“Fantastic view, Fabulous food, Friendly people”

Tide Restaurant - The Westin Langkawi Resort & Spa
Ranked #55 of 423 Restaurants in Langkawi
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Scenic view, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic view, Fabulous food, Friendly people”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This place is one of the most amazing restaurant I have ever been. Watching the view of the beach, and the surrounding islands dotting the sea while the sun sets is truly a sight to behold. This restaurant is like a tent sticking out into the beach and when the curtains are up, offers these great views as well as the refreshing breeze from the sea. The food is superb. I had the lobster and beef tenderloin combo which was so good that I still can imagine it vividly. Ended the meal with a nice double-shot machiato. Though a little pricy, it is worth every penny here. Service is truly 5 star too. Will be back again next time!

• Visited August 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
“Fantastic dinner in a fabulous atmosphere”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We had dinner here recently just before sunset. View was magnificent. Try getting a table on the patio instead of the covered area. View of the sea and mountains was simply wonderful. Soft music in the background adds to the romantic atmosphere too.

We ordered the smoked salmon for starter. The presentation was beautiful and the fish was fresh and nicely done.
For main course, we had the Tuscany chicken and cod fillet. Both were very well done and amazingly delicious.

Service was efficient and attentive. Staff were all friendly and nice.

Dinner for two with drinks came up to roughly 250 ringgit on that evening which was reasonable given the environment and service.

Will definitely come again on our next trip to langkawi.

Vancouver, Canada
“A good casual hotel restaurant”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Tide is a covered outdoor restaurant in the Westin Langkawi hotel.
We ate here for lunch several times on our trip to Langkawi and had some simple dishes. The satays, curry rice, and Malaysian rice dishes were tasty and not too expensive (for a hotel). My wife loved the salad that she ordered. It was very fresh, tasty, and the portion was huge.
At night, Tide offers a variety of seafood. Unfortunately, I think they do not have any live seafood. It is all frozen. They offered traditional Malaysian cooking styles for their seafood. Unfortunately, we did not get the opportunity to try this.
In summary, all the food we had at Tide was good and the prices were reasonable. It's a nice place to go to if you want to stay around the hotel.

• Visited April 2012
Singapore, Singapore
“A Wonderful Dining Experience”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Food is Great! View is Superb! Service is Attentive! One of my favorite dining spot in Langkawi!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank BradTravel89
Langkawi
“Poetic environment”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

If you like to visit art gallery , scenery photo shooting, enjoy sunset view or even if you like colorful things, this will be your good spot for you.

I went to this restaurant twice with my favorite beverage : Jasmine pearls (green tea). At first, I was hanging around the hotel as I need more relaxation and inspiration after having a bad impact in my life.

It was around 7pm, my steps stop at the restaurant as my eyes attracted to the view which is surrounded the restaurant. The combination of contrast colors, when the sun is going down, the details of the mountains, kiosk and many more were moving to the sky, from green , brown and blue colors to black , orange and slightly red colors.

With Jasmine Pearls, I was totally enjoying the "painting". Done some photo shootings, some philosophy writing and some drawings. Then, the waiter/ waitress brought me the food (Salad) with gentle smile which made the food even looks tastier , honestly the food was beautifully prepared and served. Elegant tableware and slightly earth scent, sometimes slightly frog's sound and ventilation environment.

The good quality of food, painting like of view and characteristic spot, I would like to say that the taste not only fulfill my stomach but also my heart.

5 Thank nashkoor