We booked a few nights at Temple Tree as the last leg of our honeymoon. I'd always wanted to go to Langkawi but I knew (from being a travel agent) that the bigger fancier resorts at Langkawi were generally overpriced and a little overrated. So when I found Temple Tree and Bon Ton Resort (next door) - through Trip Advisor - I was excited about staying somewhere a little different and was hoping to be very happy with my choice.
Well... I was absolutely in love with the place from the first minute to the very last. We felt immediately at home thanks to all the lovely welcoming staff.
Things to love about Temple Tree and Bon Ton:
- Welcome drinks
- Great coffee
- The food at both Temple Tree and Bon Ton is amazing! Make sure you eat at both (many times).
- Service in the restaurant at Temple Tree is perfection, and likewise for Bon Ton.
- Our house 'black and white house' was gorgeous! Stylish, colourful, quirky, luxurious, and spacious. Two waterfall showerheads, a japanese bath which was surprisingly very comfortable with two people!
- The swimming pools are heaven. Love the long skinny pool!
- Afternoon snacks by the pool - lovely surprise and tasty morsels
- The staff (and special mention to the manager) were incredibly helpful and efficient. They booked us a hire car which arrived in 15 minutes, a fabulous massage nearby and a mangrove tour which was excellent (Dev's Adventure tours).
- The cats around the place are gorgeous and we loved their company.
- The local malay food night at Bon Ton
- Best laksa ever at Bon Ton restaurant !
- Awesome cocktails!
- Great wines! and the staff remembered which wines I liked
Overall a fabulous experience and we can't wait to go back and spend more time lounging by the pool and eating laksa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Though classified as B&B/Inn, Temple Tree is actually more of a boutique resort of many cultures, an eclectic mix of heritage chic...Antique buildings of Chinese, Malay, Indian and Eurasian origin, make up this 8 villa hotel, with 8 rooms & 6 suites now open. Each building has, over its 70-110 year old history, created its own heart and soul. Hopefully we have given due respect to each of these family homes with the restoration process. These houses are now the continuing the story of people who live in them, our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Temple Tree at Bon Ton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Temple Tree At Bon Ton Hotel Langkawi