“Awesome Experience”
Review of Rumah Holistic

Rumah Holistic
Ranked #2 of 32 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: A spa, wellness retreat and training centre in the nature, using holistic approach to relax, improve health and empower our body, mind and spirit. We provide regular massage classes, traditional massages & spa treatments, yoga, meditation, energy healing, Tai Chi Qi Gong & personal wellness retreats. We bring you into the nature and serendipity. Visit by appointment only.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Langkawi, Malaysia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My partner and I had a double massage in Dec with Eric and his friendly offsider. Eric met us at the main road and we followed him up to his beautiful property. After a tour of the property we were welcomed with a herbal tea and foot bath/massage. This was followed up by a beautiful full body massage including scalp, with another herbal tea to finish. Wonderful service!

Visited December 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very good massage.”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Eric and his assistant have a simple but comfortable sanctuary in the jungle, where they give great massage. It can be as firm or light as you like but do say if it's too strong. The location is peaceful and is only 15 minutes by taxi from the southern resort hotels.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Billy K
Chiang Mai
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect Home-stay with the fabulous Eric!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Four of us stayed with Eric at the Rumah Holistic in December 2012. Eric picked us up from the airport and prepared a welcome BBQ for our arrival.The two double en-suite rooms were great. Eric served us a fantastic breakfast every morning, delicious fresh bread, jams, muesli, fruit and fresh juice. Eric also treated us to little snacks/tea throughout our stay. He has a kitchen which we were also welcome to use. If Eric was going into town (10 minute drive away) he would always offer us a lift and gave us detailed instructions to help us find our way back.
The stay with Eric was part of trip I planned as a surprise for my mum. I therefore spent a long time emailing Eric to ensure every detail was perfect and he did not disappoint. We required numerous massages and Eric took care of making it all fit into a schedule. I think between us we tried nearly every treatment Eric offered and they were all absolutely incredible. In addition to this I had also arranged to have yoga classes with Dorothy at 'Langawki Yoga'. Eric & Dorothy worked together to fit it all into our timetable and Dorothy came to The Rumah Holistic to teach us- Eric helped set up and put incense around to add to the beautiful jungle setting. When it rained one day Eric cleared out the massage room for us to have our class in- nothing was too much trouble. Eric also did all of our washing for us.
We were made so welcome and at home. Eric offered brilliant conversation and advice but did not impose on our reunion. He is such a kind spirited person that genuinely wants to give you the best experience he can. I can not recommend staying at the Rumah Holistic enough- if you want a few days of being pampered and surrounded by beautiful nature then this is the place to go!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank LauraFaye17
england
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Fantastic massage and reiki”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

If you want the real thing then this is the place to go. We booked well in advance so that I could specifically get my massage and reiki from Eric. However on the morning of our visit Eric contacted us to say that he had fallen and hurt his hands so my massage would be with his assistant. I was disappointed, until the massage started that is. Wow is all I can say. I have hip problems and he found the problem straight away. In fact he found every problem that I already knew about and some I didn't. Eric said that 3 other couples had cancelled because they couldn't have Eric. Their loss is all I can say. Eric was able to do my reiki which was amazing. Please don't be put off if you can't get Eric as his assistant is better than any massage I've had anywhere in Thailand or the UK

Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An Education & An experience”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Eric makes you part of his world. The massage room is part of his home, so it feels very personal. You are given tea and melon, to clease your kidneys and detoxing your body. The massage is vigorous, and I am a little bruised on my back, but the effects after the massage are brilliant. You feel relaxed, refreshed and revitalised. My skin was tingling as blood flow was increased. Excellent experience. Eric is a very knowledgable and calm individual who radiates positivity.

Visited February 2013