“Not as bad as made out to be”
Review of Kitta Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Kitta Seafood Restaurant
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Not as bad as made out to be”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've read a few reviews of this place and they weren't very good. I stopped there while driving past one day and had lunch there.
The menu had prawns cooked with dry red chillies (like a Kung Pao). I asked if they'd substitute the normal prawns with a Mantis Prawn and they did. They picked out a big one from the tank and cooked it as I'd asked and served it with steamed rice. It was very nice, expensive but very nice. The other dish I tried was disappointing.

• Visited March 2012

• Arabic first
Ipoh, Malaysia
“Cheaters!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

At first looked nice. Food was ok only. Very expensive ordered only 1fish, 1 vege and a bean curd. Charged us rm112 for 2 people. Full of mosquitoes. And owner says cannot do anything about mosquitoes. Unless u have too much of money and dunno what to do with it, please don't go here

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Poong126
North Berwick, United Kingdom
“Rip off.”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

This place is a complete rip off, the food is sub-standard, definitely do not order prawns or you will be charged astronomical prices. Hygene lacking, mossies biting etc.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank Cam S
Stockholm, Sweden
“The disgrace of Langkawi. Still trying to forget our first honeymoon dinner.”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Our honeymoon in Langkawi have started with a horrible dinner.

Unfortunately due to internet connection problems, we did not check the reviews in trip advisor regarding this horrible place. It is located very close to our hotel (which is fantastic by the way) and it is advertised as well in a free tourist map. We were really hungry during our first night in Langkawi and we did not know where to eat so we decided to go to this side street restaurant which supposed to have good seafood. We ordered a glass noudle soup , lobster and mantis prawns. We also had apple juice which was ok (mostly ice but drinkable).

I really dont know from where to start:
1)The restaurant looks really old and dirty, full of dust and insects. You can even smell the cows that are sleeping close to this place.
2)Everything was served in plastic.
3)The actual quantity of juice in the glasses was 1 finger. All the rest was ice.
4)In the soup we found ants..
5)None in the "restaurant" takes care to protect customers from insects like mosquitos. In most of the restaurants in Langkawi they put something by the table to keep insects away.
6)Mantis prawns was the worst fish I have ever had. Almost non cooked , no taste, and extremely expensive. The personnel did not inform us what was the weight of the prawns and we were forced to pay around 150 RM ( 38 euros) for a horrible course.
6)Lobster was bit tasty BUT the real eatable meat was very little. The total weight of the lobster was 500gr and the meat was like 30gr. Another 150 RM ( 38 euros) for this.

Then we asked for the bill and surprise surprise: 375 RM or 95 euros in Langkawi Malaysia for a horrible dinner in a side street dirty old restaurant.. For the same amount of money we could have had at least 3 times excellent dinner in some of the best restaurants on the island.

It took us 3-4 days to forget this horrible experience and I was knocking my head to the wall that we were unlucky not to be able to read any reviews for this place in advance. This was a lesson and since then we have excellent dinner options in other places (i will write reviews very soon). We are still in the island and we are trying not even to look at this restaurant when crossing the street.

I really wish that no one else will experience this ever.

• Visited September 2012
10 Thank Efthymios K
“Worse than a kick in the face with a golf shoe”
Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

To start my mum was crying because of how rude the staff were then once she saw the bill it only made it worst. I ordered chicken (they said they had only frozen chicken too)then 30 mins later after my partners mother had had her food for 20 mins I was told that they had no chicken. I then order what had to be the most tasteless beef I've ever had in my life. My farther and partner had ordered normal smaller prawns but were told they had none so they got tiger prawn which when asked were told about 150-200g each leather the bill said different of 250g for one my partner had and then 550g for two my father had. The (ice cold) fried rice arrived long after all meals had arrived. The lobster my mum got was small and had battered maybe 80g of meat apparently lobster(that tasted like bad fish). The shell that the plate was decorated with was cold and inside looked bad. I made sure I cracked it bad and the tail shell bad so that they cannot reuse the shell(like I'm sure they're doing) for the months to come and but bad or not lobster meat inside of it again and again for others. The bill arrived and that lobster was apparently 750g which it was nowhere near. ( I later at another restaurant got one that was bigger weighed and it was 659g) . Remember the chicken dish I order that they had run out of so I couldn't get, that was on the bill as well as 2 beers and 1 coke more than we had. Like I said worse than a kick in the face with a golf shoe. STAY CLEAR!!!

3 Thank Brett O