“Great budget option in the middle of the town”
Review of The Cabin Langkawi

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Langkawi
The Cabin Langkawi
Ranked #29 of 145 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great budget option in the middle of the town”
Reviewed January 8, 2011

We stayed at the Cabin for a week and really enjoyed the experience. The rooms are small but had everything you need for a laid-back holiday. Although it's on the main drag we were never disturbed by noise at night and the beach is only a couple of minutes away. The staff were very welcoming, friendly and kept the room clean, changing bedding and towels every day. Free wi-fi is included and worked well.
Very minor negatives:
- Because they aren't luxury hotel rooms there is no storage so clothes stay in the suitcase until needed.
- Cable tv was advertised but it was limited to a couple of extra channels; movies and cartoons (no news channel). Children won't complain though!

All in all, a very imaginative solution to budget accomodation at a very high overall standard.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I took my family to langkawi to wrap up 2010 and I am so happy everything worked out well especially the accomodation at theCabin.
We got 2 connecting rooms, one whole cabin for 7 of us for 2 nights.
I love the strategic location right in the middle of all u need at Cenang beach.
U can shop, eat, get massage within walking distance.

The place is extremely clean, surrounding outside the room is very well kept. Nothing fancy or extravagant but it does catchy elements. with nice, cute lighting decoration at night and the laser light at entrance floor that my son luv so much.

The room is very nice for the price. The nice bed, the shower, the tv...well I wud say I get all I need in vacation for rest after whole day out exploring the island. Just good enough. No complaint. Wortth every single cents I spent here. I would definitely come again to this place.

But management may need to consider about controlling mosquitos and ants. I didn't get bitten by mosquito but there's quite mosquitos and ants in the bathroom on my second day, though they didn't cause any problem to me.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed November 14, 2010

good points:
It's a nice hotel, with a good price/quality ratio, room is cleaned every day and towels are changed every day.
Room size is ok, but they dont have any wardrobe to put your clothes in.
Tv only has a few english channels but you are not going to langkawi to watch Tv :)
it's very well located, strictly 2minutes from the beach and from my favourite restaurant "yellow cafe"
the staff is really nice and really helpful.

negative point:
it's a little bit noisy and if your neighboor watch tv loudly you will probably be able to guess what he is watching, for the street noise it's ok after midnight and not before 10 am
The bathroom is not well conceived and the water doesnt drain as much as it could so it makes the room a little bit wet.
Wifi signal was weak

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Manchester
Reviewed October 12, 2010

we had a great time at the cabin, the room was clean and a good size and the towels were changed every day which is a real plus for this price. Location was great with one of the locals telling us about a short cut to the beach, restuarants and shops are really close (as they would be staying anywhere on the main drag)
Just wanted to make a speical mention of the customer service, all of the staff seemed to genuinly enjoy their job and were so friendly and helpful it made you feel like you were staying at a much more expensive hotel than we were.

We stayed here for 6 nights and coujld have stayed for longer, we had a family with small kids staying next door and we didn't hear a thing so people saying the rooms have thin walls didn't affect us.

Can't really recomend this place enough!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hopper13
KL
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed in Cabin for 3D2N during hari raya.Location is great just right infront of pantai cenang,5 minutes walking distance.Staffs service were good,i were having balcony door unable to lock issue and get fix on the sport. The room is clean and the mattress no weird smell as you know most of the old hotel room the mattress will have a kind of smelly smell.Hovewer,i'm not satisfied with the aircon. Not cooling at noon perhaps due to it is room in container guess heat easier.Besides,the washroom always in wet condition the water unable to flow out.Furthermore,room rate consider abit pricy as they just purely provide room to stay without gym,swimming pool,breakfirst,and etc.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Ipoh
Reviewed September 1, 2010

First and foremost, really good location. Shopping and eating places are just within walking distance. Yet, there is little hustle and bustle within the cabin's compound, It was like an oasis. It was so nice to come back at night because they had all these little lights which made it look like fairyland. The rooms and toilet were reasonably clean. The rooms were cleaned every day, and the towels changed, too. Our aircon leaked, too, but we just put the plastic rubbish bin under it. No bother. I slept beside the fridge but I didn't hear any noise coming from it and I slept soundly. Hotels in Langkawi aren't cheap and I think the Cabin was really value for money. I hope they do not forget to spend on maintenance as on expansion. As it was, the bottom of the bathroom frame was rotting because the water on the bathroom was not draining out properly. The pillows need to be changed and the bedsheet was greyish in color. Other than that, I'd be most pleased to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Having stayed here on NYE this is a nice place to stay. Had to catch an early flight out of Langkawi, the office was not open and it has taken me over 8 months to try to get my deposit back. After a number of calls & e-mail promising to return my deposit this still hasn't happened. I am very disappointed with the service and dishonesty from the management in this respect.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lonelytraveler78

Travelers are raving about these Langkawi hotels