“Perdana Beach Apartment - The most affordable in LGK”

Perdana Beach Resort
Ranked #101 of 156 Specialty Lodging in Langkawi
“Perdana Beach Apartment - The most affordable in LGK”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

If you are looking for a resort with full facilities of gym, jacuzzi, attached beach and breakfast inclusive, then this is certainly not for you.

It's more for the average travellers looking for a comfortable staying place with relaxing and nice views of the mountain and in search of a quiet locations.

We book an apartment of 2 bedrooms that comes with a living room, dining room, balcony, 2 toilets (1 in the master bedroom, 1 in the kitchen).

Perdana Beach Resort is truly wonderful that comes with the price. With our balcony facing the mountains & bridge, it truly felt relaxed.

Yes, I agree with some of the reviewers that it shouldn't be named as 'Resort' but if I'm not mistaken, they are construction works still undergoing at the place next to our block where I suspect they are trying to add better facilities etc, and once the back of the block are done, Perdana Beach should already have a beach attached, It's just a guessing though.

But for the price I paid with 5friends, is very much worth it! We paid about RM60/pax as our Malaysian friend made the advance booking for us. Just 10 mins drive from the airport. Don't expect a shop nearby though have to travel to Chenang. But there was the next hotel restaurant and pub which you can go to. Not sure of the name tho.

Swimming Pool is clean and manageable for morning exercise or leisurely swim at other times!

Read my review here;

Thanks!
Xoxo;
Lia

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank Liyana H

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
india
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we went to Langkawi in oct 2012 for 5 days . We had a pleasant stay at Perdana. The rooms were good,clean and comfortable.if you r expecting 5 star amenities then this is not u'r place.
The staff were very helpful. There's no restaurant or room service but there is a restaurant and general store just opposite the building.There is no beach in the ''beach resort'' but u have plenty all around so u won't miss it. it is better to rent a car since getting a cab every time u get out may be difficult and expensive.there's no internet or bell boys but u won't have time for all that; there's a lot to see n do in Langkawi. over all we were satisfied with our trip and stay at perdana.

Room Tip: ground floor with access to pool will be better
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank shahidlamiya
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

这个地方很阴森,服务人员也不是很有笑容!很害怕,游泳池也很不舒服。只是倒胃口!So dirt building! Ugh! Before checking in we must go to 1 st to see the employee.. The place so dirty!
After going to the room, quick nice.. But at the night will feel so Scare and horrible !

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank AhWee91
Buderim
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We booked this through time share RCI for a week. No stars, no beach and no resort. When we arrived we didn't get out of the taxi as we saw a dirty run down shoddy looking building and thought we were at the wrong place. Rooms are dank, mouldy and smell. No mattress covers, torn sheets, threadbare towels, no cooking facilities, no laundy facilities, no internet, no phone, no hot water at sink or basin, gas heater for shower, mouldy bath room and kitchen, toiletes leaked constantly and were never fixed. This was an appalling start to our holiday. Furniture was old, stained and smelled. Rooms cleaned only every 3 days. Renovations next door noisy. You had to leave the resort by car to eat, shop or do anything as it is out of the way. Sorry I cannot recommend this to anyone. RCI have a lot to answer for even having it on their books!

Room Tip: Stay in another room at another resort
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Toni M
Penang, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When me and my family got there my first impression was " the hell?!? So dirty looking building! Ugh!" But after we checked in and the time I first saw the our apartment I was like " wow..not bad.." It was very comfortable and cozy...because of the apartment I get to enjoy my 3 days 2 nights over there...langkawi is the best getaway from my traveling experience

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Sandratheawesome
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been to this hotel few times already. This was my second time. It was on 17 JULY 2012 - 19 JULY 2012 and I must say that my stay here is rather nice and comfy in ordinary kind of way.
On the outside, I have to agree that the building looked old. I was like, "Whaaaaat is this place? Is this a haunted building or what?" I was initially ashamed by its looks and expect the worst for my stay here. Further, I’ve read all the bad reviews here and I’m so afraid that it would be the same for us.

This hotel is not near to beach though its name is ‘Beach Resort’. It is quite far from Pantai Chenang. No restaurants near that area so; you should rent a car to go anywhere. But, it is closer to Gunung Mat Chincang (Cable Car etc); The Loaf; etc. You should go to Pantai Pasir Tengkorak cause it’s beautiful there than Pantai Chenang (but beware of monkeys. They will take your belongings if your leave it unattended).

Checking in. I went to the lobby (I would not call it a lobby because it does not have any counter or any sorts of things that indicate that was the lobby. There was no receptionist, no bell boys etc. It was just a plain floor). There was an office and nobody was inside it. There was a notice indicating that if we want to check in, we need to go to another building (about 50 to 100 metres from the 1st building. yellow building. Looked rather decent). But when I went to the yellow building, the receptionist said that i went to the wrong place and i need to go back to the 'haunted' place. I was rather pissed off by the statement because I need to make a u-turn in order to go back to the 'haunted' building.

When I get back to the initial building, there was a woman and i asked her how to check in. She called Cik Rubiah and after that, we checked in. The check in was fast. We were given an apartment in level 1, near to our parking. I prayed to God that the apartment better be good or else...

We entered the apartment (Room 1003) and we were very excited to see the apartment actually looked good, nice and comfy. The interior design was nice and beautiful. There were frames here and there. There were 2 @ 3 bedrooms (am not so sure. Couldn’t remember. But I think it was 2), 2 bathrooms (1 shower; 1 bathtub); 2 TVs (with Astro channel! Thank God); a couch in the living room; a kitchen and a dining room. We were enchanted by the looks of it.
We stayed for 3 days 2 nights. There was no housekeeping. But we didn’t mind it because we don’t need one. (We were only 3 people. What damage can be done?) In order to ask for an iron @ seterika, we need to call Cik Rubiah by cellphones because in the apartment, unfortunately, there were no phones at all. We were given a new iron (happy because usually hotels gave old iron and the wire was a bit dangerous cause it has torn etc. You know what I mean, right? Hehe.)

The bathroom! Yes the bathroom was ordinary. The pipe for bathroom was somewhat broken. So, the heater was kinda on and off. But there was another bathroom with a shower and a nice-not-broken-heater. So, I enjoyed bathing in warm water. The towel was damp and smelled damp. Me don’t like.

Overall, what i can say is that i enjoyed staying here. You should know that I am a Malaysian and that when you went here (Malaysian’s hotels), you should not expect much from the place you stayed. That was what I did. I did not expect much, I expect the worst, and so, that was why I’m okay with overall presentation by the hotel. Haha.

That’s all!

Room Tip: Request for lower level's room. No lift so, if you got higher levels, you have to carry your lug...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
15 Thank KELJOE307
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Perdana Beach Resort, Langkawi, Leisure Group of Hotels - Courtesy RCI collaboration with Club mahindra. One of the worst places I have ever stayed. No co-ordination, no bell boys to help you with your baggages. No internet provided, you are asked to go to neighbouring resort/hotel lobby to access the internet. The rooms were very stuffy. Airconditions leaking. No Canteen within the hotel. You are always at the mercy of a hotel which is close to 25 mins away from Perdana Beach Resort. I would give it a BIG ZERO.......All cabbies who brought me to the resort, were complaining to me, as to why was i staying at such a shaddy place. and they say, all agents, even though knowing this fact still keep sending people to such a place. No washing machine in Service Apartment. Basic necessities not given. Cleaning of room only happens once in 3 days. i was flabbergasted with the overall approach of the employees of the hotel. You cannot depend on them for even a single thing. Bottled water was also not provided. Which I guess is a norm for a 1/2 star property in any given location. Travellers reading this article please take this points seriously and if you have booked this hotel, do not spoil your holiday, please change it at once to avoid dissapointment. I hope this review is read by Club Mahindra and RCI and they take some action on the points raised. Thanks - Joe
. Please note i stayed in this shaddy place, on 25th - 28th May 2012

Room Tip: complete waste....do not enter.....this place....
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family