“The worst customer service ever”

The English Tea Room
Ranked #8 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Langkawi
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia
“The worst customer service ever”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Foods were ok but too overpriced, nice n relaxed ambience. Scones were overrated, i have eaten way better ones in KL. But my biggest, biggest mistake coming here was probably bringing my 2 toddlers along. The owner n waitress gave me disgusted look, when my kids were being kinda curious n happy, jumping n running. My advice - this place is not meant for family with kids. The owner cant seem to tolerate the sound of my 4 year old son asking so many questions (my kids were excited). I ordered a hearty breakfast, totalling to almost RM60 but I hardly ate it because the waitress was getting angry n scolded my kids. My WORST experience ever.

• Visited November 2012

• Arabic first
Perth, Australia
“A delight”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Lovely place to stop for a nice cup of tea and a scone or quick bite to eat, an oasis amongst the heat and shops for a snack, conversation and local hints, Home made food as well and china tea cups. Handmade cards and local animal charity information.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Freedom1961
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“A taste of England in Malaysia”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This tea room has lovely rose-patterned china and embroidered table cloths to give an authentic English feel. Although when we were there all the other patrons were Australian! I had the scones with jam and cream (cream from Australia). There were two dainty scones and I really enjoyed them. Also on show were various pies and pasties, we didn't try these as I am trying not to put weight on, and my husband can't eat pastry because of the fat content. But they did look delicious and again authentic. There were some nice handmade greetings cards to buy, plus other bits and pieces. And the tearoom collects donations for the local animal shelter. The only downside was the rather slow service - just like a tea-room in England! Well worth a visit as you will be sick of eating everything with rice if you are in Asia for any length of time!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank marymary27
Lappeenranta, Finland
“big croisantis”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We went to there with my friend n liked a lot,nice old lady are keeping this place in opposite of Langkawi's underwater world.Staff were very nice n tea/coffee coming in a big cups :) Croisantis are also good ones!

Visited October 2012
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Nice place”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I had coffee and butter scones .all of which were delicious .this place is for those who wants to spend some time sipping tea or coffee in a homely no rush atmosphere .

• Visited October 2012