“Forest Sanctuary”
Review of Rumah Holistic

Rumah Holistic
Ranked #4 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: A spa, wellness retreat and training centre in the nature, using holistic approach to relax, improve health and empower our body, mind and spirit. We provide regular massage classes, traditional massages & spa treatments, yoga, meditation, energy healing, Tai Chi Qi Gong & personal wellness retreats. We bring you into the nature and serendipity. Visit by appointment only.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We heard about Eric and this place from chris who stays there. the local adventure guide from dave confirmed that yes indeed he is one of the best,so we booked him for massage.
Well Eric falls into the same category of professional deep rooted therapist.
Clean place and tools, tiedy service. dedicated to what he does. takes his time to work on each muscle. cares aloooot about how comfortable his client is.
his location is a sanctuary.. 2 rooms and 1 massage room int he midst of forst right by a small river !! oh .. and a tiny hill ...
well my most professional experience with massage was in india. were an 80old couple gave us the most Methodical and knowledgeable massage ive had. cant give eric "the best" cause he is still not 80 yet :) . it was a highlight of this trip.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

We took a 2 hour massage with Eric and friend. We did the swedish and thai massage, both of which were great! We were lying beside each other in a nice little room.

Eric showed us around the place briefly. Amidst the forest right at his backyard, you can see dusky leave monkeys and macques. There is a herb garden and I understand they serve organic food. Looks like a great place to detox and get away from it all.

One thing to note: most of the masseurs are men, so if you prefer a lady masseur you'd need to inform them in advance. But Eric and his masseurs are very professional, there is nothing to worry about even if you are a lady.

highly recommended!

1  Thank Tengawa
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Booked myself and partner Chris in for a full body scrub, Malay massage and reflexology. On the journey there I've got to say I wondered where the taxi was taking us.... Forget the journey, forget the unusual location, forget the fancy/posh spa with its ridiculous prices, this is the best massage that I've ever had. Thank you so much Eric and Zaki, you made two 50 odd year olds feel good!!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This place is very near to the airport. Eric was waiting for me nearby Sheraton hotel and I followed his car to his spa. We saw a hornbill on the way. Eric pointed it to me while we were driving. Its very relaxing drive to his spa.

Speaking of the massage, it has been the best massage I've ever tried in Malaysia. I was lucky to get Eric to conduct the massage. I was having stomach bloating issue due to gas. I guess all the gas end up coming out during and after the massage. 3 days after the massage I feel a lot better. Now I'm back in KL working in the same boring office ! Checking for updates in Eric's page to join his retreat soon =)

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We weren't sure what exactly to expect, but Eric was a wonderful host and the 3-hours of treatments my wife and I had exceeded our expectations. Having a combination of a few services allowed us to fully experience the skills of Eric and his colleague. Well worth the long taxi ride into the jungle to the quiet and peaceful retreat. Highly recommended.