“Wonderful service, very good staff”

Istanbul restaurant Cafe, Turkish Delight
Ranked #239 of 492 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2012

First, the location pin on on the map needs to be fixed. Second, the service was excellent, staff seem committed and happy. They indulged my kids with cartoons and special plates. The order was taken well, the service from the Turkish waiter was great. The food could've been better. I'd recommend the koftehs, the kebab was a bit lumpy and should've been grilled longer. Overall a good place to eat, albeit a bit pricey. But the service was more than enough to make up for it.

1  Thank FDubai

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Wow nice change from rice and noodles we had the kebab with lamb and eggplant, fresh bread and tapas highly recommend

Reviewed October 5, 2011

We went here to have something different.

The anatolia kebab was very nice with very nice fresh bread.

The kofte was ok (my reference is real kofte in Turkey!). The lamb meat was not seasoned enough for my taste and the texture was not right (possibly too much bread added to the mince). The rest of the dish was fine.

The portions are reasonably large and the price is cheap compared to Europe. We paid 90RM (including 2 small bottles of mineral water and 1 glass of red wine).

Reviewed September 26, 2011

Between the Light House Beach Restaurant and Sunset Beach Resort is the Hungry Monkey. It is aTurkish style restaurant which serves delicious food. We had several exceptional dips and breads to share with beers. Service was friendly, helpful and effiecient. Prices were very reasonable, decor attractive and altogether it was a lovely lunch experience.

1  Thank jan078
Reviewed August 29, 2011

My boyfriend is from Turkey, so he was quite excited to find Turkish cuisine in Malaysia. The owner is from Turkey and has done an excellent job in creating an inviting atmosphere. The food here is excellent. We ordered the babaganoush which was so delicious with the fresh bread. I had the iskendeer kebab which was absolutely amazing. We also had kenife for dessert and it was wonderful. My boyfriend was quite impressed with the food and I was more than happy. I found the prices reasonable, considering everything in Langkawi is pricey, but you definitely get large portions for the price. I would definitely eat here again and recommend this place to friends.

Also, the service was great. The waitress was quite nice and informative and the owner was a pleasure. Thanks for the great food and experience!