“THE SERVICE WITH A GENTLE SMILE”
Review of Alun Alun Spa

Alun Alun Spa
Ranked #2 of 33 Spas & Wellness in Langkawi
Reviewed September 9, 2011

ALUN ALUN SPA is housed in the Bay View Hotel, Kuah, Langkawi. Our stay for three nights there was a part of my birthday treat to my husband. At the time of checking-in I noticed the smiling teenager on the Spa Desk in the main lobby.

Later in the way we booked for several treatments for us. The tranquil ambiance of the Spa, mesmerizing decor and the personalized, gentle service from all who attended us left a great feeling of comfort. I had Herbal Facial, Foot Massage, Manicure and Body Press whilst my husband Ashraf had Foot Massage and Reflexology.

The Owner was kind enough to give us good discount. We definitely would come again on our next visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

After a hellish spa experience at our hotel. Alun Alun Spa was like heaven.

The service is excellent - from the time you enter and book an appointment, to all of their serviceable attitudes, how they settle you and wash your feet/serve you ginseng tea - all before bundling you up and ushering you straight into one of the many well-designed spa suites spread out on the property. Price-wise, it was more than reasonable considering its central location (we went to the one along the beach), range of services, availability, excellent service etc.

I think a massage is a very personal and intimate experience - you are naked on a table with only a towel, seriously - so every little detail counts towards making one feel comfortable, and relaxed. This is what Alun Alun Spa specialises in - the attention to detail and we truly appreciated it.

Can't fully describe everything that we were so happy with, but let's just say we absolutely had to return the next day and did a two-hour body massage each and didn't want to leave.

I would highly recommend a visit to Alun Alun Spa - and spend lots of time there - if you are heading to Langkawi!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

As I usually stay in Tropical Resort, Alun Alun Spa is just seconds away - it's the shop right in front of where we stay. We have always been curious about the massages so we asked Laila, the owner of Tropical Resort and she said the massages are very good. Taking her advice, we took a 2-hour package for full body massage. The massage is very good and the masseur takes care to ask if you can handle the pressure. The 2 hours went by in a flash and we really felt rejuvenated at the end of the session. I would go back again!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

We did the Tip-Top back and shoulder massage and loved every minute of it. We combined it with a Foot Reflexlogy. Total time was 1 hour.

The place was clean, organized, relaxing, private. All this while being right on the main road of Pantai Cenang - bang opposite Casa Del Mar and the beach!!

Most importantly the masseurs were really good, their training showed in the way they applied pressure and were responsive to even small winces and aches.

LOVED IT. Will certainly go back .... I hope they keep it up!!

Reviewed July 2, 2011

We went to the one at City Bayview Hotel. It is easy to find the place by taxi. Excellent service, clean and relaxing. Price stated on the website is reasonable, however it comes with a 10% service charge for all massages/spa which make the cost slightly steep. If price is not a concern, definitely worth going. The lady boss offered to send us back to our hotel. Suggest you book and if you don't know the place, ask the boss to send her driver to pick you up.