“A great little tea room” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 14 Coffee & Tea in Langkawi
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“A great little tea room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Such a lovely place and the food and drinks are first class. Annette the owner was there and she came and sat with us and answered all our questions about things to do and see whilst in langkawi. Definitely recommend as a first stop for anyone looking to explore the island.

1 Thank Amyfenlon

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Singapore, Singapore
“Lovely Ambience, Lovely Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

A couple of my friends and I visited this place back in 2011, and we liked it so much that we went there everyday till we went back!

Our most recent trip in October, we were back with a slightly bigger group and we were delighted as we were during our first trip.

Drinks are good, food is great and the cakes are excellent! Very lovely ambience too, we hardly noticed the time passing as we chit chatted among us, eating happily and enjoying the experience on the whole. Oh and they added more items to their menu as well!

The owner of the place is a very lovely English lady who was nice and welcoming.

One thing is for sure, we will keep going back to this place (yes we head there every year) as long as its run by the current owner.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank NathanDulce
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly staff and comfortable environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Although I don't normally write restaurant reviews, the owner of this place really seemed to take negative TripAdvisor reviews to heart and several of the 'terrible' reviews I've read differ enough to my experience at this place that I'm writing a review.

The food and coffee were not cheap, but priced comparably to similar restaurant/cafe's nearby and in other parts of the island. The drinks were nice and the food was ok; my wife particularly enjoyed her 'mini' pie, and my sausage roll was fine. I suppose it depends what you expect from a coffee shop on an island, and personally I don't expect a 5-star meal in such a place. I only expect to be treated fairly and in a friendly fashion. Which is exactly what I got.

I find it hard to believe that the owner, who sat and chatted with us until well after closing time and long after other staff and knocked off for the day and who is a retiree who has moved to the island, would be rude to patrons. Of course, there are certain situations and customers that would send anyone (as anyone who's ever served tables will attest) over the edge.

That said; if you're on this part of the street and looking for a coffee and a nice place to sit, chat and pick up loads of information about the island, give this place a shot; I'd order a small or medium coffee because the big one was really big.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank youregoingwhere
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
“The worst customer service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Foods were ok but too overpriced, nice n relaxed ambience. Scones were overrated, i have eaten way better ones in KL. But my biggest, biggest mistake coming here was probably bringing my 2 toddlers along. The owner n waitress gave me disgusted look, when my kids were being kinda curious n happy, jumping n running. My advice - this place is not meant for family with kids. The owner cant seem to tolerate the sound of my 4 year old son asking so many questions (my kids were excited). I ordered a hearty breakfast, totalling to almost RM60 but I hardly ate it because the waitress was getting angry n scolded my kids. My WORST experience ever.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Perth, Australia
“A delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely place to stop for a nice cup of tea and a scone or quick bite to eat, an oasis amongst the heat and shops for a snack, conversation and local hints, Home made food as well and china tea cups. Handmade cards and local animal charity information.

• Visited September 2012