“Mediocre food, expensive and a 10% service charge”

Red Sky Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #35 of 486 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Malaysian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Just eaten here and wished we'd gone elsewhere. I had chicken penne pesto and it was swimming in a green liquid. Apart from the parmesan, there wasn't really any other flavour. It came with 1 slice of garlic bread. My other half had an Asian noodle dish but it was more like a mediocre pad Thai. The service was friendly enough and the food came out quickly. We did have to ask if the terrible music could be turned down a little as we could not hold a conversation. A shock at the end was the bill that had 10% service charge on it - never seen that anywhere in Asia. Red Tomato next door was cheaper and tastier.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed in Langkawi for 6 nights and ate here at least 6 times. The place is clean, the staff are very friendly, and the food was great. I have food allergies which I often find difficult to translate, but the staff at Red sky were very helpful and I just loved the vegetable curry! My husband ate half the menu and was not disappointed once. Prices are cheap to average for the area. Very happy.

4  Thank Cass C
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We have walked by this restaurant several times and decided to check the place out. Overall the restaurant looks very nice and clean. My friends ordered vegetable curry and burger. Curry was slightly flavorless and didn't have very much veggies in it rather than pees. Burger was dry and tasteless. I ordered fried calamari and mushroom soup as a starter. Those were good. For the main I had noodels with prawns which was total disaster. It tasted spoiled and you just couldn't eat the dish. The prawns weren't fresh at all. Good thing was that I didn't need to pay for the main course as we talked to the staff and complained. Their menu looks good and we discussed about visiting again this restaurant but after that first experience I'm having serious second thoughts.

1  Thank Joonas1
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ordered Chicken Pita and seafood aglio olio.
The food came 40 minutes after we ordered, and there was only us in the restaurant.
Chicken pita was so so. And seafood aglio olio was terrible. I never expected to see a soupy buttery aglio olio... The taste was weird and oily, and the squid tasted old.
A disappointing meal we had

3  Thank Huiping H
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were 5 days in Langkawi, where we stayed in the Sunset Beach Resort, close to the Red Sky Restaurant. The Red Sky was so excellent that we went there every evening. The kitchen is excellent, ambience is great and the service from Ana is unbeatable. Ana made our kids feel like home, and my daughter felt so sad of leaving Langkawi.

3  Thank 4Delhi