“Good in it's class.”

Langgura Baron Resort
Ranked #92 of 159 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A good budget-resort by the beach. Opt for deluxe room, wooden type chalet. The room is spacious. Enjoy my quality sleep there. Good location, nearby water sport centre, opposite with Cenang Mall, with restaurants and spa is everywhere along the stretch of pantai cenang. Reception staff is friendly. The resort did not provide in-hotel breakfast. But u can find a lot of breakfast bar, fast food outlets such as mcdonalds & kfc located nearby, and even a few malay warung. There's a food truck selling a nice prawn mee behind the resort (by the beach), recommended! Parking is a bit "problematic"..especially during evening.

Room Tip: Wooden type rooms (deluxe)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Murni I

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

We thought in Malysie to take. A cheaper hotel
So we arrived at Baron .

The stay in this hotel was totally not expected. I expect for 35, - Euro per night not a luxury, but a clean room.
Bathroom door was supposed to be white but was black with dirt, it looked like a barn door. The walls of the bathroom were full of filth, and certainly not cleaned for one year. The fungus was in the shower.
It smelled musty there.
Behind the bed seemed like a jungle.
The bottom sheet of the bed was too small for the bed, I asked for another sheet, this was resolved, but the next day, they again too small a sheet on the bed to my surprise.
My wife woke up with red bumps on her back, this was by bed mites.
So I can just go through, it was just too dirty, there was one advantage, the room was spacious, but all in all definitely not worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank RayDiesel
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have never given a negative review of a hotel before I am not a overly fussy person having stayed in backpacker hotels in many Asian county's. I can not find a positive thing about this hotel we had a chalet room the walls were thin and we could hear our next door neighbours (5 of them in a 2 bed room)until we banged on the wall.The room was not clean and had mould growing up the wall from the constantly dripping air conditioner that wasn't plumbed to the outside. Dirty linen.Wi-Fi that only worked late at night or early in the morning. The safe was not bolted to anything which didn't really matter because I couldn't get it to work anyway.
I would not recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ann w
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went with a friend to this hotel and stayed two nights. The check-in staff were unsmiling, unhelpful. The safe in the room had its battery removed, and when replaced it refused to work, and despite many efforts refused to unlock (door open). Also, it was not bolted to the furniture so anyone could have removed it anyway. The fixing bolts were still in their wrappers in the safe! The location was not ideal, another hotel is between the this one and the beach, and the ten metre advert from the beach is a joke. It is quite a long walk past the doors of many other rooms, and the room was disgusting. the only ventilation was either by opening the small windows at each end of the room, heavily curtained which made the room dark, or by leaving the door open. the bathroom was not ventilated, just had a small window with two fixed panes so anything left in there wet, remained wet. The furniture in the room was old and needed a good clean. Quite disgraceful considering the price charged.
Food? forget it - breakfast not included so we had to go and search, and the choice nearby was POOR. There is not a fresh-water shower anywhere near, so after a swim in the sea no way to shower or remove salt water from swimming things. not an experience to be repeated, sorry but that is the way it was. glad to get home to Penang.

Room Tip: Avoid room 124. Furniture old and shabby, reported safe not working, still not working two days lat...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eddie M
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Best area to stay in Langkawi (hotel on the beach side ) and very near the duty free grog shop.
As there is no breakfast included dont worry there is western and local everywhere outside your hotel door at a great price .The hotel staff where great and efficient , The deluxe rooms where good ,clean and comfortable with good A/C for the 160myr a night . We stayed only a month ago at the sunset (just down a couple of hotels) same kind of accomadation but it was 275myr with breakfast so for some where to have a good nights sleep and then go and see all the attractions in Langkawi this is very good value.

Room Tip: Go the deluxe room (big ,good A/C) and can get duel rooms if you are a family or group plus has a l...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenlee1963
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The hotel/resort is on the beach side, very clean and lovely. Staff are nice and friendly. But they are always late, we had to wait 1 - 1.5 hours for our car every morning. The big boss's name is Shrukri. You should note down his mobile number and chase him to get the things done.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Sack_Artist2002
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I'm really disappointing with front office staff, named Ros. She really rude, not helping at all. Back to my experience, I booked this resort with agent in Kuala Perlis Jetty. I was informed that the Deluxe Room was RM 140. He convince us to choose this resort due to a very good location and it cheaper than walk in price. After considering that we're travelling in a family and a baby on board, I just proceed with RM 30 deposit (paid to agent) & the balance to be pay when check in.
When my family and I reached the resort, the above mentioned front office staff informed that the price is RM 150. Even the different was just RM 10, it really make me angry when i had been answered by that lady with 'That is your problem with that agent. This is our price here. If you have problem with this, contact that agent back'.
When I told her that this issue caused by the resort official agent who doing the promotion outside, the resort must beared the different. With the prove of booking receipt which all amount clearly written by that agent, she dare doing amended on that receipt, wrote RM 150 (delete the amount RM 140 before). When I asked to sign and acknowledge that the new rate write by her, she refuse. Then she replied, 'We have a lot of agents doing promotion, not afford to monitor one by one what they doing'. And keep told me to contact that agent by myself for the wrong information given if I still not satisfied. Yes, i'm not satisfied cause at least i'm deserve for an apologize for this inconvience. I keep told her, the resort management need to responsible because it not customer fault. The management appointed the agent to promote, hence need come with fully responsible if any lack by the agent.
After a while of argument, she kept going to the back office, keep me waiting at resort lobby with no reason. She not even say sorry at all, or at least asking whether want to proceed with check in (with additional charges paid by my own or cancel the booking). Finally due my top priority is my family and it was a late afternoon with a very hot whether, I paid RM 120 (with extra RM 10) & proceed to the room.
For those who was stayed here, I believe you been received this poor hospitality. Overall, i'm only not satisfied with the service given by this staff named Ros. To management, please train your front office with the hospitality knowledge and be prepare to welcome a guest with smile as Malaysian well known in great hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family