“Don't stay here !”
Review of Landcons Hotel

Landcons Hotel
Ranked #99 of 163 Langkawi B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The photos looked good on the internet, and that's about it. This place is a dump, on arrival staff were horrible, lift out of order, wifi out of order, the room was worn out & the bathroom was dirty.
The description of this place advertised on line by the hotel web sites & the Landcons Hotel its self, is not what you get. There is no fridge in the room, Sat tv doesn't exist & the only way you would get me in that filthy pool is to push me in. Booked for three nights & stayed one, just couldn't stand it. I would advise others to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martin c

Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for three nights. First of all its location is very good and convenient with a lot of restaurants and duty free shops within the few minutes walk. Saying this is the budget hotel - this is all about it. Rooms need renovation, bed linen and towels are washed out, the shower is good though and the staff is friendly and helpful. My major complain is about paper thin walls and noisy aircon that made my sleeping unbearable. In the room we could hear phone rining at the reception, loud music, kids crying, someone taking shower and so on.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel looks nice from the outside and looking at the renovations going on it may be quite a nice little hotel in the future, especially when the seaside hotels disappear as per the government plans for this area.

Sadly, however, renovation is the key word here. What may well be a nice hotel in time for winter break next year is currently a nightmare to stay in. When on holiday, to be woken up at 09:30 in the morning by power drilling directly above your room that literally shook the bed we were sleeping in is not to be expected. One day, would be bad enough...but noise was a huge issue throughout our stay. There is little consideration given to guests staying there now (I would assume 12pm (check out time) would be an apt time to work given that people can't check in till 2 and would cause the least disruption. But not here). We were offered another room without a window for the same price on the ground floor but declined as the room was stuffy and airless. In truth, I would have preferred to move to another hotel, but it is not easy to get a refund through Agoda and if you book for a number of days in advance and find the hotel is not up to scratch you are kind of stuck. A lesson learned here... book for the first night or 2 and change if needed. otherwise suffer endless phone calls to the agency who you booked through..

Additionally, one of the reasons I chose this over other places was the advertisement of internet in the room. Well, that's not true. There is a facility for this but it is not on and won't be till the construction is finished. Don't choose this place on that score.

Finally, the rooms are average. Fine for the money (circa 30 USD), I guess but very stuffy and all the windows open onto a public balcony/walkway which may not be to everyone's liking for privacy and security reasons. The doors are not sound proofed and you can here absolutely everything happening in the corridor; I assume that goes both ways. All services such as cleaning have to be requested and no toiletries beyond paper are provided. (Bring your own towel...as the hotel's weren't clean).

Finally, finally. There is little point in trying to complain as the manager, a Mr Asri apparently, is never there or has mysteriously gone out every time an inquiry for him is made. If you plan to stay here book 1 night and try it. if the construction is still on, get out while you can!

Room Tip: There are small chalets by the pool that will be good when the hotel is finished and are away from t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FraserB2012
Reviewed July 26, 2012

It is very convenient because of the location strategically just across Pantai Cenang, Underwater World, McDonald's and variety of restaurants and convenient store around the corner. However, some part of the hotel is under construction. Only 1 lift available. The room was okay for a budget travelers. Nice hot shower. But the television is horrible, but then again, we don't watch much TV because we spend more time outside. Overall just okay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

First the plus points - location wise, it's really convenient, just opposite of Underwater World and a couple of duty-free shops. Many restaurants and travel agents, also Internet cafes and laundry. Everything is within walking distance. And it's just a 5min walk to the busy Pantai Cenang. Swimming pool is nice and well-maintained.

Room was not cleaned during our two-night stay but that was not a problem to us. They do have a mini freezer and TV in the room. The room could do with some upgrading - when we sleep on the bed, it felt as if we have sunken into it! Air-cond was not cold enough and was noisy (sounded like a washing machine as my friend puts it). The window locks feel as if they can give in at any time. I do agree when I read about the security concern by the previous reviewer - the hotel has an open concept and just about anyone can get into the building without going past the lobby. There are stairs at the back of the bulding. They are going through extension so there is an on-going construction on the building next. However noise was not a major concern during our stay.

Yes, staff are not really friendly nor helpful. I guess they do not speak English. We were talking to them in Malay language and it took a while for them to warm up to us. Strange considering they are in the front desk, yet they are not very open. And they are lazy too. Once when we went to the reception, both staff were signalling one another to attend to us.

We stayed on 2nd floor, the last room, about five rooms away from the floor lobby which has the "Wifi zone" signage. Wifi signal was very poor in the room, even at the lobby it was slow.

Will we come back and stay here? Most probably NO, as although it is well located, there are also many other hotels along the road. And with a rate of 110RM / night, what was offered was not worth it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank highfever88
Reviewed March 5, 2012

When I make my booking through my travel agent,I emphasise that I want a place at pantai cenang and they inform me that they manage to get a place at a new hotel(some construction work is still going on).I don`t mind, cause my trip here this time is purely to survey the places and accomodation for a family clan holiday planned sometime mid 2012.The price plus its position is really an advantage and a real bargain and I can be sure to be back again with the whole clan.2 things though for the management to look into:
1. Improve the drainage in the bathroom where it easily gets flooded
2. Parking
Other than that we had a pleasant stay and the staff are wonderful.See you all again,definitely,and we`ll try the chalet this time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Hairi M
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We have a very bad experienced staying at Landcons Hotel. At the first place, the staffs are not welcome the guests who entered the hotel eventhough it is not a peak hour to them plus there is no other guest surrounds us. They should great us and say politely. What i want to highlight and touch here is about the receptionist's attitude that she was very ARROGANT, UNFRIENDLY & RUDE to the guests and it is not supposely happened. As the frontline person she should not act like that. It will brings bad impact to the hotel!!

Room Tip: I would like to advise that you should not stay at Landscon Hotel as you can get others hotel which...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family