Requires alot of walking. English is spoken, so ask???
We spent a great (low cost) month in Malaysian.
After KL, we took a night train up to a ferry to Penang Island. Afew days later, we took another ferry up to Langkawi. We took a taxi to DE BARON RESORT. It was advertised as cheap, breakfast included. Also wi-fi.
It's a very pretty view of the oceon, islands and boats.
The place is for Malaysians to come and relax. I saw only 2 europeans and no americans. The "resort" places are further down the road.
There was the main building plus one across the street. Therer's no balconies, but the main building had windows facing the ocean.
The free breakfastto was very!! local,so I ate bread/jam and fruit. For 500 ringgits ($1.67), you can upgrade to an american breakfast, which is waffles/omelets.
NOTE!!!!!!!:First nite, eat at restaurant on the water and a great!!! view.--an
WI-FI: the password is on the papers you get on singing in
we had a hard time signing in finally. We had to sign-in every time we want
to use the internet.
What to do while there(every one speaks english, so just ask ???n the water.
1. Eat at the hotel restauran outsde on the water.
2. Island-hopping. The hotel travel agent was never there, so we went thru the
front door, saw a metal rooft (the right side) thru the parking lots to buy the
next day tickets. The tour leaves from the same place. It's great!!!
3. night market(on wed nits?) has satays
drinks,and various snacks. Locals buy and take home for dinnr.
Go out the doorleft on street until another street go left. Go to an on-ramp
turn right, down that street.(watch traffic!!!!!!)
4. langkawi cable car--we were walking around and saw a taxi. (you do not see
on the street but, the front desk will call one for you. Ask the price first!!! He
drove us 30 min, then came back to take us back.The price is good.
They have a great steep cable car and fatastic views.
5. wonderland--It has huge shrimp, local food, and very clean. Go out the door
left on street until another street go left. stay on left side for 15 minute
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your De Baron Resort Langkawi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Baron Resort Langkawi Hotel Langkawi