“Long 2 hours ferry journey from Kuala Perlis Jetty to Langkawi Island”
Review of Langkawi Ferry

Langkawi Ferry
Book In Advance
More Info
$47.63*
and up
One-Way Ferry Ticket from Langkawi to Koh Lipe...
Ranked #48 of 63 things to do in Langkawi
Reviewed October 7, 2018

If possible, do opt to fly direct to Langkawi Island, especially those who will suffer sea sick as this ferry ride took approximately 2 hours. Suggest not to enjoy too much of the window view during your ferry ride to avoid sea sick, dizzy / vomitting

In my recent rides, I felt a bit dizzy & not very comfortable throughout my ride, could be it was with strong waves. So, I closed my eyes, had some sour plums & tried to have a short nap during my ride. So, I did not vomit luckily

The seats are very narrow, so if you know you need to go toilet very frequent/ wish to move around during the ferry ride, please do request to opt for the corridor seats when you purchase your ferry ticket.

Else if you seated on the window seat, then it would take time to move out from seat & you will need other passengers to stand up to allow you to move from your window seat to go to the toilet.

The ferry is clean & well maintained, life jackets are prepared & placed above the seats in the ferry

The air conditioner is not well spread, depends on your seats location e.g. those near window will be warmer

Suggest to be early as many passengers will lead for a long queue while boarding in the ferry. Also to avoid late departure then

Ohh ya...Do keep your ferry ticket so that you can enjoy duty free shopping before your last day at Langkawi Island & heading home ya :)

More of my travel cum lifestyle sharing ‍ via my blog, link at profile ya

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"jacket"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 3, 2018 via mobile

The fast ferry from penang to langkawi. Took around 2h30. Leaves from near the clock tower at penang. Cost 80MR

Journey was ok. But I guess if it's bumpy sea then bumpy ride.

Worst part. It's boring. Nothing to do except sleep or read. And it's really really cold. So wear a jacket!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

There are a few places you can catch the ferry from to get to Langkawi. We caught a bus from Butterworth to Kuala Perlis and then bought a one way ferry ticket from Kuala Perlis to Langkawi for 18RM. The ferry took a couple of hours. There was comfortable indoor seating and it was a lot smoother than I expected, despite there having been a storm the night before.
The ferry terminal is large, clean and modern. It felt kind of like arriving at an airport. There are quite a few touts at the terminal who will encourage you to rent a car or scooter from them. Right outside the building there are booths where you can rent vehicles or purchase tickets for various tours and activities. There is also a tourist information centre there which is quite useful.
The ferry terminal is not in the main tourist part of Langkawi and there is no public transport on the island. We caught a grab from the ferry terminal to our hotel which we found was the most convenient way to get there.

1  Thank bucketlisttravellers
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

I’m not that great on boats, was told it’s was a 90 minute ride which I thought OK not too long and shorter than the trip to Ireland. The trip was just under 3 hours, there are rows of seats and bad air con blasting out, smelt like fuel, windows are almost blacked out as for the toilets I didn’t venture in.
We got there safe and sound but I would not do it again, felt sick the whole time. Would not recommend, apparently the plane is just as easy, thankfully we are flying out of the island instead. The treat at the end is definitely this beautiful serene island, calm water, beautiful beach, awesome sunset!