“Thought we were going to drown!”
Review of Langkawi Ferry

Langkawi Ferry
Ranked #39 of 96 things to do in Langkawi
Reviewed January 4, 2013

DO NOT TAKE THESE BOATS! we took it, a family of 4 about 2 years ago and i still break down about it now. I thought the boat was going to capsize several times as the engine cut off in really rough seas in darkness in this tiny old boat! This journey was pure HELL. I was afraid of loosing all my family for a 4 hour ride! NEVER EVER AGAIN will i get on any boat without checking it out thoroughly before. There are other ways to go from Lankawi-Penang.

5  Thank Darren W
There are newer reviews for Langkawi Ferry

Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

Yelled at by staff, claustrophobic environment, no open airspaces to sit, this is a ferry disaster waiting to happen! Fly to Langkawi!!!

1  Thank Lisjane
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Have to queue for almost 20 minutes as only one counter open. Unfortunately we were seated at a very narrow seats. No rooms for luggage. Put everything on our laps.

1  Thank Salmah H
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

A sea-sickness inducing trip that was not only attributable to some rough water. The windows were opaque so no view was visible. The ladies in my party told me the toilets were so ghastly they were unusable.the floor under my seat was soaking wet - hopefully from sea water!

However, it was cheap and pretty much on time...

Watch out for rip-off baggage handlers on the Langkawi side who tempt those with many bags with large trolleys, but lead you to their principals who demand 10RM per bag!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Clean n nice. Almost passenger full in each trip. Prompt service. Helpful crew. Just that separate seat even purchase at same time.