“Made our langkawi holiday Special”

Langkawi Canopy Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are bored of hanging around at the beach all day, the canopy adventure is the right thing to do for you!2-3 Hours of adrenalin rush, fun and adventure. Finally a tour that lives up to his name! It's a mix of hiking, climbing, balancing, abseiling and sliding through the jungle. Some things you have to do look easier than they really are, others look totally scary but are pure fun once you took the plunge.The scenery during the activity is breathtaking, especially towards the end of the tour when you zipline into a very very tall tree and there is only one way down!!! It is a somehow weird feeling standing 30 meters above ground and somebody is telling you to just lean back. But when you are back on the ground afterwards you wanna do it again. Definitely come back to Langkawi and do this trip again! Highly Recommended!
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I brought my teens to both the kayak at mangrove swamp and canopy adventure. If you have time for just one activity, go for the canopy adventure. It is exhilarating, fun and memorable. Ash and Api were experienced and you can rest assured that you are in good hands. They always made sure that we abide by safety procedures.

Highly recommended!

in 24 reviews
"adrenaline"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed May 2, 2013

If you're up for a bit of a thrill seek in langkawi this is it! The guys are really knowledgable and I felt safe the whole time. It was great to get out into the jungle and api was pointing plant and animal life out to us the whole way. The course itself was great and gave good views. The 140m flying fox at the was exhilarating. Loved the whole lot and would defiantly do it again. Cheers guys! Jesse

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The day I started planning our Langkawi trip, I had one mission, and it was to make sure I experience the Langkawi Canopy Adventures! I convinced my husband that it was going to be totally safe and one of the best things we'd every do, and I was right. This adventure surely did not disappoint. Our tour guides, Ashraff and Api, were very nice and encouraging. They put our safety first and we felt very safe in their hands. We were joined by 4 Swedes, who quickly became our friends. We came upon various obstacles, the first being the 700 stair climb up the mountain, followed by the rope bridge walk, climbing up a tree, short ziplining, abseiling, and the longer ziplining where we ended up on the branches of a 30m high tree from which we then abseiled down to the ground! What a treat! Though I suggest only the daring and not faint-hearted people go on this adventure, I think it's extremely safe and a brilliant experience for those, like my husband, who need to be pushed and coaxed into going along!

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank KikiK519
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I contacted Canopy Adventures through the website and received prompt replies from Ashraff answering all my questions. They were flexible to fit my schedule, as it wasn't quite busy season yet (went in mid Dec).

When the taxi arrived at the meeting point, Ashraff immediately coordinated with the driver to arrange the pick-up without my asking, which was nice (in case people forget). But note there is an extra charge taken by the taxi driver since it's a pickup.

It was raining the evening before and early morning of my booked date, and so i was a little concerned about whether there would be any cancellation or safety concerns. But I guess the weather is always like that, and it didn't seem to concern Ash or Api.

There are restrooms available nearby so you can go before you get suited up in the gear. I brought along my own insect repellent in my backpack but they also had some prepared. I booked alone, but there was another girl who joined me that morning.

Safety was never a concern, as Ash and Api know exactly what they are doing and are encouraging the entire course. The lines and mats over the boulders were a bit wet, and on the first abseil i did slip towards the bottom, and they made sure i was okay and not hurt.

For photos, I was hesitant to ask them to help me during the first few "legs". But they were more than willing to help me when i asked. The other girl and i also ended up taking photos for each other and arranged to email swap them.

I have ziplined and abseiled before, but each time there's still the hesitation and adrenaline right before you take the leap or first few steps. All the legs had their own challenges (you wouldn't guess it by looking at Api and Ash throughout the course) and the variety between them all were great.

Personally I enjoyed the last leg the best! During the forest trek before/after Api pointed out some of the wildlife, and overhead we also heard the Hornbills and their flapping wings, which was amazing.

On the way back down to the parking lot, there were lots of families in the park area and in the water. I would have loved to go back up for pictures, but the taxi was already waiting for me when we got back to the van to take off the all the equipment.

Both Api and Ash are super friendly, and answered all the random questions i asked them. Great company with so much experience -- would definitely recommend to others.

Date of experience: December 2012
4  Thank ShazUCLA
See more reviews
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a challenge for the uninitiated to climbing and aerial fun. The hardest part is the walk up the hill to commence the course! After that you're in really good hands. Ash and Appi are super professional and always in control.
These guys put your safety first, the gear is in good order and your coached and coaxed all the way by these top order professionals.
My partner had never done anything like this before and had a ball, smiles all round. We did the full version and it's certainly worth the extra time and effort.
There are some good challenges and some super fun zip lines - the longest is sixty metres way up in the air ending in a huge fig tree before you rapell down to the ground.
Totally awesome morning out with some really nice guys. Well worth it, do this activity over parasailing any day.

Date of experience: December 2012