us again when you are visiting Langkawi in the near future. We will be more than happy to welcome you back with us.