“Wont be there next time”

Perdana Beach Resort
Ranked #101 of 159 Specialty Lodging in Langkawi
Reviewed January 10, 2013

这个地方很阴森,服务人员也不是很有笑容!很害怕,游泳池也很不舒服。只是倒胃口!So dirt building! Ugh! Before checking in we must go to 1 st to see the employee.. The place so dirty!
After going to the room, quick nice.. But at the night will feel so Scare and horrible !

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank AhWee91
There are newer reviews for Perdana Beach Resort

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We booked this through time share RCI for a week. No stars, no beach and no resort. When we arrived we didn't get out of the taxi as we saw a dirty run down shoddy looking building and thought we were at the wrong place. Rooms are dank, mouldy and smell. No mattress covers, torn sheets, threadbare towels, no cooking facilities, no laundy facilities, no internet, no phone, no hot water at sink or basin, gas heater for shower, mouldy bath room and kitchen, toiletes leaked constantly and were never fixed. This was an appalling start to our holiday. Furniture was old, stained and smelled. Rooms cleaned only every 3 days. Renovations next door noisy. You had to leave the resort by car to eat, shop or do anything as it is out of the way. Sorry I cannot recommend this to anyone. RCI have a lot to answer for even having it on their books!

Room Tip: Stay in another room at another resort
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Toni M
Reviewed October 5, 2012

When me and my family got there my first impression was " the hell?!? So dirty looking building! Ugh!" But after we checked in and the time I first saw the our apartment I was like " wow..not bad.." It was very comfortable and cozy...because of the apartment I get to enjoy my 3 days 2 nights over there...langkawi is the best getaway from my traveling experience

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Sandratheawesome
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've been to this hotel few times already. This was my second time. It was on 17 JULY 2012 - 19 JULY 2012 and I must say that my stay here is rather nice and comfy in ordinary kind of way.
On the outside, I have to agree that the building looked old. I was like, "Whaaaaat is this place? Is this a haunted building or what?" I was initially ashamed by its looks and expect the worst for my stay here. Further, I’ve read all the bad reviews here and I’m so afraid that it would be the same for us.

This hotel is not near to beach though its name is ‘Beach Resort’. It is quite far from Pantai Chenang. No restaurants near that area so; you should rent a car to go anywhere. But, it is closer to Gunung Mat Chincang (Cable Car etc); The Loaf; etc. You should go to Pantai Pasir Tengkorak cause it’s beautiful there than Pantai Chenang (but beware of monkeys. They will take your belongings if your leave it unattended).

Checking in. I went to the lobby (I would not call it a lobby because it does not have any counter or any sorts of things that indicate that was the lobby. There was no receptionist, no bell boys etc. It was just a plain floor). There was an office and nobody was inside it. There was a notice indicating that if we want to check in, we need to go to another building (about 50 to 100 metres from the 1st building. yellow building. Looked rather decent). But when I went to the yellow building, the receptionist said that i went to the wrong place and i need to go back to the 'haunted' place. I was rather pissed off by the statement because I need to make a u-turn in order to go back to the 'haunted' building.

When I get back to the initial building, there was a woman and i asked her how to check in. She called Cik Rubiah and after that, we checked in. The check in was fast. We were given an apartment in level 1, near to our parking. I prayed to God that the apartment better be good or else...

We entered the apartment (Room 1003) and we were very excited to see the apartment actually looked good, nice and comfy. The interior design was nice and beautiful. There were frames here and there. There were 2 @ 3 bedrooms (am not so sure. Couldn’t remember. But I think it was 2), 2 bathrooms (1 shower; 1 bathtub); 2 TVs (with Astro channel! Thank God); a couch in the living room; a kitchen and a dining room. We were enchanted by the looks of it.
We stayed for 3 days 2 nights. There was no housekeeping. But we didn’t mind it because we don’t need one. (We were only 3 people. What damage can be done?) In order to ask for an iron @ seterika, we need to call Cik Rubiah by cellphones because in the apartment, unfortunately, there were no phones at all. We were given a new iron (happy because usually hotels gave old iron and the wire was a bit dangerous cause it has torn etc. You know what I mean, right? Hehe.)

The bathroom! Yes the bathroom was ordinary. The pipe for bathroom was somewhat broken. So, the heater was kinda on and off. But there was another bathroom with a shower and a nice-not-broken-heater. So, I enjoyed bathing in warm water. The towel was damp and smelled damp. Me don’t like.

Overall, what i can say is that i enjoyed staying here. You should know that I am a Malaysian and that when you went here (Malaysian’s hotels), you should not expect much from the place you stayed. That was what I did. I did not expect much, I expect the worst, and so, that was why I’m okay with overall presentation by the hotel. Haha.

That’s all!

Room Tip: Request for lower level's room. No lift so, if you got higher levels, you have to carry your lug...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
15  Thank KELJOE307
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Perdana Beach Resort, Langkawi, Leisure Group of Hotels - Courtesy RCI collaboration with Club mahindra. One of the worst places I have ever stayed. No co-ordination, no bell boys to help you with your baggages. No internet provided, you are asked to go to neighbouring resort/hotel lobby to access the internet. The rooms were very stuffy. Airconditions leaking. No Canteen within the hotel. You are always at the mercy of a hotel which is close to 25 mins away from Perdana Beach Resort. I would give it a BIG ZERO.......All cabbies who brought me to the resort, were complaining to me, as to why was i staying at such a shaddy place. and they say, all agents, even though knowing this fact still keep sending people to such a place. No washing machine in Service Apartment. Basic necessities not given. Cleaning of room only happens once in 3 days. i was flabbergasted with the overall approach of the employees of the hotel. You cannot depend on them for even a single thing. Bottled water was also not provided. Which I guess is a norm for a 1/2 star property in any given location. Travellers reading this article please take this points seriously and if you have booked this hotel, do not spoil your holiday, please change it at once to avoid dissapointment. I hope this review is read by Club Mahindra and RCI and they take some action on the points raised. Thanks - Joe
. Please note i stayed in this shaddy place, on 25th - 28th May 2012

Room Tip: complete waste....do not enter.....this place....
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
20  Thank smartjoe1979
Reviewed April 13, 2012

This was the WORST place we have ever stayed in.
The "renovation" that was pointed out to us by the manager to the "resorts" property next door was more of a demolition than a renovation. Showers "drippy" and a heater to heat the shower water was an interesting concept. We have stayed at many places including Costa Rica and have never experienced a place like Perdana Beach Resort. No access to pool from complex. Had to walk outside and around the corner to get to pool. Pool furniture WELL used and some plastic loungers were the pinch the bummy type as they were cracked. Towels, appears to have been purchased from resort next door , which appeared to be a 4-5* star place, lower budget places sometimes buys no longer wanted linens from better resorts to use , ( a friend of mine does this business at home), the linens and towels had the hotel name on it from next door, thats a 1+1=2 theory. No security boxes in room,, you place your valuables and money in an envelope and the manager places it in "his" personal safe and only himself and his staff have the combination. Thats not so private. Nonetheless I am sure they are the most trustworthy people in Malaysia, but I do not like to take chances. Back to towels, yiou get a change of linen and towels every third day, and if you want an extra towel thats a 3 Ringett.
Change of towels and linens I am hoping doesn;t mean you change with him and you change with them 204 you change with 310. We hung in there for 3 days and then checked out and flew to KL. Sorry I don't mean to be so hard on this place, but in order to run an accomodation buisiness you have to have the knowledge and $$$, this place appears to have neither. We have stayed in smal;l B&B's in Costa Rica as well as a small hotel there and it was run very efficiently. Forget the air conditoner... a couple of ceiling fans circulate what "cool" air that escapes form the AC Unit. I you like to have a "clammy" nights sleep, then this is the place for you. Sorry PBR, but telling it like it is.

Room Tip: Look Elsewhere
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
13  Thank Harvey H
Reviewed January 2, 2012

A dying looking Building, there is no restaurant there, Nothing in the resort

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple