“SENSATIONAL”

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“SENSATIONAL”
Reviewed October 27, 2010

Wow.... my partner and I firstly tried the Ishan spa which I rate as 'very average' - but then happily discovered Alun Alun! We had, manicures, pedicures, foot massages, full body treatments and milk baths - and all treatments were fantastic! The staff were exceptional, very informative and the attention to detail was 10/10. The ambience of the spa was relaxing with dim lighting and beautiful floral footbaths before treatments, We had the best massages and was sad to say goodbye to their wonderful hospitality, and they gave us a beautiful 'thankyou' gift - a lovely touch. I cannot recommend this spa enough. Thankyou :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oslo
“The best experience ever!”
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I just got back from a vacation at Langkawi where I tried out two SPA's, thhe first one i tried was at our hotel Holiday Villa, it was okey, I only had pedicure there, but it wasn't optimal.
I tried the hot oil massage and manicure at Alun Alun SPA and it was the best experience ever, the staff was truly great and very service-minded and the treatment was heavenly!!
I really recommend this SPA to everyone, even my parents tried a massage together and my very sceptical father was convinced.. not bad!

India
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“wonderful spa experience!!!”
Reviewed November 4, 2009

My husband and I had the back and the foot massage. The staff was excellent and also friendly. The environment was very calm and soothing. The cost wasn't much compared to our hotel (the Westin). very professional and totally satisfying experience..

Kuala Lumpur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Bad and unprofessional service”
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My bf and I took the couple program treatment at Alun Alun Spa at Pantai Tengah next to the row of hotels where Holiday Villa is. The program we took has the following:

1. flower bath
2. massage
3. spa facial
4. foot reflexology

First - The flower bath water is burning hot

Second - Massage is real bad. The masseur is not a professional trained one but rather just an ordinary local who only knows how to squeeze ur back. Her fingernails are long that she squeezed my thigh with it causing so much pain that I actually automatically screamed because of the pain. I told her that it's pain and her fingernails are causing it, but she do not understand ENGLISH.
Then, she starts massaging my head which she didn't know she's actually pulling my hair strands out. I told her to skip massagnig my head because I didn't want my hair to be risked pulling all out by her but she again, she DON'T UNDERSTAND. Later on, she continues massaging my head.
When it came to SPA facial, this is the worst part. When it came to massagnig my face with those face oil, she dab so MUCH oil on my face whcih generally even leaked to my neck that I doubted her skills and started massaging badly with her fingers. I told her I want to skip this and asked her to wash away those oil with the cleanser. She said YES but she continue massaging which means SHE DON'T UNDERSTAND. I have to say STOP and asked her to wash with cleanser. She finally understood but she doesn't understand washing with cleanser. So she just used the sponge and wipe my face with water. I told her for more than 3 times to wash with cleanser but she continues wiping my face with the sponge soaked with water.
I have to finally call her manager in.

This the worst expensive spa service I have ever paid which is not worth it at all. No trained staffs and professional service provided.

4 Thank Spongejo
singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Bad Service At Alun Alun Spa - Langkawi”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I would like to share my recent experience at Alun Alun Spa (Pantai Cenang), the one which is situated opposite the Casa Del Mar. We called up to ask if they could arrange transport from and to our hotel and was told they could. Our transport arrived on time at 8pm. The good service ended here. My husband and I were ushered into a treatment room for 2 although we had earlier requested for separate rooms. While the therapists were washing our feet, the receptionist came in and told us that they could not arrange for a return transport as the packages we had asked for did not make up to Ringgit 500. Basic aromatherapy body massage costs from Ringgit 130 so we would have to add-on other treatments which we were not keen. We decided to continue with the balinese massage since we were already there. I had an extremely un-relaxing massage as one of the therapists was coughing and sneezing throughout the one hour massage and I was really afraid that it was the H1N1 virus. (Thankfully both of us had not develop any symptom associated with H1N1 since our return). The tea which was served to me after the treatment contained an insect, we decided to just pay and leave the distasteful spa. When we were presented the bill, there was a 10% service charge which was not told to us upfront and the earlier spa (Ishah Spa) which we went to had not charged us (incidentally Ishah Spa which is another 7-10mins drive away arranged for transport from and to our hotel with their compliments). The spa also refused to book a taxi for us, saying that it would be cheaper if we flag it by the roadside. My husband asked if we could pay the driver who drove us from the hotel to send us back and the spa receptionist said that the driver had gone home and called it a day. Our Langkawi holiday had been good until this bad service provided by Alun Alun Spa. I am sharing this so that someone else do not need to go through the same experience and have their holidays marred by it.

6 Thank 4everh0ls