“Fun and safe (sometimes scary)...every leg of the course.”

Langkawi Canopy Adventures
Ranked #14 of 55 Tours in Langkawi
More attraction details
Owner description: If you are bored of hanging around at the beach all day, the canopy adventure is the right thing to do for you!2-3 Hours of adrenalin rush, fun and adventure. Finally a tour that lives up to his name! It's a mix of hiking, climbing, balancing, abseiling and sliding through the jungle. Some things you have to do look easier than they really are, others look totally scary but are pure fun once you took the plunge.The scenery during the activity is breathtaking, especially towards the end of the tour when you zipline into a very very tall tree and there is only one way down!!! It is a somehow weird feeling standing 30 meters above ground and somebody is telling you to just lean back. But when you are back on the ground afterwards you wanna do it again. Definitely come back to Langkawi and do this trip again! Highly Recommended!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I contacted Canopy Adventures through the website and received prompt replies from Ashraff answering all my questions. They were flexible to fit my schedule, as it wasn't quite busy season yet (went in mid Dec).

When the taxi arrived at the meeting point, Ashraff immediately coordinated with the driver to arrange the pick-up without my asking, which was nice (in case people forget). But note there is an extra charge taken by the taxi driver since it's a pickup.

It was raining the evening before and early morning of my booked date, and so i was a little concerned about whether there would be any cancellation or safety concerns. But I guess the weather is always like that, and it didn't seem to concern Ash or Api.

There are restrooms available nearby so you can go before you get suited up in the gear. I brought along my own insect repellent in my backpack but they also had some prepared. I booked alone, but there was another girl who joined me that morning.

Safety was never a concern, as Ash and Api know exactly what they are doing and are encouraging the entire course. The lines and mats over the boulders were a bit wet, and on the first abseil i did slip towards the bottom, and they made sure i was okay and not hurt.

For photos, I was hesitant to ask them to help me during the first few "legs". But they were more than willing to help me when i asked. The other girl and i also ended up taking photos for each other and arranged to email swap them.

I have ziplined and abseiled before, but each time there's still the hesitation and adrenaline right before you take the leap or first few steps. All the legs had their own challenges (you wouldn't guess it by looking at Api and Ash throughout the course) and the variety between them all were great.

Personally I enjoyed the last leg the best! During the forest trek before/after Api pointed out some of the wildlife, and overhead we also heard the Hornbills and their flapping wings, which was amazing.

On the way back down to the parking lot, there were lots of families in the park area and in the water. I would have loved to go back up for pictures, but the taxi was already waiting for me when we got back to the van to take off the all the equipment.

Both Api and Ash are super friendly, and answered all the random questions i asked them. Great company with so much experience -- would definitely recommend to others.

4  Thank ShazUCLA

Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is a challenge for the uninitiated to climbing and aerial fun. The hardest part is the walk up the hill to commence the course! After that you're in really good hands. Ash and Appi are super professional and always in control.
These guys put your safety first, the gear is in good order and your coached and coaxed all the way by these top order professionals.
My partner had never done anything like this before and had a ball, smiles all round. We did the full version and it's certainly worth the extra time and effort.
There are some good challenges and some super fun zip lines - the longest is sixty metres way up in the air ending in a huge fig tree before you rapell down to the ground.
Totally awesome morning out with some really nice guys. Well worth it, do this activity over parasailing any day.

2  Thank rroger_rramjet
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Really good fun, really cool guys, 5 stars for sure!! There is abseiling, tightrope walking and best of all zip-lining in the jungle - what more do you want!!

1  Thank Jamie W
Reviewed December 24, 2012

What a great adventure. While there were several times I felt scared (the good kind), not once did I feel unsafe. Ash and Api are amazing - so professional and full of good humour.

My husband is normally more adventurous than me, but I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge and fun of this brilliant day out. The flying fox was so much fun, and I loved the abseiling, and the tree climbing, and the rope bridge, and ..... well, you get the idea.

Great value. Definitely do it.

1  Thank Deniese C
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I am kind of sad we have very less reviews for this awesome activity in Langkawi. We (4 of us) did the canopy adventure on 7th Dec. We took the LITE version and it was super cool. You have to climb up around 700 steps first, trek through the forest for few mins and then your activities start. Walking on a rope, climbing on spider web, climbing down steep rocks and flying fox were superb. Do not worry about safety, the safety measures were very good. Ashraff and Abi where awesome guides, gave us confidence and we enjoyed every part of this.
Once you reach down, there is a small stream flowing down from Gunung Raya. Do bring swimwear and towels, the water is very good and taking a dip after the adventure would be really nice. Identifying the place also was very easy, we took a bike, Taxi options are also available.
If you are visiting Langkawi, do not miss this. Ashraff and Abi were superb guides. Thank you guys. We will do this again for sure, if we visit Langkawi again.

Arun DK