“lovely setting, great food”

Breeze Lounge - The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #82 of 433 Restaurants in Langkawi
Cuisines: International
SURREY
“lovely setting, great food”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were staying at the Andaman and hired a car, so we decided to pop into the westin for lunch. The views are great, the food was lovely and I would definately recommend this place for a bite to eat with a leisurely drink.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank CATWOMAN10

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Vancouver, Canada
“nice view, good staff, terrible steak sandwich”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had some drinks and some food at this lounge.
The afternoon coffee that we had here was very nice. The view is superb. It's high up and you can look down at the hotel pool, the Andaman Sea, and the islands on the sea. I accidentally spilled my cappucino. The staff immediately moved us to the next best table and then gave me another cappucino for free. Very nice!
During happy hour, everyone gets a free drink. It's a specially made free drink, so don't expect anything super, but, hey, it's for free.
The dinner we had here wasn't good. Don't order the steak sandwich. The steak was overcooked, dry, and tasteless. It was covered in cheese and other things, which, I think, were put on in an attempt to hide the meat. Breeze Lounge offers other steaks...VERY expensive steaks (Australian Wagyu beef). However, I never saw anyone eating one of these steaks. Given the cost, and the poor quality of my modest steak sandwich, I wouldn't take the chance on anything this expensive.
Every night, there is live entertainment. While we were at the hotel, there were 3 women that sang to recorded music. They also took requests for songs. I thought it was okay, but would have preferred a live band.

• Visited April 2012
Cairo, Egypt
“late night Chilling in Langkawi”
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Late night band and live music by the sea side till after mid-night!
The band there is very good and welcoming to all guests, the Menu is mainly Malay food with a touch of westernized dishes...
No Reservation required, they serve on first come first serve basis
All the staff is really nice

The place is worth visiting if you are up late at night and find nothing to do in the quite nights of the city

• Visited January 2012