“The food was good sitting alone in an empty restaurant isnt so much..”
Review of Privilege Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

Privilege Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Malaysian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Elegant and intimate indoor Malaysian restaurant located on the first floor overlooking Telaga Harbour Marina. Privilege restaurant offers a degustation and a la carte menu with a fusion of Malay, Chinese and Indian influences. The bar offers a wide selection of wines, champagne and sparkling wine by the glass to enhance your dining experience. Wide selection of classic, house specialty and spicy cocktails and mocktails are available.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The food was good sitting alone in an empty restaurant isnt so much..”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

i saw the reviews on tripadvisor and since my hotel is only 20 mins walking from here i thought i had to go there, the Restaurant is located on the first flore its a little bit dificult to see because the other restaurants are all with a terrace on the boulevard and with this restaurant you have to walk up a flight of stairs to go there.
When i was eventually there i saw to my surprise that there was no other diners inside,( i arrived at 18:45) and the whole time i was eating (for about an hour) there were no other diners coming in the place, despite the waiters telling me a lot of tables were booked.
Because i was there alone the waiters had a habit of standing behind me watching me eat all the time, which i really hate and this is not the first time it happened, I am beginning to think its a common thing in Asia because I had similar experience in Bali Singapore and elsewhere in Malaysia, next time i just have to ask them to stand somewhere else I guess.

The food itself was good i had the Roasted Duck Breast which was good but could have a lot more potential, eating the duck meat with the fat of the skin gave a strange texture while eating, it could have been a lot nicer if they made crackling of the duck fat but off course it cant be perfect ;)

• Visited July 2013
Peter_Ting, Owner at Privilege Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Philippe_11983,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are delighted that you had enjoyed your meal here.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
“Very, very disappointing”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had high hopes for the restaurant after reading the reviews. However, we were disappointed. I am vegetarian (not a good thing in Langkawi!) and found the food almost tasteless. My partner had lamb samosas and then chicken with oats. For the first time ever, he didn't even eat half of it! Amazing. This is not an island for foodies, but I was surprised by how poor the food was after the reviews. They do try to make it a nice atmosphere, providing a palate cleanser between courses, but sadly it didn't help!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Lauren24
Dear Lauren24,
Thank you for sharing your experience. We do appreciate the feedback and understand that it is made constructively. These comments will be useful when we are making improvements.
We do hope you had a great time in Langkawi.
Hong Kong, China
“Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Langkawi”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I went to PR during my stay in Danna. PR serving a high quality Malaysia Style food. Staff and the food are very well. I will surely come again.

• Visited June 2013
Dear DerrickLeung,
Mendham Township, New Jersey
“Amazing gem of a place...”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Great ambience,great food- service fantatsic
Well worth a visit. Book as its small and fills up quick

Visited July 2013
Peter_Ting, Owner at Privilege Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Naruto7860,
Singapore, Singapore
“Hard to fault - an out of the way treasure”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It is doubtful that I would have tried this restaurant had I not been staying in a nearby hotel. Had I not I would have missed out on an excellent meal. The Ostrich Rendang was excellent and only mildly spicy. The peanut sauce that accompanied this was especially good. I would have liked to have tried the arisa - which is a Johor dish - but was more than happy with the rending. I also tried the Indian Chai ice cream for dessert. The ice cream had a good smooth understated chai flavour but unfortunately was let down slightly by having ice crystals that caused a little crunchiness.

The location of this restaurant works against it - unless you stay at Telaga Harbour it is a bit of a trek.

• Visited July 2013