“Bad Experience - Very Poor Customer Service Given By Staff”
Review of El Nino

El Nino
Ranked #221 of 486 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place has every opportunity to become a good restaurant by sadly the staff let us down as they were very unprofessional with their service and standards. We dined here a couple of times but on our last occasion we decided not to return ever again. On the last visit we ordered a Thai chicken dish, but when it arrived it was beef. When queried it with the staff but they insisted that it was chicken, it just looked like beef. Very strange reply from the staff. When we insisted that they speak to the chef they returned without apology and confirmed it was chicken! When the correct chicken dish was served it was literally thrown on the table by the lady wearing jeans that served us (there is only one!). She was very rude and gave us the impression that we the customer were at fault. The restaurant does not have a manager or owner on site so there is nobody to complain to - most unusual. Some of the staff act just like children and are very unprofessional. I recommend that the owner looks into this incident and deals with it or he/she will find that they do not have any customers each night if the poor customer service continues. The restaurant is quite pretty and we have been regular customers there for many years. Sadly we left in disgust and then dined at the Maya where they have lovely Malaysian staff and a very good customer focused manager.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend are backpacking around Malaysia and decided to treat ourselfs to steak what a mistake that was the place looks nice enough but the service is the worst iv had ever let alone in south east Asia. The place wasn't busy so we exspected to wait 30 mins max for starters one hour later still nothing. I asked the waiter what was going on and he just said he would ask. That was the last I saw of this waiter they seemed to hide away, another couple sat down and didn't even get asked if the wanted a drink so the left. After another 20 mins I was not happy and very hungry so we promptly left and went to a lovely place called little Mexican just a few min walk

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Driving down Pantai Tengah one night and unsure of where to dine next, I caught sight this restaurant set in a bungalow off the main street. It seemed to exude a comforting friendliness with its decor and setting and I was immediately drawn to it. Parking my rented car nearby, I walked towards the entrance where a waiter was waiting to call out to passersby to eat in their restaurant. I flipped through the menu and saw that the prices were reasonable. "We have the best steak in Langkawi..." declared the waiter proudly and I looked at him sceptically having already enjoyed a luscious steak at The Brasserie on Pantai Cenang. He went on to proclaim they have the largest portions of steak.

Nevertheless, I decided to enter the restaurant and sat down ordering the Sirloin Pepper Steak along with a Peach Melba for dessert. The food came promptly and it was admittedly absolutely lovely. Grilled to perfection, accompanied by delicious steak sauce. The ambience was soothing in the garden like setting outside the bungalow - you can if you choose dine indoors. But I preferred the warm, humid night air. Much more sensual. Pantai Tengah seems to have an endless array of exquisite restaurants. The Peach Melba was also delicious and light - excellent. Service at El Nino was good and friendly and this made the whole experience better. Recommend without hesitation.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I really liked our stays in el nino, very good service and excellent cuisine!
The lightsetting and the overall atmosphere is fantastic. What a great Interior in that place, i didnt found a comparable place on langkawi.

Cheers Phil

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This restaurant is know for western food and many times I have visited them. I was there few days ago and they introduce to us their Thai food and said they also have thai kitchen. And they served delicious food compare to some of the places I have eaten thai Food.

My personal recommendation is the Tom Yam Prawns, Mango Salad, Green curry. If yo want your thai food not to be very spicy please tell them as we enjoyed the spicy food. We also had another 2 dish but I can't recall as this 3 dish over ride them. Also enjoyed their cocktail.
Its an ideal place for couples ,families with kids or for friends hang out.Nice ambiance too.
It is not cheap place but I think we can afford to spend if you really want to eat good food.

2  Thank Meenanair