“Nice waterfall”

and up
Umgawa Zipline Eco-Canopy Tour Langkawi Malaysia
Ranked #7 of 97 things to do in Langkawi
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nice view of water falls. Great place for simple jungle tracking. Must walk up to all the seven wells for self challenging. A should visit place for nature lover!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We drove our scooter here and paid the 1RM to park and then walked up the long hill for about 20 minutes (there were also stairs and a handrail). Along the way we saw at least 3 Monkeys and a large lizard, which I loved.

Once you get there you are right under the waterfalls, which were gorgeous and you could get as close as you dared (no handrails or ropes to keep you back).

We had read the sign warning that the water potentially dangerous to ingest so didn't go in the waterfall but a lot of other tourists and locals were splashing around, even going underwater in the small pool at the bottom of the falls. Unfortunately the bathrooms there were under construction so we didn't stay long.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

First I walked down and saw the fall, it was a nice siight but it was a bit crowded so I decided to walk the many steps to the top where I had a great refreshing swim and it was fun sliding of the rocks. Stayed there more than 1 hour and felt great. You can even go higher using the jungle trail but I did not do that.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

How could I rank it as 4 stars if it was our favorite place? Simply because we like it a lot even tough we have seen many other more spectacular falla. Its charm resides in the fact that you can swim at the feet of the falls. On a warm day (and God knows how many of these days we had), you sit there and just relax. A nice way to spend few hours. It worths the 211 stairs you have to climb to go to the main falls.

However, if you are crazy enough, climb to the top. After 638 stairs, I was expecting to die. Does it worth the pain? Maybe not. Throughout the years, the river digged seven circular holes in which you can just relax (the seven wells). Given that I was not having any sweat anymore once there, the fresh river was more than welcome. You can also climg higher in the jungle but we haven't done it. You have to be fit to try it but how many times will you have the chance to live such kind of experience/ So my advice, try it at least a little bit. Who knows?

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Make sure you are armed with plenty of water, a hat and sunblock, before you attempt to walk to the top. It can be very hot and thirtsy work! At the top, depending on how much rain there has been, is a waterfall and large splash pools. My family spent an hour enjoying ourselves up there before the arduous walk back.