“Girt lush!!!! The best coffee in Malaysia, Oz and Brazil! Great food great service and excellent service”

The English Tea Room
Ranked #3 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Langkawi
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

After searching Malaysia for a decent coffee I finally found it here! Mike at the English Tea and Coffee bar makes the best coffee I have ever tasted! I have travelled many countries and who would of guessed i would find the best in langkawi, must be made by Mike! Great food great service, very clean and very friendly! We went back for breakfast everyday we was there! I think half of langkawi did also but staff handled the rush hour no probs!

2  Thank Juls H

Reviewed May 11, 2014

The English Tea Room is under new management (not sure how long the new owners have been there) - two brothers bought the place and are running it. We've eaten there three times (in three days!) and had great breakfasts every day - eggs, pancakes, scones, whatever. Heaps of tea. DH liked the coffee.

Definitely stop by for a change of pace.

1  Thank phebess
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading reviews of this place, I had much higher expectations of this place, unfortunately, the fish had too much batter and hardly any fish, pies were too dry and bread was hard.

Not going to come back to this place.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My family and I had teas and coffees plus cakes and scones and while the food and drinks were fine they were really too expensive for what they were. The fresh cream was from a squirty can the jam was the cheap, bright red stuff, and the scones were very small. Not really on the same scale as a quality UK tea room, but at UK prices. Nice to see postcards of Cleethorpes though.

1  Thank RobinandLexi
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Guessing the english lady that served us was possibly the owner, she didn't seem overly friendly if this business is her livelihood. My sister asked for her scone to be toasted and she screwed up her face and acted like it was a completely absurd thing to do. I come from Scotland where scones are very common and this is a perfectly normal request. I then suggested to mircrowave it. Food was not great and her attitude was even worse.

1  Thank babs1986